GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Fantastic ball by Enzo.

Better defending by Rico Lewis. Lot of defenders fall asleep on that

Reactions: Blender

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I don’t think that’s even a yellow but if you’re calling it as a studs up dangerous thing to the shins, is that not a red? @hatterson

Weird call. Just shoulda been a foul

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I don’t think that’s even a yellow but if you’re calling it as a studs up dangerous thing to the shins, is that not a red? @hatterson

Ya. Yellow is harsh, but my old school brain is telling me if it's a card given, shouldn't it be red?

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
I also dont understand how Chelsea affords all these players when Newcastle seems to be struggling with PSR and it seems like they dont bring in anyone or spend like Chelsea.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

If that had been Halland coming in with studs up with force maybe, but there's a big difference between barely glancing a player with studs while you're kicking at a ball in the box and falling backwards and coming in with a straight leg and weight behind it.

My guess is he actually got the yellow for dissent as opposed to the foul itself.

Reactions: Peen and al secord

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I also dont understand how Chelsea affords all these players when Newcastle seems to be struggling with PSR and it seems like they dont bring in anyone or spend like Chelsea.
Selling all the homegrown players and buying players and then giving them 8 year contracts so that the cost gets spread out during that time.

Reactions: Sad People

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Chelsea has much higher revenue and has a lot of sales.

The sales specifically are what allow crazy spending since a 25 million sale of an amortized player can completely offset the first year purchase of a 125 million player as far as FFP/PSR are concerned. The issue really comes in years 2-5 as you have to keep selling to offset that and it's why guys like Gallagher are on the selling block because they can bring in a large offset.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Selling tons of players and the loan army bringing a lot of revenue in.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Sweet thanks for the insight. Ive tried understanding the PSR and FFP and i still cant wrap my head around it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Uhh, that certainly seemed like he was making his body bigger by having the arm away from the body there.

Sure it was hit from close range, but he had his arm way out.

It's a penalty without even a single thought in every other major league and in continental competition.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Uhh, that certainly seemed like he was making his body bigger by having the arm away from the body there.

Sure it was hit from close range, but he had his arm way out.

It's a penalty without even a single thought in every other major league and in continental competition.
They added these considerations again:

- Justifiable position/action
- Supportive arm when player falls
- Player kicks or head the ball onto their own arm
- Clear change of trajectory when touched by, or deflected from, the same player
- Played by a teammate
- Proximity

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
They added these considerations again:

- Justifiable position/action
- Supportive arm when player falls
- Player kicks or head the ball onto their own arm
- Clear change of trajectory when touched by, or deflected from, the same player
- Played by a teammate
- Proximity
It's the proximity here

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad