GWT: EPL - Matchweek 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
City has no business being in front. They've defended well though.
Kovacic was allowed to walk here. Colwill has to close him up.

Two mistakes by Colwill.

Reactions: gary69

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
. Colwill has to close him up.

Two mistakes by Colwill.
I don’t fault colwill much for the first one given the deflection but the second one is just who Colwill is. In that type of position, he always backs off too much. Every time

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Should crap like this not really matter with FFP and all that? I guess if i understood it more it would make sense.
Revenue obviously matters to sustainability (which is the ostensible goal of FFP and in the name of PSR) and Chelsea makes something like 200m more a season that.

The sales thing is basically just accounting shenanigans. The rule makers understand that you could never buy big players if you couldn't spread the purchase out over several years. In concept it's the same as getting a mortgage. No middle class person can drop 250k cash on a house, but many can afford 2500 a month over a long time to make it happen so it's not unsustainable for them to buy a 250k house.

Football teams are similarly allowed to spread a purchase over multiple years (max 5). So they can buy a 125 million player if they can afford 25 million a year for 5 years. Sales however can be booked immediately. So if I buy a 125 million play and sell a 25 million player, for year 1 that's equal. Obviously that just kicks the can down the road to year 2 where you now have to come up with another 25 million, but that's basically what Chelsea is doing.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Caicedo back to a poor game. He really turned things around last season and was great over the last 4 months or so. I really hope being in a new system with a new manager doesn't tank his performance again.

Reactions: luiginb

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Caicedo back to a poor game. He really turned things around last season and was great over the last 4 months or so. I really hope being in a new system with a new manager doesn't tank his performance again.
I thought him and Lavia were fantastic the first 65 minutes and then as soon as Lavia went out, the team’s performance dipped.

Lavia was the best MFer today.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Revenue obviously matters to sustainability (which is the ostensible goal of FFP and in the name of PSR) and Chelsea makes something like 200m more a season that.

The sales thing is basically just accounting shenanigans. The rule makers understand that you could never buy big players if you couldn't spread the purchase out over several years. In concept it's the same as getting a mortgage. No middle class person can drop 250k cash on a house, but many can afford 2500 a month over a long time to make it happen so it's not unsustainable for them to buy a 250k house.

Football teams are similarly allowed to spread a purchase over multiple years (max 5). So they can buy a 125 million player if they can afford 25 million a year for 5 years. Sales however can be booked immediately. So if I buy a 125 million play and sell a 25 million player, for year 1 that's equal. Obviously that just kicks the can down the road to year 2 where you now have to come up with another 25 million, but that's basically what Chelsea is doing.
Sweet thank you for help. Ive read a few different articles on the athletic talking about and the recent changes the EPL made but obviously still dont understand.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My prediction in the future is a bunch of games against relegation sides where we have 75% possession, generate little of value, and lose 1-0 to a counter.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Didn’t need the stats to back that up. Should have been 1-1 today.

Also, Maresca has to drop Sanchez. We don’t need to do the song and dance with him. He is not good.
Sanchez wasn't good today, but also he wasn't obviously the worst keeper on the pitch. City better hope that Ederson's play today was just rust and not him having a down season because he looked awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad