Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
We need to take a good long look at our defensive core, on paper they should be better than they are.

Onservation. This swan dive kicked in right after we lost Benning who is the whopping boy for some.might we be wrong how bad he is?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
We need to take a good long look at our defensive core, on paper they should be better than they are.

Onservation. This swan dive kicked in right after we lost Benning who is the whopping boy for some.might we be wrong how bad he is?

Actually Benning is fine on the 5/6 role

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hard hitting question :)

Of course not, does it mean every player is awful and should be traded or sent down?
We will win 2 in a row and right away every player is s star again, remember the Koskinen love, the Neal love, the Draisaitl better-than-McDavid love etc . etc.

We are in a funk, its that simple. There is no magic trade to make, we have no wingers past the first line, we have no cap space, and we have VERY little to call up at this point. That 6 mil in wasted cap with buyouts and salary keep would look pretty good right now. We have to stay the course and build up, instead of the previous 10 years of kneejerk bad moves.

I think we’re in a horrible position at the moment as we are not even close to being contenders, we are up against the cap with a lot of dead cap, and we can’t really go full rebuild as McDrai would want out. So if we don’t want to rebuild I guess we have to hope that Holland makes some stellar trades and we hit multiple home runs on draft picks. Holland has the worst job in the world at the moment

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
I never leave games early. I always stay to the very end since I’ve paid to be there and you never know. This goes for all sporting events.

I left with 5 minutes left tonight. That was a first for me. Brutal.

Awful crowd tonight. Dead silent, absolutely embarrassing. I had this game circled since the schedule came out. Can’t wait to cancel my season tickets.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2007

Probably a coincidence but I definitely wouldn't rule it out

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
On a positive note, I thought Jones had another really solid game. Bear has been struggling lately, but Jones has really impressed me.

Reactions: KYams17

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2007
Good thing they sold out the skills comp though.
During Tippett's interview he sounded pretty frustrated with the timing of the event haha, sounds like he wanted two good solid practices before we lose to the Rangers on NYE

Reactions: DerpMorg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm starting to think they're mostly a bunch of coach killers. They only listen to the new coach for about 25 games then venture off on their own "circus show, wow the crowd" system and **** defense. Saw it under McLellan, Hitchcock and now Tippett.

They're rarely ever ready to go from puck drop and have zero battle to their game. When I got the app Calgary scored 11 seconds in, it was going to be a long night.

If I was Holland, I'd haul every single one of these players into my office and ask them one question. "Are you in or out?"

Every single player that says "Out" I will happily find them a new home before the deadline. I don't care who it is.

For those that say "In", they can explain why their recent play says otherwise and what they plan on doing to make me believe they're "in".

Look at Calgary. They had another players only meeting after St. Louis pumped them and they've been playing as a team. This team of **** heads punch the clock out and go home.

Well said, they need somebody to put fear in them, show some damn emotion. These players play like they're comfortable collecting pay checks and going home fat and happy.

The problem is that this organization has always had a Country Club atmosphere and it reflects on them on the ice. Management is just like the players, content with collecting pay checks and being all far and happy free of any real accountability. This all starts from the top and filters down to the players. I worry that Holland is just another Country Club member but too early to know for sure. This is just as much a culture issue as it is a player personnel issue.

Listening to Connor now, he seems to have adopted that loser mentality now as well. Sad

Reactions: McFuhryous

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
How can you coach the stupid out of these guys? I mean, look at the goals that were scored today. Mindnumbing ineptness by the players. These guys couldn't look more clueless if they tried.

It’s weird how our whole roster except Nuge has changed from the 2010-2014 era yet our players are just as lazy and stupid. We also changed the coaching staff multiple times over as well as management. I honestly think that Kevin Lowe sold the Oilers soul to the Devil back in 05/06 and we have been cursed ever since.

Reactions: cantthinkofone

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
chiasson is ****ing terrible. I hope he quits and voids his contract.

I was the only one here recognizing this is a terrible hockey player even last season. He adds nothing to your lineup. Not a solid support player, not particularly good at anything, and if isn't scoring some goals he's nothing. Flames have 20 players better than Chiasson and one of the reasons they win.

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
I was the only one here recognizing this is a terrible hockey player even last season. He adds nothing to your lineup. Not a solid support player, not particularly good at anything, and if isn't scoring some goals he's nothing. Flames have 20 players better than Chiasson and one of the reasons they win.

His ECHL level skating has also gotten worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad