GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Funny seeing the first half reaction to Anthony Taylor on social media bc everyone’s aware of how things go when he officiates our games

considering this is probably the best and most neutral he’s ever officiated one of our games

Reactions: Blender

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
By far the best player... LMAO
I mean who stood out? Enzo was good in possession, moved the ball well. He did have a poor touch and one loose pass but no one had a better half than him along with cucu

Funny seeing the first half reaction to Anthony Taylor on social media bc everyone’s aware of how things go when he officiates our games

considering this is probably the best and most neutral he’s ever officiated one of our games
All the decisions have been pretty clear though

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
He came to my mind first but Matic wasn’t quick.

We also had strong defensive FBs with Ivanovic & Azpi and Oscar/Willian who were strong defensively in front of Fabregas.

Drop Enzo deeper with Mudryk on the wing and that left side with Cucurella is getting stormed through.

Maybe with Neto and Colwill at LB/LCB or something may allow it.
Expanding on this - it’s been noticeable that Cucurella’s two bad moments (unsurprisingly) came when he was isolated and he went for a stupid lunge in and Savinho beat him. Every time Lavia has been there, which has been a majority of the time, Cucurella’s looked really good.

Just can’t go away from that unless you’re pushing late on for an equalizer

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean who stood out? Enzo was good in possession, moved the ball well. He did have a poor touch and one loose pass but no one had a better half than him along with cucu
People bash Gallagher endlessly for lacking technical ability, and if all Enzo has to do to be considered the best is to make simple passes and some runs, Gallagher fills that role 100x better.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
People bash Gallagher endlessly for lacking technical ability, and if all Enzo has to do to be considered the best is to make simple passes and some runs, Gallagher fills that role 100x better.
Asks question after getting laughed proceeds to talk about a player in Madrid. Good talk. I hoped Enzo would’ve been sold and Gallagher named captain but they decided the home grown player wasn’t good enough…

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Asks question after getting laughed proceeds to talk about a player in Madrid. Good talk.
I'm saying that the expectation for Enzo is not to be thrift store Gallagher, which is all that he's been today.

Cucrella, Nkunku, Palmer, Gusto, Lavia, and Jackson have all been better than Enzo today despite some issues with many.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'm saying that the expectation for Enzo is not to be thrift store Gallagher, which is all that he's been today.

Cucrella, Nkunku, Palmer, Gusto, Lavia, and Jackson have all been better than Enzo today despite some issues with many.
Jackson Jesus lol. Ok

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Jackson Jesus lol. Ok
Jackson makes good runs, generates chances, and usually links up well with Nkunku and Palmer. He drifts offside and makes some odd decisions, which is normal for him. If he didn't do either of those things he'd be great.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Agreed he missed the ball into Haaland that lead to the first goal.
Not everything is about defense. Enzo killed many attacks with suspect first touch.
The defense has been pretty decent though Colwill defended badly on the goal and Cucu has struggled.
Fofana and Gusto have been very good.
In midfield, Caicedo and Lavia have easily been better than Enzo.
Up front Palmer has had one chance that resulted in an offside goal and Nkunku has been stellar in his pressing and movement.
So yes. Enzo second to last field player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad