Erie Otters 2014-15 Season Thread (Part 4)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
Overachieved hockeye? Wow, things have change quick for ya. Other than Soo, who was set to compete this year from t be West? But I'm not surprised based on your previous posts. (Compare Eries youth to Londons at key spots lol) Teams don't overacheive, they reach potential.
They were an obvious top 2 west conf team a month into the year, have the best player the O has seen in years. You praised their size, offense, team play, coaching ect.. thru three rounds and now they've overacheived? No, they've meet a better team so far.
Without McNextOne this team is decent, but they got him so I won't count em out yet, but winning 4/5 from Shwa is a tough task.

why do fans of all the other teams refuse to call Connor by his name ?
they use mcnext one mcgod mc this mc that jealous a bit maybe ?

and you know everyone of the would have killed to have him on their team

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Why would I be jealous Ottergolf?
It's something I've said since his first visit to London as an underager. His talen n drive was immediately obvious. It might even have been an exxy. I knew within twobshidts he was a generational talent.
It's a compliment. Would McDavid the " Next One" cause you less angst?

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Overachieved hockeye? Wow, things have change quick for ya. Other than Soo, who was set to compete this year from t be West? But I'm not surprised based on your previous posts. (Compare Eries youth to Londons at key spots lol) Teams don't overacheive, they reach potential.
They were an obvious top 2 west conf team a month into the year, have the best player the O has seen in years. You praised their size, offense, team play, coaching ect.. thru three rounds and now they've overacheived? No, they've meet a better team so far.
Without McNextOne this team is decent, but they got him so I won't count em out yet, but winning 4/5 from Shwa is a tough task.

Never expected them to be here. In September I wasn't saying "oh yes Erie to the finals" with their current roster. you can't win every year in a market like Erie and we aren't spoiled like London.

Yes they did overachieved in my view. They were a 2 line team compared to Soo who people picked to win in 3 games and win memorial cup. Erie beat them in 6. That's rising above expectations.

Sorry can I not be happy that Erie made it to the finals? I was just letting it out the bag that I'm excited to even be this far and am enjoying ever second of it

Coaching and effort has been amazing up to this point but it won't win you a title. Without coaching and effort however they would have lost in 4 or 5 vs Soo.

But I'm sorry I can't post my views on the Erie thread without bashing, my bad

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I was just letting it out the bag that I'm excited to even be this far and am enjoying ever second of it

That's why we all watch. This is probably the most sense I've ever seen you make. :naughty:

And of course we're jealous of mcconnor. He's a generational talent and has DEFINITELY outgrown the CHL. He dissected my hounds at times single handedly but I think his support is going to dry up under the gens. time will tell.

Last change and the raucous erie fans could turn this series around quick though. i'll be watching.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Not surprised with the gens up 2 - 0. So are gens fans going to see McDavid break the all time record?? One point in two games means he needs 9 points in 2 games

three dog night

May 3, 2014
If Oshawa trend continues they will split the game sin Erie and wrap it up Friday the Gens are just too big for Erie.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
It was exciting to watch McJesus score as many goals as I did tonight... It was truly a groundbreaking moment in hockey history.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
did i sign on the gens board by mistake ?

wow and some thought the soo fans were bad

losing a lot of the respect for the gens fans . its true a few bad apples spoil the bunch .

Shwaguy*

losing a lot of the respect for the gens fans . its true a few bad apples spoil the bunch .

Then don't generalize and only apply it too the bad apples.

Some Erie fan was getting so mad for me heckling McDavid tonight, yelling McDaigle, and yelling that he should ask for a trade out of Edmonton. All in good fun, as I was scared ****less whenever he had the puck. She threatened me for this (So I cheered louder of course). Should I be applying this to every single Otters fan?

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
I'm sorry - should I be giving you privacy to lick your wounds? I'll just go sweep now...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Never expected them to be here. In September I wasn't saying "oh yes Erie to the finals" with their current roster. you can't win every year in a market like Erie and we aren't spoiled like London.

Yes they did overachieved in my view. They were a 2 line team compared to Soo who people picked to win in 3 games and win memorial cup. Erie beat them in 6. That's rising above expectations.

Sorry can I not be happy that Erie made it to the finals? I was just letting it out the bag that I'm excited to even be this far and am enjoying ever second of it

Coaching and effort has been amazing up to this point but it won't win you a title. Without coaching and effort however they would have lost in 4 or 5 vs Soo.

But I'm sorry I can't post my views on the Erie thread without bashing, my bad

You cant win every year, correct, but when you have the single best talent the O has seen in a generation plus, you got a shot. They were easily a top two team in the West.
London fans spoiled? Probly , but to suggest Erie overacheived to make yourself feel better about being down 2-0........

They beat Soo because they were the better team in that series. As YOU were quick to point out in a few posts, not because they overacheived. But that's changed now lol?
They were fortunate, I'll agree, with injuries to key players on Sarnia, London n Soo ( please don't compare any Erie injuries/earned suspensions to Churchryn?, Marner,DAngelo) Again they didn't overacheive, but if it makes ya feel better to think so....

Yes you should be happy, it's been a good run for Otter fans recently.

You post on other boards questioning others POV, challenging, offering your insight on things others post. Why would you not expect the same here? You've done it on London's board and Soos.

A lil thin skinned seemingly.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

If "it's true a few bad apples ....." Why would ya lose respect for "Gens fans" and not those u have issue with?

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa

You'll notice the Erie board is on part 4, while the Gens is still on its first thread. We have a few active guys to get a discussion going, but this thread is always active.

You're welcome over in the Oshawa board. None of us bite, aside from maybe Darmitage

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Then don't generalize and only apply it too the bad apples.

Some Erie fan was getting so mad for me heckling McDavid tonight, yelling McDaigle, and yelling that he should ask for a trade out of Edmonton. All in good fun, as I was scared ****less whenever he had the puck. She threatened me for this (So I cheered louder of course). Should I be applying this to every single Otters fan?

Exactly

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
You cant win every year, correct, but when you have the single best talent the O has seen in a generation plus, you got a shot. They were easily a top two team in the West.
London fans spoiled? Probly , but to suggest Erie overacheived to make yourself feel better about being down 2-0........

They beat Soo because they were the better team in that series. As YOU were quick to point out in a few posts, not because they overacheived. But that's changed now lol?
They were fortunate, I'll agree, with injuries to key players on Sarnia, London n Soo ( please don't compare any Erie injuries/earned suspensions to Churchryn?, Marner,DAngelo) Again they didn't overacheive, but if it makes ya feel better to think so....

Yes you should be happy, it's been a good run for Otter fans recently.

You post on other boards questioning others POV, challenging, offering your insight on things others post. Why would you not expect the same here? You've done it on London's board and Soos.

A lil thin skinned seemingly.

Not trying to make myself feel better. You always insinuate my opinions as something else. I'm just stating it now regardless of series. If Erie wins cool. If they don't I'm still super proud of where they came. My post was based on me saying that at this point just let the boys play and see what happens

Is Deangelo and Marner better players?? Yes. But a) London had no chance with Marner. Maybe would have won 1 games. And b) Macdermid and Pettit are very important to what we do. Marchment not as much but with Pettit out he would be preferred over others like Bily. Macdermid our most physical presence and overager. He is a vet and leader that plays 20-25 minutes a game and on key special team situations. Pettit, one of the most underrated and best faceoff players in coaches polls, well he adds a better defense to our back 6 and is/was our best PK performer all year. Also adds a bit of offense and leadership by experience. So yes they aren't as talented but key to our team. They do a lot of the little things which in this series helps. Sorry too you they might not be valuable but to Erie fans Macdermid is our 3-4 defensemen and most physical player. Pettit is our best PK player and actually 2nd line PP. also best faceoff player and leader of the back 2 lines.

Last edited:

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Why would I be jealous Ottergolf?
It's something I've said since his first visit to London as an underager. His talen n drive was immediately obvious. It might even have been an exxy. I knew within twobshidts he was a generational talent.
It's a compliment. Would McDavid the " Next One" cause you less angst?

I agree with you 100% on this. I would think that Erie fans would take that as a compliment that other fans are calling him that - it's not like they are mocking him calling him that (like if you called Connor Burgess BurJesus for example). McDavid IS like the god of hockey right now - I don't see how that is making fun of him at all.

And yeah, other teams are probably jealous that Erie has McDavid. ottergolfer, no one's arguing with you that they wouldn't kill to have him on our team. I certainly am jealous of Erie that Windsor doesn't have him. However, I don't see how you thinking people making fun of him has anything to do with this. Adding a positive compliment to his name is another fan complimenting a player on your team.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Not trying to make myself feel better. You always insinuate my opinions as something else. I'm just stating it now regardless of series. If Erie wins cool. If they don't I'm still super proud of where they came. My post was based on me saying that at this point just let the boys play and see what happens

I take your posts for what they are, and what you write.
First,they're the better team in first three rds. ( When they win and you posted it on other team boards) now you say they 've overacheived ( when down)?
Like I said, whatever suits your needs or makes ya feel better.

You should be happy to be an Otter fan. Win or lose. Lots of good things happening lately. It's just your posts that get me going ;)

It's alll good, best of luck games 3/4 and enjoy the atmosphere.

Last edited:

gensrock

Sep 21, 2008
better game tonight from Erie but if the gens continue to smother Mcdavid & his line it's gonna be tough going.

so far Mcdavid has been held in check, IMO he needs to be better on the backcheck & defensive zone coverage but maybe that how Erie rolls with him.
Erie's 2 line is nowhere to be found right now & williams is somewhat on his own.
Erie's defence is big but it looks like they are trying to "overpower" the gens forwards in the corners; which is fine but i can say that each & every forward does not give up & they compete to the end of the game.

The great thing about Jr hockey is that there are so many highs & lows & it changes quickly!

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Is Deangelo and Marner better players?? Yes. But a) London had no chance with Marner. Maybe would have won 1 games. And b) Macdermid and Pettit are very important to what we do. Marchment not as much but with Pettit out he would be preferred over others like Bily. Macdermid our most physical presence and overager. He is a vet and leader that plays 20-25 minutes a game and on key special team situations. Pettit, one of the most underrated and best faceoff players in coaches polls, well he adds a better defense to our back 6 and is/was our best PK performer all year. Also adds a bit of offense and leadership by experience. So yes they aren't as talented but key to our team. They do a lot of the little things which in this series helps. Sorry too you they might not be valuable but to Erie fans Macdermid is our 3-4 defensemen and most physical player. Pettit is our best PK player and actually 2nd line PP. also best faceoff player and leader of the back 2 lines.

Let's make it easy for u to compare.

Take away your best player (97)because one of our bottom 6Fs take a cheap shot and........ Series on IMO, but we'll never know. McD owned the series and without him neither u or I know what woulda been. But I like our chances. Domi also missed a game do to a suspendable hit. So minus McD and injure your 2nd best F for a game n half and who knows if lingering effects, we'll subtract Ryshma n jamieson, who knows..... Well Im sure you do.

Ya play with who ya got. My point is Erie was fortunate with all 3 opponents missing their best/most important players ( or as in Dangelo, playing injured) And thinking otherwise is naive.

To suggest Erie wasn't better off vs London with their guys suspended n knights out injured or missing game n playing hurt is just dumb.
The made their bed, and the drop off wasn't huge when players moved up one spot each to replace them.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Long time Gens fan here. I'll concede the arena wasn't that loud tonight. As a hardcore fan though, I was completely on edge for 50 minutes or so. That game didn't become a blowout until the last couple minutes....and if Appleby didn't make some big, crucial saves, the series could very possibly be 1-1. That said I thought the Gens were full value for the two wins (I was at both games). I thought Erie looked better tonight than last night, even though McDavid was less effective, but Oshawa was still imposing their game on Erie.

Anyway, as for the point of why I am posting in this thread, the crowd noise. I think a contributing factor (though I won't argue the GMC is particularly loud anyway) is that there are a lot of gawkers in the crowd. Lots of people just there to see McDavid, or even just there because they know it "a thing". I overheard people in the crowd saying "I don't know who to cheer for".

The ACC isn't quiet only because of the "suits". It's quiet because hockey fans in Toronto and the GTA are fairly reserved, leaning more towards being critics than fanatics.

I have followed the Gens on the road every series so far (gm4 in PBO, 3 in NIA and 6 in NB), but don't think I'll be able to make it Erie. The dates just don't work...hopefully next season.

Oh, and the travelling Erie fans were definitely in full voice. They were loud even from the other end of the rink...only problem is you guys didn't have a colour. The NB fans were all green....I was hoping you guys would be all yellow. :(

Hope the Otters wear those yellow alts in Erie. They look great.

Radar9

Hounds/London !
Aug 11, 2012
Hounds / London
BSabres, this is a contradiction, but every Oshawa goal was nowhere near a highlight reel status, but guess what in the end does not matter, cause they all count and the GEN' S got Four of them.
You will see a different ERIE team tonight. You will see the ERIE team that dismantled SSM. 6 days off for ERIE before Game # 1 is not good, Erie is a team that needs to be playing all the time. Oshawa played "Their perfect Game last night" and in doing so if that is the best the GENS can do, I have no worries about the OTTERS, cause you will see Erie's best starting tonight.

Also BSabres, Like I said love the GEN' S home rink not a bad seat in the house, but why did they not show that sick set up by McDavid on ERIE' S Only goal on that Joke Scoreboard, they showed every Gen's goal. Sorry to say you are going to be seeing more of that Sick play by #97 he is just warming up. Also some SCALPER offered us $75.00 each for out tickets and them he was going to sell them for $150.00 a piece. Did not see a lot of scalper's, everyone was looking for tickets, but those who will selling were asking for $250.00 or $300.00 a pair. Lastly I will say "Let's Go Otters"
" You will see a different ERIE team" ? yup we did they let in 5 not 4 :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad