OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

1709821440675.png

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
MIAA as a whole is an absolute f***ing joke of an organization.

The whole fiasco suspending the Nantucket hockey player for a YEAR as a senior, so he can't play spring sports, is also ludicrous.

Tournaments make no sense, they killed the importance of Thanksgiving day games for football, it's just a shame these kids have to deal with this nonsense

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

The whole fiasco suspending the Nantucket hockey player for a YEAR as a senior, so he can't play spring sports, is also ludicrous.

Tournaments make no sense, they killed the importance of Thanksgiving day games for football, it's just a shame these kids have to deal with this nonsense
I wanted to see how Ludlow, MA did in the western, MA tournament in soccer. Well apparently they got rid of that too so now they have to travel all around the state for a march madness sized bracket.

Reactions: sarge88

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
OK, how about some questions on a Thursday:

1. If you found your child's diary, would you read it?

2. Do you stress over your lawn, if you are fortunate enough to have one? Do dandelions intimidate you? Do you use pesticide?

3. What is your favourite sitcom of all time - just name one and an episode if you have one that really sticks out from that series.

4. Name an actor/comedian/celebrity that you cannot stand even though everyone seems to love them.

5. What was your nickname in school, if you had one?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Not touching this one with a 10 foot pole.
2. Do you stress over your lawn, if you are fortunate enough to have one? Do dandelions intimidate you? Do you use pesticide?

No lawn of my own, the HOA takes care of it.
3. What is your favourite sitcom of all time - just name one and an episode if you have one that really sticks out from that series.

Friends, The One With the Embryos (aka, the contest). Perfection on the screen.

Cheers, any Bar Wars episode vs. Gary's Olde Towne Tavern. Literally pee my pants watching them.
4. Name an actor/comedian/celebrity that you cannot stand even though everyone seems to love them.

Ed Sheeran. I just don't see it.

Gator

Reactions: caz16

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
1. Absolutely not.
2. I love doing yard work, but I don't stress about it. I love to mow, and I do use fertilizer/pesticides in moderation.
3. The Office. Favorite episode is "The Injury", where Michael burns his foot in a George Foreman grill.
4. Martin Short and Albert Brooks. Both awful comedians, IMHO.
5. Didn't have a nickname in High School. But had Rocco as a callsign in the Navy. My wife still calls me that when she wants to get my attention.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

1. Not applicable but I'd probably respect their privacy unless there was a safety-related reason to do so.

2. No, I do want to build up my garden but the lawn, I really don't care about

3. Not sitcoms properly, but my favorite comedy shows of all time were Community and Arrested Development

4. I don't get Taylor Swift. Some of her songs are okay but why is she the most famous person in the world? And her attitude seems a little arrogant.

5. Never had one

Reactions: sarge88 and caz16

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
1. Absolutely not.
2. I love doing yard work, but I don't stress about it. I love to mow, and I do use fertilizer/pesticides in moderation.
3. The Office. Favorite episode is "The Injury", where Michael burns his foot in a George Foreman grill.
4. Martin Short and Albert Brooks. Both awful comedians, IMHO.
5. Didn't have a nickname in High School. But had Rocco as a callsign in the Navy. My wife still calls me that when she wants to get my attention.
I used to feel that way about Martin Short (a lot of his comedy is just too much), but after binge watching the 1984-85 season of SNL that he was on I grew to appreciate some of the subtleties in some of his characters (Nathan Thurm the lawyer is my favorite thing of his).

The one comedian that everyone holds up as a legend that just doesn't do it for me is Steve Martin. I'm sure it's a generational thing where what was funny to people in the 1970s wasn't funny to people who grew up in the 90s, but I see his stuff and it's like I can chuckle a little but I'm not getting comedy legend vibes here.

As for Albert Brooks, absolutely great in small doses, but too much of him at once and it ruins it. Love his voiceover work like Hank Scorpio on the Simpsons, would be good as a guest star on an ensemble sitcom. But anything where he's lead actor in a show or a movie is awful. I once watched a segment of him interviewed on Johnny Carson and he was way too intense and annoying, I had to shut it off. He's kind of diametrically opposites of his brother, Super Dave, who at first exposure to I didn't get or find funny at all, but the more I watch the more I laugh and realize how genius he was.

Reactions: caz16 and RoccoF14

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

1. I don't think I'd want to know what is in there
2.mow 2.5 acres....only spot weedkiller...spectracide
3.Home Improvement - vasectomy episode
4. Ken Yung (sic) Gilbert gottlieb
5. Bruno

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Depends on the circumstances

I dont stress over it. I poison ivy killer in back of my wooded property.

Curb Your Enthusiasm & Seinfeld

Jim Carey

Wally

Reactions: Ladyfan and caz16

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

I think I would. She is 11 and I would want to make sure everything is ok.
Ill admit I hate the dandelions becasue they get so tall. I just mow them over. No chemicals or anything else. I just dont like when it gets tall then the ticks latch onto you easier.
Curb your enthusiasm or King of Queens. Fav episode is the tourettes chef episode from Curb your enthusiasm.
Joe Rogan
Moose

High school grad Carol says hi back! This was my favourite pup (well, one of them, we had many Norwegian Elkhounds over the years), she had almost as much hair as me.
View attachment 831207
that hair needs to make a comeback

• Haha

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Depends on the circumstances

I dont stress over it. I poison ivy killer in back of my wooded property.

Curb Your Enthusiasm & Seinfeld

Jim Carey

Wally
Surprised.....i thought maybe your nickname was going to be Gee...

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

1. I never did - I had a friend who read their daughter's diary and it broke her heart, it was certainly a lesson.

2. "we" (meaning hubby) have just mowed the lawn for 30 years and only use pesticide for thistles or invasive plants that need to be stopped.

3. Fawlty Towers - the episode with the duck and Basil thrashing his car

4. Will Ferrell

5. I didn't have one in school.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

1. No kids so no problem
2. I don't stress over it. I love to do yard work but that's on hold b/c hip issues. No pesticides but one season I did use poison ivy/oak remover.
3. Big Bang Theory. No one episode in particular though.
4. Taylor Swift. I don't hate her or anything but the obsessiveness of her fan base is a huge turn off.
5. Didn't have one.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
1. No kids so no problem
2. I don't stress over it. I love to do yard work but that's on hold b/c hip issues. No pesticides but one season I did use poison ivy/oak remover.
3. Big Bang Theory. No one episode in particular though.
4. Taylor Swift. I don't hate her or anything but the obsessiveness of her fan base is a huge turn off.
5. Didn't have one.
I love Big Bang Theory too, my favourite scene is Sheldon in the ball pit but there were so many great episodes!

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

I couldn't agree more. There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes, and the MIAA being wrong on every single issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad