Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm sorry but for the last 12 years outside of one season no coach has been able to "motivate" the Oilers.

If the ****ing players need their god damn coach to motivate them to play a divisional game against their biggest rival when they have been on a losing skid then those players are ****ing hopeless
Part of the reason they can’t motivate is because they don’t hire good coaches. Tippett is just another Hitch, McLellan, etc. even putting motivation aside the effort and execution is just as bad as last year.

the Oilers don’t try because they don’t feel the team cares about winning. Years and years of retreads on and off the ice.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
This game may have had a different outcome if Nuge hadn’t been so scared of getting hit, then played the puck so soft which lead to the opening goal 10 seconds in. This teams psyche is so fragile right now that it’s plays like that which totally deflate this team. They don’t have the mental fortitude to “shake it off”.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Even Baghdad Bob is calling them out labeling it a "Stink Show" and even called out The Golden Boy baby Nuge, now calling out Holland for lack of inactivity. You know it's bad when....
Oh please. That idiot thinks bringing up Yamamoto is the way to go.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
There's no saving this sinking ship Bryan. Stauffer seems to think Yamamoto is some kind of answer, I don't think it moves the needle.

There's something bigger at play here, culturally. They need better players (lord knows they need better players) but man, these guys rarely bring the necessary compete, rarely care to pay the price to make plays. Something about this market brings the least out of player, constantly. When was the last time an Oiler team consistently outworked opponents? Wash Rinse Repeat this same rant from the last 12-13 years.

I'm starting to think they're mostly a bunch of coach killers. They only listen to the new coach for about 25 games then venture off on their own "circus show, wow the crowd" system and f*** defense. Saw it under McLellan, Hitchcock and now Tippett.

They're rarely ever ready to go from puck drop and have zero battle to their game. When I got the app Calgary scored 11 seconds in, it was going to be a long night.

If I was Holland, I'd haul every single one of these players into my office and ask them one question. "Are you in or out?"

Every single player that says "Out" I will happily find them a new home before the deadline. I don't care who it is.

For those that say "In", they can explain why their recent play says otherwise and what they plan on doing to make me believe they're "in".

Look at Calgary. They had another players only meeting after St. Louis pumped them and they've been playing as a team. This team of shit heads punch the clock out and go home.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
If you can’t motivate your team you’re probably a loser. Of course he’s not the only one. This is an organization made up of losers from the very top. They were never serious about winning and I don’t think they ever will be. Go ahead and hire another dinosaur coach.
The stink around him I believe is how the stars are treated differently.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I thought Tippet was defensive coach?

We have given up the fifth most goals in the league
He is a defensive coach. Problem is we still have a bottom 5 defensive core, a below average goalie tandem and our bottom 6 is full of guys who might not even be extra skaters in most teams in the league. Shit in, shit out

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
follow that up with Tippett saying the team didn’t look like it gave a **** (paraphrasing) right from morning skate. Brutal.

Ya just listening to tips interview. Very disturbing. Saying the players didn't care to prepare the right way this morning. Talked about the good "mindset"/culture to defend coming out of training camp has eroded. I think it indicates lack of leadership and not buying into team culture anymore. Just guys losing resiliency and crumbling apart as a cohesive team with a singular goal. Guys just thinking about their own game and how to fix it rather than looking at it as a team problem.

Rob Brown even saying these guys are just doing a lot of "hoping" for lucky bounces and not stopping and starting... working hard.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
He is a defensive coach. Problem is we still have a bottom 5 defensive core, a below average goalie tandem and our bottom 6 is full of guys who might not even be extra skaters in most teams in the league. **** in, **** out
Tippett was the guy who got more out of less in Phoenix and yet he can't do that here? Is it mainly on the coach or the team?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm starting to think they're mostly a bunch of coach killers. They only listen to the new coach for about 25 games then venture off on their own "circus show, wow the crowd" system and **** defense. Saw it under McLellan, Hitchcock and now Tippett.

They're rarely ever ready to go from puck drop and have zero battle to their game. When I got the app Calgary scored 11 seconds in, it was going to be a long night.

If I was Holland, I'd haul every single one of these players into my office and ask them one question. "Are you in or out?"

Every single player that says "Out" I will happily find them a new home before the deadline. I don't care who it is.

For those that say "In", they can explain why their recent play says otherwise and what they plan on doing to make me believe they're "in".

Look at Calgary. They had another players only meeting after St. Louis pumped them and they've been playing as a team. This team of **** heads punch the clock out and go home.
I think giving the captaincy to McDavid was a mistake. There I said it. We needed a vet leader to come in and shoe McDavid what it takes to lead an NHL locker room.

Not blaming McDavid for it, but if the entire team is constantly ignoring coaches and doing this, the captain is either doing it do or can't do shit all to wrangle his troops

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Tippett was the guy who got more out of less in Phoenix and yet he can't do that here? Is it mainly on the coach or the team?
Tippett had a better defense and better depth players there and better goaltending there.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I think giving the captaincy to McDavid was a mistake. There I said it. We needed a vet leader to come in and shoe McDavid what it takes to lead an NHL locker room.

Not blaming McDavid for it, but if the entire team is constantly ignoring coaches and doing this, the captain is either doing it do or can't do **** all to wrangle his troops
Maybe another Ethan Moreau or Shawn Horcoff.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
117EE6A8-CAF9-49FC-99C4-0538388C9F57.gif

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
here is a q did u like the game tonight?
Hard hitting question :)

Of course not, does it mean every player is awful and should be traded or sent down?
We will win 2 in a row and right away every player is a star again, remember the Koskinen love, the Neal love, the Draisaitl better-than-McDavid love etc . etc.

We are in a funk, its that simple. There is no magic trade to make, we have no wingers past the first line, we have no cap space, and we have VERY little to call up at this point. That 6 mil in wasted cap with buyouts and salary keep would look pretty good right now. We have to stay the course and build up, instead of the previous 10 years of kneejerk bad moves.

Reactions: OilersfaninTO

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hard hitting question :)

Of course not, does it mean every player is awful and should be traded or sent down?
We will win 2 in a row and right away every player is s star again, remember the Koskinen love, the Neal love, the Draisaitl better-than-McDavid love etc . etc.

We are in a funk, its that simple. There is no magic trade to make, we have no wingers past the first line, we have no cap space, and we have VERY little to call up at this point. That 6 mil in wasted cap with buyouts and salary keep would look pretty good right now. We have to stay the course and build up, instead of the previous 10 years of kneejerk bad moves.
We haven’t won two in a row in a month. We have won four out of our last 15 games. If tonight was any indication we aren’t turning it around anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad