GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
He was very poor today overall I thought, but just the routine stuff. I think he got the big calls right. The DOGSO red was debatable, but not a clear mistake given that Bruno probably was getting to the ball first instead of the other defender.

The end of the second half was dumb though. 11 minutes of stoppage time was crazy even by the new standards of this season. The time wasting yellow to Onana despite a second ball being on the field was stupid and a number of other fouls for both teams that were iffy at best.

Yea I don’t think there was any major blown call or anybting Forest could complain about. They got away with multiple cynical fouls in the 1st half stopping counters. The 11 mins was a joke and a gift for forest.

This is gonna be the new norm though. There’s blood in the water after they apologized for the Onana non penalty

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My personal favorite was the two Forest players clattering themselves that was somehow a foul on Rashford.
The double yellow to Bruno and whatever player he was beefing with seemed pretty dumb since it was over in 2 seconds.

I also loved first half stoppage time. Handed out a time wasting yellow in stoppage time to Forest. Then a min later the ball went out with at 47:45 and didn’t get thrown back in until 48:10 but he blew it immediately when it reentered play.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
The double yellow to Bruno and whatever player he was beefing with seemed pretty dumb since it was over in 2 seconds.

I also loved first half stoppage time. Handed out a time wasting yellow in stoppage time to Forest. Then a min later the ball went out with at 47:45 and didn’t get thrown back in until 48:10 but he blew it immediately when it reentered play.

If there's one prominent player who isn't going to get leeway with yellows and complaining, it's Bruno Fernandes. He's a nut. I can't even imagine how unpleasant it must be in real time. All of us only watch it on TV.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If there's one prominent player who isn't going to get leeway with yellows and complaining, it's Bruno Fernandes. He's a nut. I can't even imagine how unpleasant it must be in real time. All of us only watch it on TV.
Again did Bruno sleep with your ex or something? I have no idea what personal vendetta you have against him but it’s already old.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Again did Bruno sleep with your ex or something? I have no idea what personal vendetta you have against him but it’s already old.

I'll be honest. There's two reasons:

- I like throwing a shots at ManU/Chelsea (two clubs that I feel are toxic as hell, more than others in PL)
- Stating that Portugal got screwed by the ref in the WCQF against Morocco (I'm a Morocco diehard).

You really shouldn't be that bothered by it. I have no club allegiance. If ManU gets a prominent Moroccan on the squad, I'll cheer for their (his) success.

With that said, I do find him extra bitchy and immature.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Because of the Greenwood thing, even a Morocco national wouldn't really change my stance. That's one thing I'm not goofing off about. That's just personal morals and dignity at play.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'll be honest. There's two reasons:

- I like throwing a shots at ManU/Chelsea (two clubs that I feel are toxic as hell, more than others in PL)
- Stating that Portugal got screwed by the ref in the WCQF against Morocco (I'm a Morocco diehard).

You really shouldn't be that bothered by it. I have no club allegiance. If ManU gets a prominent Moroccan on the squad, I'll cheer for their (his) success.

With that said, I do find him extra bitchy and immature.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. Because of the Greenwood thing, even a Morocco national wouldn't really change my stance. That's one thing I'm not goofing off about. That's just personal morals and dignity at play.
Yeah the Greenwood thing is rough obviously. Right decision in the end but absolutely the wrong way to go about it. Neither of these things have to do with Bruno and he’s not doing anything that every single other player in the world is doing.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Stuart Atwell is probably the worst referee of all time, he was a project the league worked on and they can't seem to accept he's failed miserably and keep forcing him into Premier League games which is so far beyond his ability it's ridiculous

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
interesting first touch there for ollie but he makes it work for the assist.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Matty Cash didn't score for like an entire year, has 2 goals today already.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think that is a penalty but I've also seem them not called, so who knows.

Haaland hit the post!

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Haaland finally scores. Great cross by Grealish, can't let Haaland just take those.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Yeah the Greenwood thing is rough obviously. Right decision in the end but absolutely the wrong way to go about it. Neither of these things have to do with Bruno and he’s not doing anything that every single other player in the world is doing.

I think Bruno Fernandes is worse than most and that his talent makes him more of a target. It's just banter and I seriously don't get getting mad about it. It's soccer, dude.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think Bruno Fernandes is worse than most and that his talent makes him more of a target. It's just banter and I seriously don't get getting mad about it. It's soccer, dude.
So basically because Bruno is good, you take every opportunity to point out anything he does that you don’t agree with despite it being the same as every single other player in the world? Got it.

I get it. It’s soccer. So why are you taking every opportunity you can to add negativity into it?

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad