GWT: EPL - Matchweek 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Vieria did more in that 40 minutes of action than Havertz did the last three matches. Every 50/50 ball, Kai loses. Then he gets "daddy little princess" treatment from Arteta to justify the costs for him. It is a lose-lose situation because we wasted FFP for him and he's a waste of a player on the pitch as well.

Very fun game to watch but like I wrote on here in game 1, Arsenal has a big time level of naivety in the mental game. They completely relaxed at that red card and allowed Fulham back in when they should've been dead. Man City is able to finish games like this off, while we're still struggling. Good learning lesson though for the club.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
7x1xn9.jpg

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I've said it here before, but that's why Spurs are my club. When I decided to get into the game, I watched a full season of the PL and this was when they played like this. I'm not a lifelong fan, but I can imagine how the supporters who have lived this 50, 60 years are feeling.

Spurs have traditionally always been like this, at least since the 1980's which I remember. Playing entertaining football and matches being enjoyable, because they don't really care about winning any league titles.

Ardiles, Hoddle, Gazza, Ginola, Lineker, you name it...goals and nice football. I doubt any of their current supporter base has expectations of winning anything major any more,

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Spurs have traditionally always been like this, at least since the 1980's which I remember. Playing entertaining football and matches being enjoyable, because they don't really care about winning any league titles.

Ardiles, Hoddle, Gazza, Ginola, Lineker, you name it...goals and nice football. I doubt any of their current supporter base has expectations of winning anything major any more,

They were in a CL final 4 years ago and are rich as f***. There should be an expectation to win.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

As a life-long fan of Philadelphia sports teams, this comes naturally to me. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
They were in a CL final 4 years ago and are rich as f***. There should be an expectation to win.

But it seems there never is, they always sell their best player (Gazza, Lineker, Bale, Kane etc) and seem happy with being also runs.

Maybe that changes if some ambitious billionaire buys them...

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I'm a Montrealer/Morocco fan since 2002 so all I've got is a few deep Habs run with no wins (and losing the Expos) and a WC semi. You're a lucky man.
Sports are the only form of entertainment that are designed to cause the greatest amount of pain to greatest number of people possible.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
LOL. Gonna be a full season of this crying.

He was very poor today overall I thought, but just the routine stuff. I think he got the big calls right. The DOGSO red was debatable, but not a clear mistake given that Bruno probably was getting to the ball first instead of the other defender.

The end of the second half was dumb though. 11 minutes of stoppage time was crazy even by the new standards of this season. The time wasting yellow to Onana despite a second ball being on the field was stupid and a number of other fouls for both teams that were iffy at best.

Reactions: Gecklund

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He was very poor today overall I thought, but just the routine stuff. I think he got the big calls right. The DOGSO red was debatable, but not a clear mistake given that Bruno probably was getting to the ball first instead of the other defender.

The end of the second half was dumb though. 11 minutes of stoppage time was crazy even by the new standards of this season. The time wasting yellow to Onana despite a second ball being on the field was stupid and a number of other fouls for both teams that were iffy at best.
My personal favorite was the two Forest players clattering themselves that was somehow a foul on Rashford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad