Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Should be going 5 forwards on the first unit been saying it since the start of the year.
Hells no. Chabot is just as effective at his role as another forward, and that would significantly effect the other power play unit.

Not to mention putting us in trouble for shorties

Reactions: Cosmix

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Should be going 5 forwards on the first unit been saying it since the start of the year.

I'd start by replacing Chabot with Sanderson or Brannstrom. I don't think it's that we shouldn't have a D on PP1. It's just that Chabot is not great in that role.

Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd start by replacing Chabot with Sanderson or Brannstrom. I don't think it's that we shouldn't have a D on PP1. It's just that Chabot is not great in that role.
Right now we have a 1a and 1b unit, it seems like Sanderson has one and Chabot the other. Chabot hasn't been the issue with our PP this year imo, and the way we run the PP I don't really think swapping one guy for another will change much, systemically the PP isn't really relying on the D. Perhaps that's due to Chabot's limitations, but I don't think so, I think it's just how DJ wants it run.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Right now we have a 1a and 1b unit, it seems like Sanderson has one and Chabot the other. Chabot hasn't been the issue with our PP this year imo, and the way we run the PP I don't really think swapping one guy for another will change much, systemically the PP isn't really relying on the D. Perhaps that's due to Chabot's limitations, but I don't think so, I think it's just how DJ wants it run.

I'm not only referring to this year, since well, it's only been 2 games.

I'm looking at Chabot over the last 3 years. He's not a great PP player. Over the last 3 seasons, he's 9th in PP TOI amongst defenseman but 24th in points.

Obviously some of that is a function of team talent, but not all. He generally holds on to the puck too long, is too stationary, telegraphs his passes and isn't a shooting threat.

It's such a small sample size for Brannstrom, but I like his game more for that situation.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not only referring to this year, since well, it's only been 2 games.

I'm looking at Chabot over the last 3 years. He's not a great PP player. Over the last 3 seasons, he's 9th in PP TOI amongst defenseman but 24th in points.

Obviously some of that is a function of team talent, but not all. He generally holds on to the puck too long, is too stationary, telegraphs his passes and isn't a shooting threat.

It's such a small sample size for Brannstrom, but I like his game more for that situation.
I think personnel has been a big part of it, we're 24th in GF over the same period, we just weren't a strong offensive team.

Playing more mins meant playing with the second unit more which there was a big drop off in talent for with guys like Ennis, White, Tierney and Anisimov getting mins.

We also run a system of set plays that really doesn't run through the D, we rely more on getting puck down low and putting passes through the seems to Norris.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What are push notifications?
Well that's a bit of a tangent, but push notifications go to your phone and give you updates from whatever service your getting them from, if it's in regards to this website, I have no idea I said no don't ask me again and never looked back. I guess they might notify you whenever someone replies to you sort of like when you get an email your phone will bing and a drop down notification will tell you who it's from and the subject

Reactions: aragorn

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Great start. They doubled their goal production in the first three minutes.

Chabot looking good. Branny with another nice play. The big guns are firing.

Not bad attendance for Ottberia.

Ooops - wrong thread. LOL.

Reactions: Bileur

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well that's a bit of a tangent, but push notifications go to your phone and give you updates from whatever service your getting them from, if it's in regards to this website, I have no idea I said no don't ask me again and never looked back. I guess they might notify you whenever someone replies to you sort of like when you get an email your phone will bing and a drop down notification will tell you who it's from and the subject
Thanks.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Hamonic has been receiving the puck quite a bit from sanderson who like to feed his D partner. If there was just a little bit more faith in Sandy (being a rookie) and Bran (defensively) they would make a really good pair

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Hun

Apr 8, 2019
Brannstrom hasn’t shown the ability or willingness to get his shot off at this level yet so tough to gauge how good it is.

Brannstrom has always been a good skater the question was his speed and more importantly his acceleration. He has improved his explosiveness so that is really helping him.

Brannstrom is still not a good defender but he defends at a level which is acceptable when he brings the breakout and potential offence like he is now.
Yes, Brann didn't show (hadn't had a chance to show yet) his shot, but that doesn't mean he has a bad shot.
Brann had no problem with acceleration. He had problems with remote speed.
Brann has always defended well, he has a good stick since his junior days. Simply, here everyone turned a blind eye to mistakes, for example Chabot, but sought out any oversight from Brann. Brann is playing great defensively for PMD right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad