Traded Erik Brännström - D - Part III

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Of course he has a lot of influence; however, he does not make the decision as that power lies with the Board. He is the best commissioner the league has ever had.
I know that, I was responding to the Melnyk sisters deciding.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I wonder if he would sign a 3 year at say $1.2
Some stability for him, a good depth guy who can play anywhere in the event of injuries. He’s a really useful utility guy, and the dynamic stuff is starting to bubble up

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I wonder if he would sign a 3 year at say $1.2
Some stability for him, a good depth guy who can play anywhere in the event of injuries. He’s a really useful utility guy, and the dynamic stuff is starting to bubble up
Too much to lose and too little to gain signing a 3 y contract imo for a player like him. Sure if it was at double the salary but at near minimum, someone will take a flyer on him even if he flames out with us after the next 1-2 years, especially if he has to prove it at a lowly 900k. So the guaranteed 300k for that 3rd year isn't worth the gambling of him getting a 3M x 4 year instead during that year 3. He's better off going after a 1.1M x 2 year bridge.

Pure speculation.with bet on yourself mentality.
Now if we offered 2M x 3 years, young unproven players might think about it.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Most people know I’ve always been a BrannStorm fan.. The one thing that really worried me was him getting crushed too often, and he’s really improved at not putting himself in those vulnerable positions. He’s also limited avoidable silly turnovers but as a dman it’s impossible to completely eliminate.

The number is usually 300 ish games to see what you have in a dman and he’s only at 182 and has shown obvious progress offensively and especially defensively. His ceiling is probably Sam Girard level who despite looking really good offensively, has never hit 35 pts and obviously not a stalwart defensively.

You win with this type of guy on your bottom pair making under 2M and able to move up in a pinch in case of injury.

Reactions: asw and Dionysus

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Too much to lose and too little to gain signing a 3 y contract imo for a player like him. Sure if it was at double the salary but at near minimum, someone will take a flyer on him even if he flames out with us after the next 1-2 years, especially if he has to prove it at a lowly 900k. So the guaranteed 300k for that 3rd year isn't worth the gambling of him getting a 3M x 4 year instead during that year 3. He's better off going after a 1.1M x 2 year bridge.

Pure speculation.with bet on yourself mentality.
Now if we offered 2M x 3 years, young unproven players might think about it.

Could see him doing
1.87Mx2.
Year 1, 1.5M
Year 2, 2.25M

Sens would then have to qualify him at his next contract at 2.25 or he can test the market. So it gives him financial options and also allows the sens to retain team control over him.

Also his agent is not allowed to forget Brannstroms cold slump for the majority of the season.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Where was this Brannstrom for the first 179 games in his career? 3 goals in 179 games. Then 2 goals in his last 3 games. Oh yeah contract time.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I know that, I was responding to the Melnyk sisters deciding.
The board can veto a selection. They can't recommend. Some poster laid out the whole process in here before as I recall with quotes from Bettman, NHL constitution rules, etc.

If Galatioto Sports Partners does their job properly, whichever bidder is selected for board approval will already be vetted and acceptable to the BoG and the sale will go through.

I think the sisters will decide thing is an oversimplification that was made by one poster (I think) who was trying to retract his initial statements which were erroneous.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I won't dig up my own post and gloat, but I would do the latter anyway. Told ya bitches that give The Brannchise a minute to grow his game as a small, mobile defenceman who is still developing.

His game took off in the last 15-20 games, has been a treat to watch this water bug despite obvious size deficiencies/line-up adversities. Solid puck mover in the bottom pair.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I won't dig up my own post and gloat, but I would do the latter anyway. Told ya bitches that give The Brannchise a minute to grow his game as a small, mobile defenceman who is still developing.

His game took off in the last 15-20 games, has been a treat to watch this water bug despite obvious size deficiencies/line-up adversities. Solid puck mover in the bottom pair.
Didn't he have a really strong 15-20 games to end the year last year too? Anyway, the good news is he's an asset that can be re-signed or potentially traded to address a roster weakness, which bodes well for the team.

Reactions: Senovision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad