OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had my price shock moment last night. Picked up two small shamrock shakes on my way home for me an the missus, and it was 10 bucks and change. :eek3: I love a shamrock shake as much as the next guy, but that is over the top.
Fast food prices are just ridiculous these days. And the quality is not improving in kind.

Thankfully I'm back to not eating that kind of stuff anymore. The crazy prices help take the sting out of not buying a cheeseburger when I have a craving lol

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Remember when McDonald's food used to come in those squeaky Styrofoam containers?

Good times. :laugh:
Ah yes, I worked there when they had those. When I started there, a regular hamburger was 30 cents! People were shocked at the low price...but you didn't really get much burger either.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Fast food prices are just ridiculous these days. And the quality is not improving in kind.

Thankfully I'm back to not eating that kind of stuff anymore. The crazy prices help take the sting out of not buying a cheeseburger when I have a craving lol
It really is getting bad. The inflation in the fast food industry is out of control, and quality is across the board worse than ever. And it's not even a good experience anymore, and this may be more related to location (suburb vs. urban, small town vs. main road etc.), but back in the day I could sit in McDonald's on a lunch break and chill, or I could go on a weekend and bring a book and read for an hour or so. But now they lock up the bathrooms, they took away the self-serve drink stations, they're not really clean, you have homeless people hanging around. It's just not comfortable.

I'd rather stay home and cook, which I suppose is healthier and more economical. Even the cheapest value box from Taco Bell is $6 and the Wendy's 4 for $4 is now $5 (and you're hungry again in a half hour). It's just not worth it anymore. The pandemic killed fast food.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Niece's surgery was successful. My sister will bring her home in a few hours (yes, they treat this as one day surgery barring complications). Since she was injured while on the track team the university is paying for everything.

Thank you to all who prayed & sent good vibes her way. You guys are the best! :heart:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Niece's surgery was successful. My sister will bring her home in a few hours (yes, they treat this as one day surgery barring complications). Since she was injured while on the track team the university is paying for everything.

Thank you to all who prayed & sent good vibes her way. You guys are the best! :heart:
Wishing her a speedy recovery! Glad everything is being paid for by the university.

Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Lunch for two adults and a toddler at Buffalo Wild Wings came to $50 with tip.
insane. If my daughter wants to eat out, I usually go to mexicali on Wednesdays. Because kids eat for 99 cents.
its a no brainer. She gets the chicken tenders and fries. I usually eat half the friggin fries, They are so good there. plus its free chips and salsa.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Yes what?
No!

It really is getting bad. The inflation in the fast food industry is out of control, and quality is across the board worse than ever. And it's not even a good experience anymore, and this may be more related to location (suburb vs. urban, small town vs. main road etc.), but back in the day I could sit in McDonald's on a lunch break and chill, or I could go on a weekend and bring a book and read for an hour or so. But now they lock up the bathrooms, they took away the self-serve drink stations, they're not really clean, you have homeless people hanging around. It's just not comfortable.

I'd rather stay home and cook, which I suppose is healthier and more economical. Even the cheapest value box from Taco Bell is $6 and the Wendy's 4 for $4 is now $5 (and you're hungry again in a half hour). It's just not worth it anymore. The pandemic killed fast food.
Taco Bell was a regular staple in my diet in law school, where I had little spare time and less money, and could get 4 tacos for $.89. To this day I have no desire to go back to that joint. Same with Little Caesars, where I'd buy the two pizzas for $5.99 deal and try to convince myself that the pizza couldn't be that bad (Spoiler alert -- it was worse than bad).

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No!

Taco Bell was a regular staple in my diet in law school, where I had little spare time and less money, and could get 4 tacos for $.89. To this day I have no desire to go back to that joint. Same with Little Caesars, where I'd buy the two pizzas for $5.99 deal and try to convince myself that the pizza couldn't be that bad (Spoiler alert -- it was worse than bad).
I still like taco bell. They used to have these meal deals that came with a burrito, bag of Doritos, and drink for about $3. That was my go-to for years before they phased it out around 2018 or so. Their meals are getting more expensive and the $5 box is up to $6, but it still might be the best value meal for fast food right now.

Little Caesars is cheap but not good, like cafeteria pizza. If you're going chain pizza Dominos is generally the best bang for buck, but it's not gourmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad