OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Looking for a fun spot to stop for a night or two on the drive home from Ocean City, MD. Heading there at the end of September for a music festival and want to stop somewhere on the way home to break up the drive/extend the trip. Somewhere with bars/breweries/restaurants to explore, cute downtown to walk around, etc.

So far all I’ve thought of is Mystic, CT. Any one visited? Any other ideas?

Old Saybrook is quite pleasant.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
My son is doing a survey for his class. Out of these four options, which is your favorite cereal?
Cap'n Crunch
Froot Loops
Frosted Flakes
Fruity Pebbles

For me, the choice is obvious. But it's getting trounced right now by a lesser part of a complete breakfast.
I used to be known as the cereal kid, but I have not had breakfast cereal in probably 50 years.

Back then, when our no nonsense mother allowed us to have sugar cereal only on Saturday, it was certainly Cap'n Crunch. I liked Quisp, too.

Remember how Life wilted under the pressure of milk within seconds?

"Hey Mikey, he likes it!"

Frosted Flakes.
"They're great!"

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I used to be known as the serial kid, but I have not had breakfast cereal in probably 50 years.

Back then, when are No nonsense mother allowed us to have sugar cereal on a saturday, and no other day, it was certainly Cap'n Crunch. I liked Quisp, too.

Remember how Life wilted under the pressure of milk?

"Hey Mikey, he likes it!"

"They're great!"

OMG I forgot all about Quisp!!!! :laugh:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Looking for a fun spot to stop for a night or two on the drive home from Ocean City, MD. Heading there at the end of September for a music festival and want to stop somewhere on the way home to break up the drive/extend the trip. Somewhere with bars/breweries/restaurants to explore, cute downtown to walk around, etc.

So far all I’ve thought of is Mystic, CT. Any one visited? Any other ideas?
Just got back from Mystic last week. HIGHLY recommend. Fantastic place.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
OMG I forgot all about Quisp!!!! :laugh:
Sugar Pops. Fruit Loops. Trix ("Silly rabbit!"). Honey Combs.

And these were the relatively healthy ones, and I use the term advisedly.

Frosted Lucky Charms ("They're magically delicious"). Frankenberry. Booberry. I think I tried Count Chocula once. That was enough. ✌️😔

"Memories / light the corners of my mind...

"Misty, watercolor memories,

"Of The Way we were.."

Last edited:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Knee update...
Follow up today, 3 months after surgery
They told me 4 months....told Dr I went back to work after 2.....he said why am I not surprised....I said yeah, been up on top of my 24' ladder

R knee has been a little balky from favoring L...did x ray and cortisone shot today
Surprisingly it looks really good.....bone spacing and shape real good, if it gets to it it would be a partial instead of total replacement

During the x ray it always takes the L......he said they expect the part under the kneecap to tilt a little.. Said mine is perfect level, could not be better....maybe why I got back so fast

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Knee update...
They told me 4 months....told Dr I went back to work after 2.....he said why am I not surprised....I said yeah, been up on top of my 24' ladder

R knee has been a little balky from favoring L...did x ray and cortisone shot today
Surprisingly it looks really good.....bone spacing and shape real good, if it gets to it it would be a partial instead of total replacement

During the x ray it always takes the L......he said they expect the part under the kneecap to tilt a little.. Said mine is perfect level, could not be better....maybe why I got back so fast
Fantastic news my friend!

Reactions: shelbysdad

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Knee update...

Wahoooo

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Knee update...

Brilliant!!!

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Sugar Pops. Fruit Loops. Trix ("Silly rabbit!"). Honey Combs.

And these were the relatively healthy ones, and I use the term advisedly.

Frosted Lucky Charms ("They're magically delicious"). Frankenberry. Booberry. I think I tried Cuunt Chocula once. That was enough. ✌️😔

"Memories / light the corners of my mind...

"Misty, watercolor memories,

"Of The Way we were.."
I remember those commercials during Saturday morning cartoons, I wanted all those sugary cereals but I don't think my Mom ever bought them. I think the sweetest one we got was Frosted Flakes.

I was pretty careful about sugary cereals with my daughters but once in a while, as a treat, I would buy them their favourites which thankfully were different so they didn't fight over how much they each got out of the box. Angie's favourite was Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs and Katie's was Nesquik. We would also buy those tiny boxes for when we traveled, they always came in handy for them, either dry or with milk at a hotel early in the morning.

I love cereal.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
When a friend posted this on FB, I thought it was a joke....but no, they are real....lmao! Leave it to the Brits to come up with these :)
1709376607331.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
My wife booked hers yesterday. Got a decent rate at the Travelodge ($230...crazy) in that lovely garden spot known as Terre Haute, IN. She and my daughter are heading down the night before.

She's a professional photographer so I'll post pics when she gets back.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've been on a decluttering binge the last few weeks, both at work and at home. I think I've just reached the age where I'm tired of "stuff." So I just take it one cabinet, drawer, or corner at a time, and off I go.

I still have a lot to do in the apartment, but I'm getting there.

It feels fantastic.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I've been on a decluttering binge the last few weeks, both at work and at home. I think I've just reached the age where I'm tired of "stuff." So I just take it one cabinet, drawer, or corner at a time, and off I go.

I still have a lot to do in the apartment, but I'm getting there.

It feels fantastic.
It is really satisfying - we have been doing a lot of it recently. My friend's son lives in Sweden and she told me about Swedish Death Cleaning, I was taken aback at first but now understand after taking care of my parents' house when they both passed. We are not leaving a mess for our daughters, hopefully lots of years away yet but still.....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It is really satisfying - we have been doing a lot of it recently. My friend's son lives in Sweden and she told me about Swedish Death Cleaning, I was taken aback at first but now understand after taking care of my parents' house when they both passed. We are not leaving a mess for our daughters, hopefully lots of years away yet but still.....
I've heard of that, saw a youtube video on it a while back.

There is still a bunch of my mom's stuff at my stepdad's house that I know he wants me to take, and I just don't have anywhere to put it. And I'm not about to pay for a storage unit.

Reactions: caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have one bin left to tackle and that is my memorabilia one. Ince that is done then my packing and inventorying will be done and the rest will be done by the movers.

I have 9 bins of Christmas decor and I seriously underestimated the amount of glitter on everything lol.

I have one more drop off for good will that I am going to do tomorrow as well.

Deep cleaning and purging feels so freeing. Packing however, sucks.

Reactions: BMC and caz16

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
This happened not too far from me.

I do a lot of deep sea fishing. Red Snapper and Amberjack are my favorite. Had that happen on more than one occasion. We call that “paying the tax man….”

Never seen ‘em try to eat a trolling motor, though….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad