Erie Otters 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
McDavid Sick Set Up on Erie Goal

Lexus, thanks for that we were at the Game last night and if you think it is good on Video, twice as fast and amazing when you see it Live. Even the Gen's Fans around us, who had never seen McDavid Live were stunned. No worries about Erie, but is is just plain Sick to see # 97 Dismantle 4 Top Oshawa Generals and make them look like House Leaguer's, and that is the truth video does not lie.

DJ Smith said it best, you cannot defend against him, pitty the NHL players who have to do so next year.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
BSabres, this is a contradiction, but every Oshawa goal was nowhere near a highlight reel status, but guess what in the end does not matter, cause they all count and the GEN' S got Four of them.
You will see a different ERIE team tonight. You will see the ERIE team that dismantled SSM. 6 days off for ERIE before Game # 1 is not good, Erie is a team that needs to be playing all the time. Oshawa played "Their perfect Game last night" and in doing so if that is the best the GENS can do, I have no worries about the OTTERS, cause you will see Erie's best starting tonight.

Also BSabres, Like I said love the GEN' S home rink not a bad seat in the house, but why did they not show that sick set up by McDavid on ERIE' S Only goal on that Joke Scoreboard, they showed every Gen's goal. Sorry to say you are going to be seeing more of that Sick play by #97 he is just warming up. Also some SCALPER offered us $75.00 each for out tickets and them he was going to sell them for $150.00 a piece. Did not see a lot of scalper's, everyone was looking for tickets, but those who will selling were asking for $250.00 or $300.00 a pair. Lastly I will say "Let's Go Otters"

As you acknowledged no gens fans really care about the highlight reel quality of our goals. We care about winning the title and representing the ohl in the memorial cup. I already agreed last night that our video board is garbage. I think Erie fans should be less concerned with McDavid stepping up and more concerned with the vanishing act by baptiste and strome. Should be a good one tonight. I'll be there and try to live up to the excellent environment of last nights game. Go gens go!!

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Agree on Otters' having too many days off. Mcdavid got the franchise playoff point record on that assist, on to the rest of unfinished business.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
As you acknowledged no gens fans really care about the highlight reel quality of our goals. We care about winning the title and representing the ohl in the memorial cup. I already agreed last night that our video board is garbage. I think Erie fans should be less concerned with McDavid stepping up and more concerned with the vanishing act by baptiste and strome. Should be a good one tonight. I'll be there and try to live up to the excellent environment of last nights game. Go gens go!!
Go gens go!! :handclap:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
One thing Erie needs tonight: Mcdavid to be more aggressive on the backcheck. When he floats around on defense other players tend to follow. Going back to game 6 vs SSM I feel that Erie took over that game after the 2-2 tying goal from J. Marchment and the real reason they took over is because 97 looked like he was on a mission. Just picked the pockets of Tolchinsky, Nurse, Deangelo. Everyone. He was flying and being super aggressive. SSM was in shock with the way Erie just took over and they didn't know how to react. When Mcdavid plays with more intensity on defense everyone else follows. And when he gets pissed off after only having an assist in game 1, and a penalty.. Well expect him to be more determined tonight. He said it himself in his presser pretty much saying that they played poor as a team and the effort was flat, and he needs to do more but he will figure it out.

Hopefully he plays super inspired because that will fire other guys up and we'll that's what Erie needs

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
One thing Erie needs tonight: Mcdavid to be more aggressive on the backcheck. When he floats around on defense other players tend to follow. Going back to game 6 vs SSM I feel that Erie took over that game after the 2-2 tying goal from J. Marchment and the real reason they took over is because 97 looked like he was on a mission. Just picked the pockets of Tolchinsky, Nurse, Deangelo. Everyone. He was flying and being super aggressive. SSM was in shock with the way Erie just took over and they didn't know how to react. When Mcdavid plays with more intensity on defense everyone else follows. And when he gets pissed off after only having an assist in game 1, and a penalty.. Well expect him to be more determined tonight. He said it himself in his presser pretty much saying that they played poor as a team and the effort was flat, and he needs to do more but he will figure it out.

Hopefully he plays super inspired because that will fire other guys up and we'll that's what Erie needs

I don't really think you have to worry about what 97 has to do better. He was about the only one competing for 60 minutes last night. But he needs help. I think you have to worry about some of the others. Baptiste had a good first period then disappeared. Strome might as well have stayed on the bus. He was a complete non-factor and if he continues like that will hurt his draft rating considerably imo. Oshawa is a big strong team. Unlike Soo almost everyone is huge and plays it . Oshawa threw the Otters around like ragdolls most of the night to the point Erie was not even competing for loose pucks in the 3rd period. That has to change fast.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I don't really think you have to worry about what 97 has to do better. He was about the only one competing for 60 minutes last night. But he needs help. I think you have to worry about some of the others. Baptiste had a good first period then disappeared. Strome might as well have stayed on the bus. He was a complete non-factor and if he continues like that will hurt his draft rating considerably imo. Oshawa is a big strong team. Unlike Soo almost everyone is huge and plays it . Oshawa threw the Otters around like ragdolls most of the night to the point Erie was not even competing for loose pucks in the 3rd period. That has to change fast.

I'm speaking defensively. No Mcdavid in my view didn't do enough defensively. Won't complain about Baptiste 1 game into it because he next to Mcdavid won that SSM series. And not worried about other guys stepping up until I at least see another game tonight. It's one game into it and Erie has looked flat every single time they have started a series this year

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I think you're just saying that because McDavid was on the ice for 3 of the 4 Gens goals.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I think you're just saying that because McDavid was on the ice for 3 of the 4 Gens goals.

No I watched the game and have watched over half of mcdavid's career. I know when he is just coasting back on D half the time and know when he is giving a little more effort. I saw what effort can do.. A 7-3 win against SSM where they controlled most of the tempo.

Mason Marchment back tonight and will be on 3rd line with Jake Marchment and T. Raddysh. Murphy back to D.

Marchment hasn't played since game 1 vs London so rust will be seen first but also some fresh legs. Usually he is willing to play physical and you don't have to tell him twice, plus having missed so much time with suspension I'll keep my eye on him a little more to see how physical he is playing

81-97-12
14-19-29
11-27-17
9-26-21

23-24
44-57
3-6

Williams in net.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
That one hurts.

Don't want to blame Williams but he can't give up 3-4 goals a game in this series and be just a "bit better than average" as knoblauch said. Against this team you can't score 4-5 goals to win every night. But at the same time 2 goals in 2 games is pathetic. Don't care how good Oshawa is. That will result in 0 wins 99% of the time.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Didn't watch the game but I can assume 3 goals given up in just a few minutes is a result from quitting after 2-1?

Williams makes big saves through first 2 periods but then gives up 3 goals in 3rd. Ends up finishing with an average at best performance. Can't win with that. But again can't win with the offense struggling either

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
Well that third goal hurt a bit. 5 minutes left and frustration is setting in. I said as soon as the third period started the next goal would win the game, looks like that will come true. Baptiste having his stick break on him was a very unfortunate bounce for Erie. This series isn't over by a long shot, but this game is as they get their fourth.

Two opinions about Oshawa as a whole...the pregame was a joke. They almost didn't do the American anthem which is absolutely horrible. Second is that the crowd isn't impressive very quiet until Oshawa scored in the third, everything is controlled by the volume of music and announcer. There were about 100 Erie fans in 107 that started an otters chant and that would finally spark a gens chant. Sorry but we don't need someone else to start our chant. I honestly wanted to stay out of the 'loud crowd' discussion but this was awful.

This game is getting worse, Erie has given up on this game and Devin. Here's to more uneducated comments about devin not being that guy. Can't wait to be back here next Friday when the series is 2-2. Have faith Erie fans, we'll be just fine.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
OD: Keep playing like this and the Otters season will be DONE as of mid next week. I hate to be THAT guy, but this mess better be fixed and fast.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I would have more faith if Williams didn't always give up 1 goal followed by 1-4 more minutes later. And if Erie was finding the net. More frustrating for a team like Erie to lose basically 2-1 tonight (before they quit) and score just 2 goals in 2 games. I believe in knoblauch and being at home with 2nd line change and crowd motivation could help a bit but they need to rack up 4-5 goals in game 3 to gain some offensive confidence again and to help Williams out. Williams is a decent goalie and after the SSM series I cant regret the whole deadline move for a goalie anymore. But going against a goalie like Appleby, he had to be remarkable. Yes he has made big saves but 9 goals in 2 games against this team is terrible. He has to respond in the next 2 games in Erie and give up 5-6 max. Not close to being his fault when Erie went 0-5 on PP but still no excuse to give up that many goals when you are last line of defense

Otterly Disappoint

Jan 9, 2013
OD: Keep playing like this and the Otters season will be DONE as of mid next week. I hate to be THAT guy, but this mess better be fixed and fast.

I don't disagree one bit. The powerplay hurt tonight, but the defense crumbled tonight. Home ice and last change will benefit Erie(hopefully).

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Won't lose any faith about this series being over or what not. Takes 1 win on the road and to go undeafted at home.. Easier said than done but it's what happen against the Soo. Protect your home rink and win 1 of 4 on the road. Erie now has to win 1 of 2 on road and win at home. Every single playoff series either starts 1-1 or 2-0 for some team. If your the road team and down 2-0 you are still in shape to win with 3 of 5 potential games being at home. So no need to panic. But if the offense continues to struggle more frustration will set in and that would be the issue.

I do know that every player on Erie's team absolutely loves the home crowd at EIA. That will factor in before they just pack in the towel. An early goal or even just the first lead on Monday will get the boys confident again and this team pretty much rolls on confidence and belief. They win 1 or 2 and they take off rolling.

Monday night I'll either say this series is over and good season or Erie is in good shape again

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Williams was fine. The team played great for 50 minutes, this was a very close game. The PP falling flat was the downfall, the goals piled on the end didn't mean anything, Erie was spent at that point.

Game One Erie got almost no chances, tonight they got a tonfof chances, Appleby was solid. But Erie needs to start finishing if they want to claw back.

It starts with a big win Monday. Get it done boys.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Erie is in tough with Oshawa's size. If there was ever a team built for the play off this is the one. They will wear down most teams with size and skill. Erie has to win the next one or that's all she wrote.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
This team has overperformed all year. Starting with so many rookies at beginning of year, to a struggling goalie, to not making the "necessary" moves at the deadline. Really I had no expectations that Erie would win a chamionship this year and certainly had few going up against SSM in round 3. So I'm just happy to get 2 more games of Mcdavid at home before the era is over and we can move on with new owners. Sucks to be down 2-0 but as long as Erie fights and gives some gut check effort on Monday and then Wednesday, I'm okay whatever the scoreboard says. Oshawa just has the two things that can knock Erie off their game-goalie and physical play. Which means for Erie to comeback and win this series they need to neutralize it. Williams can't be just average, unfortunately it won't cut it. Thought he was very solid vs Soo but really more with timely saves. Against Oshawa it comes down to quantity of saves. he has to raise his game more if possible because that's Erie's only chance. 0-3 goals against a game is where he has to be, not 4-5. Which might be unrealistic for him but being a veteran I know he can have great performances. Only other option is for Erie to strike 4-5 a game which I'll believe that when I actually see them achieve it

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
the save made on alex in the second was huge.

give the gens credit they blocked shots and hit
the double team on connor should free up a player for the Otters but they seem to be a bit slow on the decision making .

they have not played an Otters game yet this series hope the bus ride home is uneventful and they come out with a bit of desperation.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Overachieved hockeye? Wow, things have change quick for ya. Other than Soo, who was set to compete this year from t be West? But I'm not surprised based on your previous posts. (Compare Eries youth to Londons at key spots lol) Teams don't overacheive, they reach potential.
They were an obvious top 2 west conf team a month into the year, have the best player the O has seen in years. You praised their size, offense, team play, coaching ect.. thru three rounds and now they've overacheived? No, they've meet a better team so far.
Without McNextOne this team is decent, but they got him so I won't count em out yet, but winning 4/5 from Shwa is a tough task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad