Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Huh? I've watched every single game this year. He's been what you could expect from an 18-year old playing in the best league in Europe. Up and down, but definitely not bad. In fact, he's been playing very solid in December.
There's not enough negativity about the current team, so posters like to make things up about prospects to be mad about despite not watching them at all. Ignore him.

Reactions: nabob

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
We're past the point of line combinations, call-ups and trade proposals. It might not be the water, but something is rancid. I honestly believe you can draft, sign, trade whoever you want and the vacuum of terrible will suck them up all the same.

So true. This market sucks the life out of everybody eventually.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The time for patience was at the 2015 draft when Chia went full renegade cowboy and traded every asset to build around a rookie Mcdavid. Now Holland has to clean up this mess and patience for this season is the correct approach. Draisaitl has been a defensive dumpster fire the past month and is causing the 1st line to bleed goals against plus our goalies have forgot how to make a save. Outside of making any panic trades we should call up a couple players from Bakersfield, send a few players to the AHL and put Draisaitl with 2 defence first forwards while lowering his ice time.

Send down P.Russel, Jones and Gagner. Activate Benning. Call up Benson and Yamamoto.

Neal-Mcdavid-Kassian
Benson-RNH-Yamamoto
Granlund-Draisaitl-Archibald
Nygard-Sheahan-Haas

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Benning
Russel-Bear

Still garbage but with a slightly different look.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Here's what happened guys, we learned how to trust and look what it got us. Let's remember that as Oilers fans the best way to deal with our emotions are to put them in a fragile little box deep deep down and never speak of them again.

I'm totally fine :sarcasm:
Put your real feelings in box at the bottom of Marianna trench. Right beside the oilers execution and passion boxes.

Reactions: Quality Oil

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
follow that up with Tippett saying the team didn’t look like it gave a **** (paraphrasing) right from morning skate. Brutal.
KXeKBlm.jpg

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Remember when we said it was rock bottom after Pronger and Smythgate 10 years ago? Can't get worse than that, right? They've achieved about 5-6 rock bottoms since then and it appears that there are more rock bottoms to come. Does it get much worse than three straight bottom 10 finishes with the best player on the planet? The next rock bottom after that would be....well you know where I'm going with this. It rhymes with grade remand.

maxresdefault.jpg

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I'm slowly adopting the islanders as a second team to hopefully one day fill some of the emptiness in my heart over this fourth quadrennium of futility.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Lol what a loser. Might as well go to the next horse on the coaching carousel.

Why is Tippett a loser? He's a victim of circumstance just like other good coaches like Mclellan and Hitchcock were. The loser is Chiarelli for leaving this giant mess and Nicholson for allowing him free reign to make a bad situation worse.
In the end, we all lose.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How have Benson and Yam been this far in the AHL?
Yamamoto has been mediocre, keeps getting hurt. Had a really good first couple games and then incredibly quiet since then.

Benson is pushing and trying to do well but everyone around him is shutting the bed. Only issue with Benson is he is a pass first guy which I don't know if that helps when we have no one that knows where the back of the net is

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Three bright spots

1, team loss
2, neither Lucic or Rieder got a point
3, Talbot did not get the win

By Sunday night we will be out of even a wildcard spot. So I might get to see some Oilers at the world championship is Swutzerland in msy

Reactions: oobga

McJeety McJeet

Nov 5, 2011
Edmonton
Not calling out Holland out directly but he said he's very surprised that no transactions have been made not even a callup despite the slide over the last month. You can sense his frustration. Credit to him for calling it what it is as he put it "A Stink Show".

The Oilers have tried shuffling the deck chairs before and it got them into a worse position each time. f*** it. If Holland's plan to get the farm team players ready no matter what and no around-the-edges trades, where they lose picks for nothing, so be it.

Walk into the room and tell them they have to figure it out. If their backs are against the wall and they show nothing it's not on the guy behind the bench or 200' feet above them fault. I watched 11 seconds of the game and I believe no coach or GM is going to win with what they brought.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Three bright spots

1, team loss
2, neither Lucic or Rieder got a point
3, Talbot did not get the win

By Sunday night we will be out of even a wildcard spot. So I might get to see some Oilers at the world championship is Swutzerland in msy

Ah yes, that magical time of year where the few oilers that go are surrounded by actual NHL players look amazing, only for them to come play with a bunch of AHL tweeners during the NHL season and suddenly turn to hot garbage.

Reactions: Yeah15

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why is Tippett a loser? He's a victim of circumstance just like other good coaches like Mclellan and Hitchcock were. The loser is Chiarelli for leaving this giant mess and Nicholson for allowing him free reign to make a bad situation worse.
In the end, we all lose.
If you can’t motivate your team you’re probably a loser. Of course he’s not the only one. This is an organization made up of losers from the very top. They were never serious about winning and I don’t think they ever will be. Go ahead and hire another dinosaur coach.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If you can’t motivate your team you’re probably a loser. Of course he’s not the only one. This is an organization made up of losers from the very top. They were never serious about winning and I don’t think they ever will be. Go ahead and hire another dinosaur coach.
I'm sorry but for the last 12 years outside of one season no coach has been able to "motivate" the Oilers.

If the f***ing players need their god damn coach to motivate them to play a divisional game against their biggest rival when they have been on a losing skid then those players are f***ing hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad