Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think we see some waivers and then some callups from Bako.

Fresh year... fresh faces.

Benson, Marody, Gambardella, Currie, Yamamoto

Bouchard, Lagesson, Persson, Samorukov

I'd like to see
(at least) 2 from each group called up.

Manning/Jones/Khaira/PRussell adios... and possibly Granlund as well... for starters.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
We're past the point of line combinations, call-ups and trade proposals. It might not be the water, but something is rancid. I honestly believe you can draft, sign, trade whoever you want and the vacuum of terrible will suck them up all the same.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Here's what happened guys, we learned how to trust and look what it got us. Let's remember that as Oilers fans the best way to deal with our emotions are to put them in a fragile little box deep deep down and never speak of them again.

I'm totally fine :sarcasm:

Reactions: FanofBadHockeyTeam

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Okay, so at exactly the halfway point the club is 20-17-4 (which is really like 1 game under .500).

One year ago, at exactly the halfway point the club was 19-19-3 (which is really 3 games under .500).

So, they have one more win that a year ago, a season so bad the GM and head coach were both fired... in mid-season.

This could get ugly. The New Year's eve game (which they never...ever...ever win) is coming up, followed by a five-game road trip.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There’s never rock bottom. We always find a way to dig deeper. Start selling assets, this team isn’t going anywhere.

Remember when we said it was rock bottom after Pronger and Smythgate 10 years ago? Can't get worse than that, right? They've achieved about 5-6 rock bottoms since then and it appears that there are more rock bottoms to come. Does it get much worse than three straight bottom 10 finishes with the best player on the planet? The next rock bottom after that would be....well you know where I'm going with this. It rhymes with grade remand.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
93- I think he's still recovering from his hand injury /surgery
29- way overplayed, nothing left to give, you just don't forget how to play, although always been weak on the backcheck
97- best in the world but can't do it alone- weak backchecker
18- one dimensional power play ,player
Chaisson- inaccurate shooter like I've never seen
Bear and Jones are rookies, playing more than they should
Nurse- not sound defensively
Smith- F****** disaster
Kostco- Is fine for the most part
Sheehan,Archibald do well on the fourth line only
Kassian- doing fine
Rest of the forwards are ineffective and belong in the AHL.
Chiarelli left a set of rusty tools, they'll work for a while but then they'll be stripped. He left a f***in mess here.

Reactions: Fuhrious

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Remember when we said it was rock bottom after Pronger and Smythgate 10 years ago? Can't get worse than that, right? They've achieved about 5-6 rock bottoms since then and it appears that there are more rock bottoms to come. Does it get much worse than three straight bottom 10 finishes with the best player on the planet? The next rock bottom after that would be....well you know where I'm going with this. It rhymes with grade remand.
At this point I don't even care about McDavid or Draisaitl. Holland needs to do what he needs to do to make a f***ing playoff team. I don't care who he has to trade or what he has to do. He needs to make this team not f***ing garbage.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
What do you want him to do, add 20 million to the cap?

Send Russell to the moon for the 4 mil in cap space

Dont sign dud bottom 6ers and save the collective 8 mil in wasted space

Trade Nurse at his peak value prior to having to hand him 7m

Try to be creative in offloading Lucic in a trade comboing picks, prospects. There is dumb GMs who still value Lucic

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
One playoff year with the best player on the planet and the other years weren’t even close. And this year is trending in that direction. The division is complete garbage and we still can’t take advantage.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Something has to happen, we can't just keep waiting and expect to make the playoffs.

There's no saving this sinking ship Bryan. Stauffer seems to think Yamamoto is some kind of answer, I don't think it moves the needle.

There's something bigger at play here, culturally. They need better players (lord knows they need better players) but man, these guys rarely bring the necessary compete, rarely care to pay the price to make plays. Something about this market brings the least out of player, constantly. When was the last time an Oiler team consistently outworked opponents? Wash Rinse Repeat this same rant from the last 12-13 years.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There's no saving this sinking ship Bryan. Stauffer seems to think Yamamoto is some kind of answer, I don't think it moves the needle.

There's something bigger at play here, culturally. They need better players (lord knows they need better players) but man, these guys rarely bring the needed compete, rarely care to pay the price to make plays. Something about this market brings the least out of player, constantly. Wash Rinse Repeat this same rant from the last 12-13 years.
They look behind the bench and up at the rafters and see fatcats who haven’t earned their positions. Why should they try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad