OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Sugar Pops. Fruit Loops. Trix ("Silly rabbit!"). Honey Combs.

And these were the relatively healthy ones, and I use the term advisedly.

Frosted Lucky Charms ("They're magically delicious"). Frankenberry. Booberry. I think I tried Cuunt Chocula once. That was enough. ✌️😔

"Memories / light the corners of my mind...

"Misty, watercolor memories,

"Of The Way we were.."

1709451592772.png

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Hate to get into my feels, but I feel I talk to y’all a lot.

Had to say goodbye to the toughest dog I’ve ever had. She was left at a dump and we rescued her in 2011 (one month before the Bruins won the cup) - Her name was Tuukka.

Let’s just say the guy who left her there won’t be doing that anymore. I made a visit.

She a Bruin forever.

5A51E184-C3A3-4FF6-B7A1-4BE17EE1A407.jpeg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I've been on a decluttering binge the last few weeks, both at work and at home. I think I've just reached the age where I'm tired of "stuff." So I just take it one cabinet, drawer, or corner at a time, and off I go.

I still have a lot to do in the apartment, but I'm getting there.

It feels fantastic.

It's not for everyone, but my motto has always been, "When in doubt, pitch it."

Less is more.

Good luck,

:thumbu:

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
What is this, and is it any good? Each variety, please.
Pickled onions are a staple in England and you find them on the menu in most pubs, my brothers and father used to eat pickled onion sandwiches. They are super strong for me, so I never ate them - I stick to the tiny silver skinned onions.

Reactions: GordonHowe

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Had to say goodbye to the toughest dog I’ve ever had. She was left at a dump and we rescued her in 2011 (one month before the Bruins won the cup) - Her name was Tuukka.

Let’s just say the guy who left her there won’t be doing that anymore. I made a visit.

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
I'm so sorry, it is never easy. It is heartbreaking that people dump animals but lucky for her, she had the best life afterwards. That is such an adorable picture!

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568

As the fellow owner of a dog named Tuukka, my condolences. Always hard to lose one of our furry best pals. Sounds like you gave her a great life.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
I am so sorry for your loss Sheppy. Sending you a hug.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568

So sorry Shep.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

Reactions: Alicat

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I have been able to re-connect with some second cousins in Mass. since my parents have both passed away. My Dad and their mother were very deeply into genealogy. My cousins have been going through their mother's boxes of history and they found a video from around 1971 with all of us together. They just found this photo yesterday - my brothers and I in Scotland while camping.

I sent it to my brother and he remembers that we had picked up a Captain of a fishing boat on our way to the campground - he was stranded with a broken down car. We drove him to the harbour and he said to come back the next day. We did and he gave us some fresh catch as a thank you.

A picture, worth at least 1,000 words in this case! I do not recall the incident, just the camping.

1709469407281.jpeg

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568

God knows I can relate man. So sorry.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Went to the VT state basketball championship last night.

Never was a big basketball guy but it was pretty great. Hoosiers like atmosphere in the circa 1939 Barre Auditorium. Sold out crowd of 1900 probably split 50/50 for fans. Our team won but for both sides, what an experience.

I have been surprised how popular basketball is up here. But when I think about it, its something for everyone to come together and watch in the winter. Plus it cheap to play and doesn't require a huge team.

Baseball is very popular too because it has yet to be raided by lacrosse

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568

Youll see them again in another life

Reactions: TD Charlie and BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
I am so sorry. She is a cutie! You are a good human for saving her and giving her a good life.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
Aw Shep

:( I'm so sorry. You saved her and gave her a beautiful, loving life. This never gets easier. But you'll see her again. I like to think she's playing around with my Louie. I still miss him every day. Pets are family.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
RIP Tuukka.
Sorry for your loss of a good girl.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
Angel Day Blessings Tuukka....you are loved...

So glad you made the 'visit'....

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NASA going to have another go at launching a Crew Dragon flight to the ISS tonight. Launch scheduled for 10:53 PM EST 🚀

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

She a Bruin forever.

View attachment 828568
It’s the heartbreak of being a loving pet parent. You gave her a wonderful life and the good memories will live on. Sorry for your loss:rose:

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
NASA going to have another go at launching a Crew Dragon flight to the ISS tonight. Launch scheduled for 10:53 PM EST 🚀

I am SO ready.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad