Post-Game Talk: Endgame

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
This team has the best player in the world and another guy who is a supreme talent. They should be able to be a playoff team after a year of the GM is good. Holland had 3 jobs this off season. To add legit secondary scoring what was done with Neal for a few weeks. (but he makes up for that by being awful 5 on 5).

To improve goaltending, which was a big fat failure and to really improve the bottom six which has been a huge failure.

The new coach by all appearance is the same as the last couple of system coaches we have had.

The Calvary is not coming either, our prospect pool is poor overall.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I had the unpopular thought at one point of the idea of trading Drai when he was at his absolute best at beginning of the season (sell high). I wouldn't have done it, but the haul would be quite good. And quite honestly, the return would have been better than what we have now.
The crazy thing, and I don't think we should ever do it but like, if you trade McDavid and your gm is thinking enough, you could keep Drai and get enough in assets back for McDavid to build an NHL team thru other trades etc. Like the Duchene trade set Colorado up for years. Imagine what a smart GM could do with a McDavid trade.

That said we shouldn't give up McDavid and should build around him.

Reactions: McDavidMasterRace

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Wow PGT out before the end of the game. Reminds me of the darkest days of the Decade of Darkness.
think we are into the Fourth Quadrennium of Darkness now - or the Quad Qaudrennium of Darkness.

Reactions: Cloned

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This team has the best player in the world and another guy who is a supreme talent. They should be able to be a playoff team after a year of the GM is good. Holland had 3 jobs this off season. To add legit secondary scoring what was done with Neal for a few weeks. (but he makes up for that by being awful 5 on 5).

To improve goaltending, which was a big fat failure and to really improve the bottom six which has been a huge failure.

The new coach by all appearance is the same as the last couple of system coaches we have had.

The Calvary is not coming either, our prospect pool is poor overall.
None of our forward prospects are really worth a damn, our goaltending prospects look like shit and our defensive prospects either suck defensively or way to far away to even think about them helping the team soon

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Sadly, I feel like the only way to fix this team is by blowing it up completely. The return for McDavid alone would be something we have never seen before.

Could you imagine what a laughing stock that this organization would be after that? That would be more something we’ve never seen before. The team would be known as the group that got dealt a pair of aces, then managed to f*** up everything possible and then folded. Return or not, the damage team’s reputation would be a lasting scar.

It would likely be the end of me following the Oilers and probably hockey altogether.

Reactions: Porkleaker

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Could you imagine what a laughing stock that this organization would be after that? That would be more something we’ve never seen before. The team would be known as the group that got dealt a pair of aces, then managed to **** up everything possible and then folded. Return or not, the damage team’s reputation would be a lasting scar.

It would likely be the end of me following the Oilers and probably hockey altogether.
I think not being able to ice a competitive team with McDavid makes them a laughingstock.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
What's magically going to happen this summer? Besides drafting another player 4 years away.

Crappy contracts come off the book.

Can you give me 3 trades you'd like to see right now?

Then take a step back and evaluate what new holes they've created. This isn't a team with a ton of depth.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
He is supposed to improve the team. He has not. And he doesn’t seem too concerned about it either. The players he brought in have been flops. He is not above criticism.
"I'm hearing the trade is one for one. McDavid for Gaudreau. Oilers retain some salary. More details to come."

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Could you imagine what a laughing stock that this organization would be after that? That would be more something we’ve never seen before. The team would be known as the group that got dealt a pair of aces, then managed to **** up everything possible and then folded. Return or not, the damage team’s reputation would be a lasting scar.

What reputation? This organization is already the laughing stock of the league

Reactions: oilmanab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad