Erie Otters 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
Personally I'm Wondering what game 1 is going to be like..Teams trying to gauge one another the first game, or just an all out frenzy.. Time will tell

We have lost a few game ones in these series, I think game one of the playoffs and the loss to Sarnia was an eye opener and a gut check to say the least.. In hindsight prob was the absolute best thing that could have happened to us..I still shake my head at the way Sarnia played.. Give them much credit..there gonna be tough next year..

What do you guys think and why?dont just say OSH is gonna role 12 to 1 the first game ,they could but I'm not looking for just a score..

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
That the same Oshawa who had two crowds under 5,000 for the second round games against Niagara.

Same one. I remember you busting our balls for attendance through the series. We were just waiting to see some real superstars as the opponent :laugh:. Plus this is the OHL Championship series now.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Personally I'm Wondering what game 1 is going to be like..Teams trying to gauge one another the first game, or just an all out frenzy.. Time will tell

We have lost a few game ones in these series, I think game one of the playoffs and the loss to Sarnia was an eye opener and a gut check to say the least.. In hindsight prob was the absolute best thing that could have happened to us..I still shake my head at the way Sarnia played.. Give them much credit..there gonna be tough next year..

What do you guys think and why?dont just say OSH is gonna role 12 to 1 the first game ,they could but I'm not looking for just a score..

I think you will see guys like McCarron and Smith going out of their way to throw some big hits early to try and set the tone for the series. Sometimes they get undisciplined and get out of position by doing that and we can't afford it with your guys powerplay. I hope we get out of the first period unharmed and then can settle down from there. Should be a great series.

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
Crowd Size and Series and Predictions

Same one. I remember you busting our balls for attendance through the series. We were just waiting to see some real superstars as the opponent :laugh:. Plus this is the OHL Championship series now.

Guys everyone knows that 4 seats in The Restaurant at GM Center in Oshawa are going for $1,000 for only One reason and it is not to see Dal Colle and Mermis, not to mention pairs of tickets to Game 1 and 2 are on KIJJI and Stub Hub for $300.00 to $500.00 a pair. Yep all about # 97, will say again to all you GENS fans, who have not had the pleasure of seeing the greatest Junior player in 30 years play LIVE, you will be blown away and not disappointed, lives up to and exceeds the hype.

Erie is almost SOLD OUT, but has about a 1,000 more seat capacity per game than Oshawa. Can you Gens Fans, recommend a good close by Sports Bar prior to the game in Oshawa, there are plenty in Erie. Good luck to all and hope the REFS stay out of it and let them play and it the GENS do not stay out of the box, people will be bring brooms with them to game # 4 at EIA. One prediction that will come true, McDavid will set the All Time scoring records for the OHL Playoffs, (only 10 points from doing so)so you will witness history of some sort, nice to say you could see it.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Guys everyone knows that 4 seats in The Restaurant at GM Center in Oshawa are going for $1,000 for only One reason and it is not to see Dal Colle and Mermis, not to mention pairs of tickets to Game 1 and 2 are on KIJJI and Stub Hub for $300.00 to $500.00 a pair. Yep all about # 97, will say again to all you GENS fans, who have not had the pleasure of seeing the greatest Junior player in 30 years play LIVE, you will be blown away and not disappointed, lives up to and exceeds the hype.

Erie is almost SOLD OUT, but has about a 1,000 more seat capacity per game than Oshawa. Can you Gens Fans, recommend a good close by Sports Bar prior to the game in Oshawa, there are plenty in Erie. Good luck to all and hope the REFS stay out of it and let them play and it the GENS do not stay out of the box, people will be bring brooms with them to game # 4 at EIA. One prediction that will come true, McDavid will set the All Time scoring records for the OHL Playoffs, (only 10 points from doing so)so you will witness history of some sort, nice to say you could see it.

Unfortunately I think the ref's are going to play a big part in it, and not in oshawa favor just saying

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Unfortunately I think the ref's are going to play a big part in it, and not in oshawa favor just saying

The fans that are willing to admit they think the refs are going to rig the games for the Otters are the ones that don't believe in their team.

The Penalties were nearly dead even between the Otters and the Hounds.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
The fans that are willing to admit they think the refs are going to rig the games for the Otters are the ones that don't believe in their team.

Hounds actually had more at 22-21

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere

Believe me I believe in my team, but our style of play is not SSM style and I hope that the refs are not going to decide the outcome and let them play.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Erie has more tickets to sell and is not as powerful a hockey market that Oshawa is.

Seawolves are in town, a lot more to do just about every night in Erie & these are WEEKNIGHT games on nights that normally don't have hockey games in town. It'll probably end up sold out especially if Erie steals a game or 2 up North. I have a friend from D.C. coming up just to attend game 4.

Stopped in the office today. Looks like Yellow Rally towels will be handed out. Talked to one of the "Big shots", got some other things confirmed that I had a hunch on. Have tickets through game 6 if it goes that far. :)

Good luck Oshawa fans, I guess I'm most disappointed that my relatives moved from Oshawa to Barrie, won't have the family rivalry in effect.

Naz, is that Johnny Rotten in the picture under your name?

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Seawolves are in town, a lot more to do just about every night in Erie & these are WEEKNIGHT games on nights that normally don't have hockey games in town. It'll probably end up sold out especially if Erie steals a game or 2 up North. I have a friend from D.C. coming up just to attend game 4.

Stopped in the office today. Looks like Yellow Rally towels will be handed out. Talked to one of the "Big shots", got some other things confirmed that I had a hunch on. Have tickets through game 6 if it goes that far. :)

Good luck Oshawa fans, I guess I'm most disappointed that my relatives moved from Oshawa to Barrie, won't have the family rivalry in effect.

Naz, is that Johnny Rotten in the picture under your name?
Both games will be sold out by tomorrow and Thursday at latest. About 1000 tickets for game 3 and 4. And they sold about 4000-4500 today for each game. I'll put money on them being sold out in the next day to 2 days max

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013

I'm not too worried about a sweep. Erie has the best player but the gens have the best team :). The thirsty monk is a pretty good pub with tons of beer on tap and walking distance to the arena. Make reservations though as all of the bars in the area are pretty busy on game nights.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Both games will be sold out by tomorrow and Thursday at latest. About 1000 tickets for game 3 and 4. And they sold about 4000-4500 today for each game. I'll put money on them being sold out in the next day to 2 days max

Remember game 5 of the 2002 finals when the line for tickets went all the way around the block at The Tullio? It only held 5,500 or so but there's probably 50,000 people in this town that would tell you they were there. :laugh:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Remember game 5 of the 2002 finals when the line for tickets went all the way around the block at The Tullio? It only held 5,500 or so but there's probably 50,000 people in this town that would tell you they were there. :laugh:

If it went to a game 6, especially Erie having a 3-2 series lead, they will sell out in 2-3 hours

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Believe me I believe in my team, but our style of play is not SSM style and I hope that the refs are not going to decide the outcome and let them play.

Other then pure paranoia and a few upset Hounds fans, is there any reasonable concern as to why the referees would try and rig the series in favour of the Otters?

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012

Riley's on King Street beside the Parking Garage is within a 2 min walk. Prospects in the GMC has good food and I highly recommend the Smokehouse Cesar to drink. Best one you will ever have. You can reserve a table (not a window game table) opens at 5 or 530 on game night. If you are staying over for game 2 the bar stays open after the game with cheaper than game drinks and has a live band on Fridays. Enjoy your time (not a win for you though I hope lol)

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Other then pure paranoia and a few upset Hounds fans, is there any reasonable concern as to why the referees would try and rig the series in favour of the Otters?

Not one of my post said rig I'm just saying the style of play the generals play a very physical game and Erie's power play is deadly.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not one of my post said rig I'm just saying the style of play the generals play a very physical game and Erie's power play is deadly.

I can see Naz's point. Oshawa is a huge team. Built for rugged hard hitting hockey. He is just wondering if the refs will let them play the way they were constructed. Sometimes it a detriment being given a big team depending on a refs point of view.

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
Series and Bars around GMC in Oshawa

Riley's on King Street beside the Parking Garage is within a 2 min walk. Prospects in the GMC has good food and I highly recommend the Smokehouse Cesar to drink. Best one you will ever have. You can reserve a table (not a window game table) opens at 5 or 530 on game night. If you are staying over for game 2 the bar stays open after the game with cheaper than game drinks and has a live band on Fridays. Enjoy your time (not a win for you though I hope lol)

Nerf and BSabres and all other Gens Fans, thanks so much for the info. Will check it out but might be pretty quiet after an OTTERS WIN. As for you guys, if you make it to ERIE, you will love the $2.00 Beers, check out Bars on State St., like the Plymouth Tavern (better after game) Sluggers Sports Bar (across from arena) Arena Bar and Grill (yep right by the Arena) Jekyll and Hydes (Right by arena) Cloud Nine bar (right by Arena) and I hope like on Opening Day at EIA, some software company had a FREE BEER KEG Party with a live band on the St., right on the corner of French St in front of the EIA rink, yes I repeat FREE BEER !!!!! Does anyone know is NHL Network or SportsNet televising all the games, or just a select view ??
Also Gen's Fans thanks for keeping the heckling classy, just like I hope the play between these two teams was. Apart from the Slew Foot by Verbeek, the series against SSM was Clean, Hard, In Your Face Hockey. Also Gen's Fan, do you really think people will pay those KIJJI and Stubhub Prices ot see # 97 at GMC ???

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Oshawa is one of the least disciplined teams in the league, they were shorthanded the 2nd most teams in the regular season, and the most thus far in the playoffs. Yes they play a physical style of play and the refs have been calling them on it. Suddenly now saying "Unfortunately I think the refs will now play a big part in it and not in Oshawa's favor" is a load of BS. If they suddenly stop calling penalties then what is the point of rules? You can play physical but this is the OHL, you're going to get called on it. Oshawa could get called for a lot more too, I watched a couple games of the ECF and they run interference all day long and get away with quite a bit.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Gens have won 63 games so far this year with their physical style of play. I don't see them changing and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they crank it up a notch.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Oshawa is one of the least disciplined teams in the league, they were shorthanded the 2nd most teams in the regular season, and the most thus far in the playoffs. Yes they play a physical style of play and the refs have been calling them on it. Suddenly now saying "Unfortunately I think the refs will now play a big part in it and not in Oshawa's favor" is a load of BS. If they suddenly stop calling penalties then what is the point of rules? You can play physical but this is the OHL, you're going to get called on it. Oshawa could get called for a lot more too, I watched a couple games of the ECF and they run interference all day long and get away with quite a bit.

Will be harder to get away with it in the ohl finals when all attention is on the games and sportsnet will likely carry most if not all games. Rumor is they are coming back to Erie for game 3/4 and one would think they would cover games 1/2 as well and beyond if it goes further

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
So will more gens fans cry that the refs are calling too many penalties or Erie fans cry they're not calling enough by the end of the series??

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The Gens have won 63 games so far this year with their physical style of play. I don't see them changing and in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they crank it up a notch.

I agree. I'm sure they will.

I'm just saying it's pretty ridiculous to already be complaining about the officiating going against Oshawa when this is how it's been all season long. They've just made up for that fact with an excellent PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad