OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
20240303_224517.jpg

As someone who has an anxiety disorder, watching this gives me more anxiety.

I am so nervous for the crew. It's just mindblowing we can do things like this!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
View attachment 828933

I watched it and it gave me the heebeejeebees.
View attachment 828933

It was nerve-racking just watching it on YouTube live.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I watched it and it gave me the heebeejeebees.

It was nerve-racking just watching it on YouTube live.

This was the first time my mom has watched anything space related since the Challenger disaster. Which she watched on tv. So this was a big deal for her and for us. She was very nervous on take off(I don't blame her). But she made it through. I was proud of her. I was definitely sweating watching it go up. I love space stuff but man does it scare the shit out of me!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Watching a launch never gets old for me....been watching since I was 5, I'm 61 now you do the math lol. Always some nerves when it is a crewed flight because you never know what might happen but mainly excitement 🚀

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
My son started skating this past Saturday. A bit later than id have liked (he's 4), but the most important thing is that he loved it, which for him to actually say that, means I know he truly did.

It's been forever and a day since I've even been on the ice, maybe this will get me back out there at some point

View attachment 829126
love this

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My son started skating this past Saturday. A bit later than id have liked (he's 4), but the most important thing is that he loved it, which for him to actually say that, means I know he truly did.

It's been forever and a day since I've even been on the ice, maybe this will get me back out there at some point

View attachment 829126
This rules. The bowling alley across the street is a great spot too!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I knew someone would recognize it.

I've actually been meaning to take him bowling again, will have to check it out.
Bowling costs have gone way up recently, but that was always one of the cheapest places around so I assume it's still considerably less. I just went to Timber Lanes in Abington and it was 40 bucks an hour, which was just enough for the 5 of us to get one string in. For bowling, I still love the Hanson AA, but hours are extremely limited. They still use paper scoring, have the old school ball returns with a hand towel, and the mens room has a pull chain flush on the wall,

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Bowling costs have gone way up recently, but that was always one of the cheapest places around so I assume it's still considerably less. I just went to Timber Lanes in Abington and it was 40 bucks an hour, which was just enough for the 5 of us to get one string in. For bowling, I still love the Hanson AA, but hours are extremely limited. They still use paper scoring, have the old school ball returns with a hand towel, and the mens room has a pull chain flush on the wall,
Timber Lanes is absurd. We used to live down the street from there before we moved to Halifax.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Timber Lanes is absurd. We used to live down the street from there before we moved to Halifax.
I’m just around the corner by whitman hanson. I lived near twin lakes liquors for a couple years, and then in kingston in barrows Brook for a short while. Lovely areas, just wish they had better restaurant/take out options over there. Happy Dragon gets old after a while!

The only thing I really hated about Halifax was the trash pick up. I lived on a paper street that would get skipped constantly for trash pickup.

You should be real close to the hanson aa, you’ll have to figure out their open lane hours and stop in for a string or two

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
There is not enough motrin or lidocane patches for the way my body aches today. I could not get comfortable last night no matter what setting I put my bed in.

• Wow
Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am very excited because I have played this game daily for seasons - I have tied for second before but I actually got the sole position of 2nd yesterday! I get a $100 NHL gift card for that!! Figy16 is my user name - I actually made a typo when I made the account, it was supposed to be Figgy16 because I love Fig Newtons....lol

1709661535185.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad