Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I think it'd be more likely to see RNH in the AHL than those guys up here for that situation to happen with ole Kenny Tambellini in charge
LOL agree

Nuge could learn about hustle from those two. Might benefit mister hiss hiss

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
What reputation? This organization is already the laughing stock of the league
I think not being able to ice a competitive team with McDavid makes them a laughingstock.

You both seem to think this is rock bottom.

It is not. Trying and failing isn’t the same as giving up.

You trade McDavid, good luck ever signing a good free agent or signing an RFA to anything but a ludicrous deal.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2007
Even Baghdad Bob is calling them out labeling it a "Stink Show" and even called out The Golden Boy baby Nuge, now calling out Holland for lack of inactivity. You know it's bad when....
Thought I'd never see the day that anyone in Edmonton's media would say anything negative about current management

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
@Snowpants
Just to continue since the other thread is locked :) I personally wouldn't be opposed to trading that pick, but I would much rather those picked be used to solve our other numerous problems through the lineup. Some things I think Holland should do this summer is try to move Neal since his value will never be higher. Trade Russell after July 1 when he is a 1.5 salary player with 4M cap hit. With those moves you could actually fit a guy like Hall on the roster. Move some picks/prospects if needed to do it. To me that is a far better use of those assets than throwing them away on this current lost cause of a team that is >50% trash, and now doesn't even have goaltending. Can toss those 1sts this summer to try to fill out the roster further too, on cost controlled players, now that you've freed some space up too.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Oilers fan logic goes like this:

“Oilers are bad, we must give away the good players because they aren’t leaders”

*trades away good players and keeps bad players*

*Oilers get some high picks but they can’t save the already shit roster*

“Oilers are bad, we must give away the good players because they aren’t leaders”

Rinse and repeat

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Is he saying anything about how Drai has been crap of late? Surprising that he's calling out Holland TBH.

Not calling out Holland out directly but he said he's very surprised that no transactions have been made not even a callup despite the slide over the last month. You can sense his frustration. Credit to him for calling it what it is as he put it "A Stink Show".

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
I may get roasted but this is Holland's team and its ****. C mon kenny get out of the 90's and get something done. Man this is embarrassing what a **** show . I also hate hate loosing
Its peters team with a Holland bandaid that has been ripped off.

Reactions: MessierII

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You both seem to think this is rock bottom.

It is not. Trying and failing isn’t the same as giving up.

You trade McDavid, good luck ever signing a good free agent or signing an RFA to anything but a ludicrous deal.
There’s never rock bottom. We always find a way to dig deeper. Start selling assets, this team isn’t going anywhere.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not calling out Holland out directly but he said he's very surprised that no transactions have been made not even a callup despite the slide over the last month. You can sense his frustration. Credit to him for calling it what it is as he put it "A Stink Show".

Something has to happen, we can't just keep waiting and expect to make the playoffs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What do you want him to do, add 20 million to the cap?
I'd like him to throw the guys on the team a bone. Send down one of our many 4th liners and call someone up. Make a middling trade. I don't even want something big but at least a shakeup of some point to show your coach that you are trying

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
This team has the best player in the world and another guy who is a supreme talent. They should be able to be a playoff team after a year of the GM is good. Holland had 3 jobs this off season. To add legit secondary scoring what was done with Neal for a few weeks. (but he makes up for that by being awful 5 on 5).

To improve goaltending, which was a big fat failure and to really improve the bottom six which has been a huge failure.

The new coach by all appearance is the same as the last couple of system coaches we have had.

The Calvary is not coming either, our prospect pool is poor overall.
He didn’t add enough secondary scoring Neal for lucic was a good move but we needed more.
Wasn’t a lot he could do with goaltending after last years signing of koski there wasn’t much out there in the offseason for goaltenders
And I really don’t think any coach could get much out of this roster
I’m not defending Holland but there really wasn’t much he could do this offseason with what he had. That being said it’s now the half season mark and Holland needs do something to try stopping this bleeding he needs to make a move and how about try bringing up some players from the ahl. If he continues to sit on his hands and not send a message to Mcdrai that he is going to do what he can to correct this then I don’t blame them for wanting out

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I'd like him to throw the guys on the team a bone. Send down one of our many 4th liners and call someone up. Make a middling trade. I don't even want something big but at least a shakeup of some point to show your coach that you are trying
You have to admit the goalie lost this game very quickly, bad night.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2007
At least we'll get to watch some actual hockey tomorrow with what should be 4 decent games at the World Juniors. Should be infinitely more exciting than the complete shitshow that was tonight's hockey game

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Why was patience expected from Holland? The one thing we didnt have was time with McDavid entering his statistical prime. Holland has been in the league for decades. He should have known exactly who to trade for or who to sign. Instead he grabbed duds like Granlund and stood pat. We had picks and prospects to make moves

Holland is a dud and will continue to be one. All to look forward to is his inevitable firing in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad