Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
3 things where going right when they where winning. Goaltending, special teams, and mcdrai. All three have dried up.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
So when does it happen? Next year? The year after? Maybe in 2024?
What did you think was going to happen this year? Holland was going to come in before having any time to evaluate an entirely new organization, make a bunch of moves to bring in some top six forwards and a whole new bottom six and coast into the playoffs?

He turned the worst special teams in the league into one of the best without any cap space. He got rid of Lucic for a 20 goal scorer, and he said he was going to ride until Christmas with what he had and get a look at everything before making any moves. The team is fighting for a wildcard spot where they should be at the halfway mark.

I believe a trade will happen, but I don't expect anything major until the summer when a bunch of money comes off the books and terms get shorter. A three game win streak and the team is right back in the thick of things.

This is a guy who is known for good development and long term stability. Exactly what this organization has lacked forever, and you won't even give him 40 games.

It's waaay too early to be calling anyone a failure.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
What did you think was going to happen this year? Holland was going to come in before having any time to evaluate an entirely new organization, make a bunch of moves to bring in some top six forwards and a whole new bottom six and coast into the playoffs?

He turned the worst special teams in the league into one of the best without any cap space. He got rid of Lucic for a 20 goal scorer, and he said he was going to ride until Christmas with what he had and get a look at everything before making any moves. The team is fighting for a wildcard spot where they should be at the halfway mark.

I believe a trade will happen, but I don't expect anything major until the summer when a bunch of money comes off the books and terms get shorter. A three game win streak and the team is right back in the thick of things.

It's waaay too early to be calling anyone a failure.
You don’t need that long to evaluate this dumpster fire. More than half the roster is not NHL level. If you’re not going to buy then start selling. Standing pat does not help this team at all.

the team is fighting for a wild card spot because of McDavid, Draisatl and Koskinen and the latter two are slowly becoming liabilities.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
October was fun.

Didn’t drink much kool aid so I’m not shocked, not mad...just disappointed

Ditto. It was a fu ride so I enjoyed it. I knew the inevitable crash was gunna suck. It's like having a massive night of boozing knowing the impending hang over

Holland was and is not the GM for the Oilers. The Oilers need a fresh mind to come ina md make urgent moves. The offseason was a complete waste and the 2019-20 was lost before it begin

Will be interesting to track our record this season after the first 20 games to Buffalos last year

Reactions: Moreaupheus

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I'd like to go back and read that Gregor article lol

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
The same few people have defended the GM of this team since the start of Chiarelli. Makes you wonder.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Chiarelli left this team with nothing.

All those ludcurious trades you think where other GMs trade us pieces for junk won't work.

Ill evaluate him after this summer.

31 year old Chayka has been making those trades for 2 years. Boring excuse.

We have plenty of assets in the form of picks and prospects

BlackDogg

Oct 3, 2015
Sadly, I feel like the only way to fix this team is by blowing it up completely. The return for McDavid alone would be something we have never seen before.
I had the unpopular thought at one point of the idea of trading Drai when he was at his absolute best at beginning of the season (sell high). I wouldn't have done it, but the haul would be quite good. And quite honestly, the return would have been better than what we have now.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I had the unpopular thought at one point of the idea of trading Drai when he was at his absolute best at beginning of the season (sell high). I wouldn't have done it, but the haul would be quite good.

I believe the return for Draisaitl would still be quite high. However I think if you were to trade one of McDrai you would have to trade the other as well (I couldn’t picture McDavid wanting to stay if Draisaitl was traded and vice versa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad