Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I still like the guy.

Not as an every day defenceman, but man his skating is so lovely.
It is pretty to watch although it would be nice if he skated to the proper spot occasionally

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Looking good so far in a physical game

I think we can all agree that chabot Zub Holden and brannstrom are the best defensemen on this team and are NHL calibre

Reactions: NB613

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Looking good so far in a physical game

I think we can all agree that chabot Zub Holden and brannstrom are the best defensemen on this team and are NHL calibre
Agreed. I much prefer Brannstrom on the left side.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Brannstrom just needs to continue to progress and the decisions after next year will become very difficult, which is a good thing

Reactions: NB613 and HSF

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hes going to start attracting attention from other teams -
Based on what ? He’s progressing and is one of our 4-5 best D but our D is shit. Where would he fit on a better team. Not disparaging him just curious.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
im sure a lot of teams are already trying to take him from Dorion

I hope so - but probably trying to steal him … if he keeps getting better someone will pay.

I like Branny - but unless DJ will let him run PP1 I don’t think we need him. Sandy/Lassi can run PP2 and everyone else is a better defender.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Based on what ? He’s progressing and is one of our 4-5 best D but our D is shit. Where would he fit on a better team. Not disparaging him just curious.

He needs to develop to the point he is a PP1 candidate for a team to pay for him. I don’t know the league well enough to know how many teams would view him as an upgrade to PP1 … but it only needs to be 2-5…

Off the top …
1. Seattle
2. MTL
3. ? LA ?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He needs to develop to the point he is a PP1 candidate for a team to pay for him. I don’t know the league well enough to know how many teams would view him as an upgrade to PP1 … but it only needs to be 2-5…

Off the top …
1. Seattle
2. MTL
3. ? LA ?
I think he’s more valuable to us than we would get in a trade.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I think he’s more valuable to us than we would get in a trade.

i like him too - I just don’t see a pure PK body in this group - maybe it’s a brown type player or Sanderson … but we have 3-6 D that project as light puck movers.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

I mean why aren't we developing him further? He seems to have serious potential to be a top 4 puck moving defensemen.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i like him too - I just don’t see a pure PK body in this group - maybe it’s a brown type player or Sanderson … but we have 3-6 D that project as light puck movers.
Brannstrom and Chabot can move the puck and Sanderson

No one else is really that good at it. Thomson and Zub are okay but they probably aren't going to be the go to guys for transitioning the puck

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I mean why aren't we developing him further? He seems to have serious potential to be a top 4 puck moving defensemen.
Because he’s now an NHL player. If you want to really focus on developing players without worrying about results you keep them in the AHL and put them in those positions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad