Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Why? This team is exactly where many of us thought it would be! This team as still at least 3 years away from competing for a playoffs spot! and it could take longer then that! We still have a long way to go here folks! I dont see Dorion or Smith losing their job anytime soon!

Dude I wish for that also! This team is 2 years away from competitive in the playoffs. However you need to play competitive hockey. This year and next should be benchmarks as to where you are.

This year may be a step backwards which happens but the management has not factored that in with their plans.

Heavy reliance upon prospects is going to fail. Balance between the two is the difference between being a playoff contender or pretender.

We're getting to the point where excuses are no longer acceptable and results are the only thing that really matter.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Dude I wish for that also! This team is 2 years away from competitive in the playoffs. However you need to play competitive hockey. This year and next should me benchmarks as to where you are.

This year may be a step backwards which happens but the management has not factored that in with their plans.

Heavy reliance upon prospects is going to fail. Balance between the two is the difference between being a playoff contender or pretender.

Dorion talked to the fans about veterans players so much the last 2-3 years and how important they were for the kids - Dadonov. Del Zotto, Stepan, Cobourn, Dzingel. Ain’t going anywhere with these guys as your core players.

has a Scott Gomez feel to it, literally about to retire but take one more kick at the can

Alex The Loyal

Andlauer Appreciator
Dec 4, 2010
UK
Dorion talked to the fans about veterans players so much the last 2-3 years and how important they were for the kids - Dadonov. Del Zotto, Stepan, Cobourn, Dzingel. Ain’t going anywhere with these guys as your core players.

has a Scott Gomez feel to it, literally about to retire but take one more kick at the can
It's funny how the guys he says are so important are all basically terrible.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
And remember what Darius Kaspairaitus did to Lindros? ANd remember what every stiff breeze did to Logan Brown?

These are some of the best athletes in the world. A 5'10 guy gets injured just like a 6'2 guy. Everywhere except in your weird mind.
Size doesn't make a difference with injuries, anyone can get hurt for any reason or circumstance at any time & I never said it did. I said it was an advantage in a collission to be bigger & heavier. But it was Mann who said they were trying to teach Brann to protect himself that he went into danger areas fearlessly. It was DJ who said that he thought he would get killed out there the way he played.

And it's obvious that bigger players who outweight smaller players have an advantage in a collision, not always, but more often & we see that all the time in hockey. That's all that I'm saying, not sure why you always tend to go into lala land with your explanations & make shit up. If it's a hand injury than it's most likely from a slash, although I've seen guys break or fracture hands in collisions too or against the boards awkardly.

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Dude I wish for that also! This team is 2 years away from competitive in the playoffs. However you need to play competitive hockey. This year and next should be benchmarks as to where you are.

We're getting to the point where excuses are no longer acceptable and results are the only thing that really matter.

It depends on how management responds. Are they going to keep pushing Murray to start even if Gus outpreforms him? Are they going to make some moves to patch the holes on the team? A top 4 defenseman, potentially a center? Are they going to let the best players actually play?

Or are they going to continue to bring in plugs to play way above what they should be doing?

This team could make the playoffs next year, but management has to make some moves to help them out.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
This is gg for Brannstrom, he's going to be traded soon. PD's proudest day is coming to a close. It's unfortunate, I was rooting for him to become a staple, but this injury seals his fate. Only a matter of time now. I hope we get a half decent return, what a debacle that original trade ended up being. Massive L.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It depends on how management responds. Are they going to keep pushing Murray to start even if Gus outpreforms him? Are they going to make some moves to patch the holes on the team? A top 4 defenseman, potentially a center? Are they going to let the best players actually play?

Or are they going to continue to bring in plugs to play way above what they should be doing?

This team could make the playoffs next year, but management has to make some moves to help them out.
They will never stop bringing in terrible vets. Clearly they have a massive blind spot for these types.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Are you just finding out that hockey is a physical sport? Or are you implying that Brannstrom didn't know this...

No I’m saying he kept putting himself in horrible positions and only a moron would shrug and think it’s fine

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Broken hand could mean the scaphoid (most common bone to break) or the distal head of the radius.
Both will take at least 6 weeks; but more likely 8-10.

That sucks for him. I never broke my hand but did a good job on my ankle: bimalleolar fracture requiring a plate with 6 screws on one bone and a screw and pin on the other. The hardware was removed after one year.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
That sucks for him. I never broke my hand but did a good job on my ankle: bimalleolar fracture requiring a plate with 6 screws on one bone and a screw and pin on the other. The hardware was removed after one year.

Bimalleolar? Wow I'm guessing it was a crushing injury.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Branny needs to take this injury maybe as a blessing! Hear me out!

He was being bashed and treated like the red headed step-child. It seems like they may have dealt him or buried him in AHL if was not for covid or injuries.

Now he can heal his injuries and let these old vets wear out their welcome, study game film on positioning and work on his foot speed.

Reactions: bicboi64

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Thomson is showing that he is a realiable defenceman in these past two games as is JBD, both play a solid defensive game. If Thomson can play more minutes with Chabot that allows Zub to play with the 2nd pairing LD to help him out improving the defence. By the end of the yr we could see a top four of Chabot, Thomson, Sanderson & Zub, we might also see Kleven & JBD on the last pairing if Kleven also comes out of school which he might. I expect that by the TDL J. Brown, Holden & maybe Mete could all be gone.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad