Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
I guess Chabot, Zub and Holden were not good enough to cover his young player mistakes? Can't babysit this kid. He is defensemen not a sniper forward.
When does he ever play with those players? Please do tell.

Reactions: NB613

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

I don't think he's played a minute with Zub this year. Last year he did and it was a really good pairing.

But do they try it this year? Nope! J. Bro needs his icetime.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I am done with Branny, I've seen enough to say he is not going to flourish here. I think PD 's comment yesterday was pure posturing for trading him. He will part of a trade to bring in. Top 6 F or Top 4 D.
I don’t think our pro scouts can identify a d man better than brannstrom.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
LOL. Yeah because it was Brannstrom who made one of the worst defensive plays I've seen this year leading to the GWG.

Worrying about the inconsistencies of a 22 year old while we consistently roll out possibly the worst defenseman in the NHL as a regular shows some pretty weird priorities.
He's part of the worse defence you mention & IMO he is also one of the reasons for it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
At least he can do that unlike Zaitsev and Brown who can't do both lmao
That's true but it doesn't take away from the fact that he is constantly targeted & over powered in the D-zone. I imagine after this season J. Brown, Mete & maybe MDZ could all be gone ,so he should get more games & we'll see how he improves.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's true but it doesn't take away from the fact that he is constantly targeted & over powered in the D-zone. I imagine after this season J. Brown, Mete & maybe MDZ could all be gone ,so he should get more games & we'll see how he improves.
I don’t know where you see brannstrom getting overpowered. He babysits josh brown out there in every facet of the game

Reactions: Emrasie and NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don’t know where you see brannstrom getting overpowered. He babysits josh brown out there in every facet of the game
More like the other way around in the D-Zone, I see Brown going to Brannstrom's aid a lot & big forwards just having their way with him.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Of his 517:01 at EV

Brown - 224:51
Chabot - 132:49
Zub - 92:34

So 44% of his icetime is with Brown. Another 44% is with Chabot or Zub. The rest is spilt with 7 other guys.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I actually don't find Brann that bad defensively.. not great, but not that bad. He's quick enough to beat guys to loose pucks and usually makes a nice little play to get the puck out and up the ice. Where he has been disappointing, IMO, is the complete lack of offensive production. He just doesn't seem to make any impact inside the offensive blueline. Hopefully it's a matter of him continuing to mature and gain confidence. I am still rooting for him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Every game he’s overpowered.
Every game everyone is overpowered. Brannstrom is still our fourth best d man by a mile who just passed a full season played. Brannstrom is far less overpowered than Zaitsev and brown. If he wasn’t 5’9 and played the exact same way people would say he’s decent defensively. Which he is

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
More like the other way around in the D-Zone, I see Brown going to Brannstrom's aid a lot & big forwards just having their way with him.
I’m sorry but this does not happen. You won’t agree with me. I won’t agree with you. Brown is not physical. Not hard to knock off the puck. Not strong on the puck. Can’t handle the puck. And is second to essentially every single puck in the corner. He ain’t coming to anyone’s aid man.

Reactions: OD99

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I’m sorry but this does not happen. You won’t agree with me. I won’t agree with you. Brown is not physical. Not hard to knock off the puck. Not strong on the puck. Can’t handle the puck. And is second to essentially every single puck in the corner. He ain’t coming to anyone’s aid man.

Yea, I unno what he was referencing there. Brown is most definitely capable of being physical, but not nearly as enough as to think of it as a distinguishing asset he has. Far more times I've seen Brannstrom come to Brown's aid than the other way around. Which is telling cause Brannstrom struggles mightily against big forwards.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Brann is behind in pretty much every metric including plus minus on the team.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Brann is behind in pretty much every metric including plus minus on the team.
Brown even has more points it turns out and isn’t playing PP time. Brown, Brandy, Zaitsev, Mete all need to go, now I’m sounding like Methot from yesterday.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brannstrom is -14 & J. Brown is -7, it's clear who is weaker defensively. But I do agree that when they have the puck Brannstrom is the better puck carrier & passer.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Every game everyone is overpowered. Brannstrom is still our fourth best d man by a mile who just passed a full season played. Brannstrom is far less overpowered than Zaitsev and brown. If he wasn’t 5’9 and played the exact same way people would say he’s decent defensively. Which he is
Except that he is 5'9" & gets overpowered by the big NHL forwards all the time, yes he is good at skating the puck out & is a good passer, but in his own end is a liability because of his lack of size & strength.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Any metric besides plus/minus lol. Are you telling me Zaitsev was better defensively then Chabot last season?
So you don't have any other metric & are just blowing smoke & trying to curve the arguement in another direction.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
So you don't have any other metric & are just blowing smoke & trying to curve the arguement in another direction.
My point is plus/minus is a stupid metric to determine defensive ability lmao. Nice side stepping though.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
I guess Brannstrom and Zaitsev are better defensively than Chabot guys, look at their plus/minus last year
:laugh:

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad