Erie Otters 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Go OTTERS Go

Just a word of wisdom guys shoot high on Appleby, he is tough down low. Hope the ref's call a fair series. Oh one other thing, Oshawa can't take a hit without whining all night to the ref's.
With your fire power and speed, I see Erie in 5 games easy.
FYI leave your noise making devices and cameras at home if you're going to Oshawa. They don't like visiting fans cheering on their team!

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Just a word of wisdom guys shoot high on Appleby, he is tough down low. Hope the ref's call a fair series. Oh one other thing, Oshawa can't take a hit without whining all night to the ref's.
FYI leave your noise making devices and cameras at home if you're going to Oshawa. They don't like visiting fans cheering on their team!

That's the same knock on Williams Shoot high.

Good news for Erie, guys like Mcdavid, Strome, Debricnat, Baptiste, and Elie have pretty good wristers to rip up high. Most of their "low" shots come from deflections, nice tic tac toe passes (see game 6 vs. SSM) and Mcdavid making the goalie fall down in look silly. Come to think of it a lot of Erie's goals are really always set up by nice passing which creates easier open net shots. They generally score because of highlight reel passing not a highlight reel shot

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013

Oh, did they take your battalion flag away :cry:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Anybody know when game 6 tickets would be on sale? Planning on coming to Erie if the series goes 6 games.

as soon as a game six is clinched they'd go on sale to the public. Should Erie be up 3-2, they'd go very quickly so be prepared to buy online as soon as you can.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014

Shoot high on a 6 ft 5 goalie ?? Ok. I would say a little sour grapes here from a north bay fan. I was up in north bay and could say the same about your fans when thirty gens fans were cheering for their team. I personally and know a lot of fans that were impressed with the support north bay got from their fans that came to Oshawa last series. It made the building louder when all the fans were engaged in the game.

I've said it before to me and many people who have watched the teams. Oshawa has the edge in goal. Erie has the edge in forwards and offense. Oshawa plays the complete team defense game. Means a great series for the fans. 6-7 game series for one team IMO.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere

Oshawa has a by-law no compressed air horns, horns a permitted but not compressed air horns, as for Appleby when he down he still @ crossbar height(then why didn't Battalion shot high?) don't call Gen's players whiners, Butler did enough of that also, Just saying :laugh:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
When the Gens played the Ice Dogs I noticed Appleby had some trouble on long shots some went in and the one he did stop he looked shaky but in close he stopped most of the shots. Has I said the second round series against the Ice Dogs may help Oshawa against Erie because they had a taste of a series with a high scoring fast club by wearing them down esp after game three.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
When the Gens played the Ice Dogs I noticed Appleby had some trouble on long shots some went in and the one he did stop he looked shaky but in close he stopped most of the shots. Has I said the second round series against the Ice Dogs may help Oshawa against Erie because they had a taste of a series with a high scoring fast club by wearing them down esp after game three.

But did they have McDavid, Strome,Debrincat etc.? You have to play an honest game with no penalties to beat these guys on the power play one would think.

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
Let's face it, Erie is favored to win this series. They only finished 4 points behind the Gens and missed McDavid for 20+ games. You've got to believe they would have finished ahead of the Gens if it wasn't for that. They are a great team.

EpicOtters

Nov 26, 2013
Game 4 is 9 tickets away from a full sellout. Game 3 still has 389 tickets left, although 273 of those are in sections 201 and 222.

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
I'm prob going to have an extra game 4 ticket..

The wife's out of town and me pullin a Hottie is slim to zero:shakehead

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
I believe Oshawa is about 4 hours or so, probably depends on the border crossing as well.

Otters' new "preferred" buyer was presented in court today. They want to keep the team in Erie. :handclap:

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Oshawa has a by-law no compressed air horns, horns a permitted but not compressed air horns, as for Appleby when he down he still @ crossbar height(then why didn't Battalion shot high?) don't call Gen's players whiners, Butler did enough of that also, Just saying :laugh:

Hey Naz, if compressed air horns are outlawed in Oshawa, you forgot one behind your bench. Check out the post game press conference of game #3 and tell me who the whiners are?????;)

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
I don't know if there's a connection but game 3 was the last time North Bay won a game.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
Hey Naz, if compressed air horns are outlawed in Oshawa, you forgot one behind your bench. Check out the post game press conference of game #3 and tell me who the whiners are?????;)
Bahaha....Let them play!Let them play! but we should have had more power plays...Get under the skin of Hunter and McCarron and this series is over...they'll lead the parade to the penalty box.

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
Bahaha....Let them play!Let them play! but we should have had more power plays...Get under the skin of Hunter and McCarron and this series is over...they'll lead the parade to the penalty box.

Ya I agree.... I think Erie will blow the gens out of the water... 4-0.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
With the Otters being heavy favourites I hope the Gens can keep the games close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad