GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Enzo is at his best from deep when he can utilize his great passing range. The issue is you need to staple someone beside him to defend and cover because he can't do that. The midfield never worked with him and Gallagher and/or Caicedo as both roam a lot and it would badly expose Enzo.
And you can drop Caicedo either, so they created a midfield that just doesn't work.

Caicedo doesn't deserve to be dropped though.

Reactions: Blender

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Nkunku's pressing has been huge.
My internal prediction was that Maresca would use Nkunku out wide to start the season because of how versatile he is and who the backup left wingers are

I don’t think Jackson’s been bad this game. Just seems like the average Jackson game and he scored a lot playing at this level last year.

Still looking firmly at #8. He has to be the creative engine. Think everyone else has been fine.

Reactions: Blender

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Can't say I thought Jackson has been average.
He's made two good plays and otherwise just crappy stuff. Sometimes shocking.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
And you can drop Caicedo either, so they created a midfield that just doesn't work.

Caicedo doesn't deserve to be dropped though.
Caicedo and Gallagher worked so well together despite both roaming a lot because they would just cover for each other all game going forward and defending. So you'd always have at least one of them in good positions with the other supporting them.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Decent half from city. Despite that awful defending. The real issue for them is that they 200 players and can’t come up with a decent striker.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Maybe if he had a Matic type.
He came to my mind first but Matic wasn’t quick.

We also had strong defensive FBs with Ivanovic & Azpi and Oscar/Willian who were strong defensively in front of Fabregas.

Drop Enzo deeper with Mudryk on the wing and that left side with Cucurella is getting stormed through.

Maybe with Neto and Colwill at LB/LCB or something may allow it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad