OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Very frustrated. I was doing a job today and when the woman came to drop off the child, she was so beyond rude and didn't look me in the eye for any engagement. So I just I said hi, thank you, drive safe, etc. And all this woman did was just look down at the ground and ignored me.

Now I hear from someone that she felt insulted that she wasn't "invited in" by me.

How am I supposed to invite you in, or know you want to be "invited" in, when you don't look at me or acknowledge my existence as I'm standing right in front of you. I went through the cameras and have the entire interaction. She never picks up her head to look at me at all. Drops the child off and leave abruptly. I said to this person this woman's versions of events did not happen as she said it did. I would have obviously invited her in, as she has been inside many times. She didn't seem to want to interact or talk or have anything to do with me. It's on video. The person I spoke with said "it's not a problem, I'm not worried about it." But I don't like that this is an issue. I don't want the woman to make up stories, nor do I want her to feel like I didn't invite her in. But damn, acknowledge the situation. Eye contact. Say hello. Don't just look at the ground as if you're ignoring me and somehow I'm supposed to take that as a cue to invite you in. We've done this many times.

I take my job seriously when I have it. I do not want someone thinking I snubbed them when it didn't happen.

Luckily there's proof on camera. I told this person, the go between the two parties that I would be happy to send them the video. But I was told that's not necessary and was assured this wasn't a big deal. However, I know this woman very well and I'm sure she's making it one.

Just annoyed. What ever happened to just being friendly?

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Very frustrated. I was doing a job today and when the woman came to drop off the child, she was so beyond rude and didn't look me in the eye for any engagement. So I just I said hi, thank you, drive safe, etc. And all this woman did was just look down at the ground and ignored me.

Now I hear from someone that she felt insulted that she wasn't "invited in" by me.

How am I supposed to invite you in, or know you want to be "invited" in, when you don't look at me or acknowledge my existence as I'm standing right in front of you. I went through the cameras and have the entire interaction. She never picks up her head to look at me at all. Drops the child off and leave abruptly. I said to this person this woman's versions of events did not happen as she said it did. I would have obviously invited her in, as she has been inside many times. She didn't seem to want to interact or talk or have anything to do with me. It's on video. The person I spoke with said "it's not a problem, I'm not worried about it." But I don't like that this is an issue. I don't want the woman to make up stories, nor do I want her to feel like I didn't invite her in. But damn, acknowledge the situation. Eye contact. Say hello. Don't just look at the ground as if you're ignoring me and somehow I'm supposed to take that as a cue to invite you in. We've done this many times.

I take my job seriously when I have it. I do not want someone thinking I snubbed them when it didn't happen.

Luckily there's proof on camera. I told this person, the go between the two parties that I would be happy to send them the video. But I was told that's not necessary and was assured this wasn't a big deal. However, I know this woman very well and I'm sure she's making it one.

Just annoyed. What ever happened to just being friendly?
It’s cliche, but true:
You never know what another person is going through. Give her some grace; let it go.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
It’s cliche, but true:
You never know what another person is going through. Give her some grace; let it go.
That's what I'm going to do. I just hope she doesn't start anything in regards to my job. I did my job and did it well.

I hope whatever she was going through doesn't linger. It hurts the kid at the end of the day. :/

• Love
Reactions: sooshii

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Normally this is where I sit, but the grouch went above and beyond the call of grouch duty by making a complaint. I’d be pretty annoyed about it too.

Defend yourself girl! @Mione134

Thank you. I don't take what I do lightly, and when I know this woman personally it takes things to a different level because of family stuff, etc

I don't think she realized the camera was on. But hopefully this doesn't escalate. She could of simply had a bad day sure, but don't lie about our interaction. I'm not an asshole. I say hi and welcome everyone. Which I have lots of people say to me "it's okay, we know the truth". Which is nice to hear. Just fustrating when children are caught up in it.

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Made chicken nuggies at work for employee meal

Attachments

• IMG_2112.jpeg
    IMG_2112.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2117.jpeg
    IMG_2117.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 7

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Anyone have an in with an HVAC supplier? Looks like I'm gonna need a 3.5 ton AC, air handler, and lots n lots of ducts both rigid and flex. Trying not to pay the absurd markups

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This injection was much different than the last time and fingers crossed, in a good way. They did a lot more imaging and got pretty deep into the joint and pretty much hit right where it hurt the most. My blood pressure and heart rate didn't spike and I still had feeling in my legs. I went and took a nap after the deadline past and got a good 5 hrs in and then went back to bed and slept another 8. Ice actually bothers it so I am just taking a motrin every 8 hours and it seems to help.

Only issue I have had is that I cannot sleep on my left side because that is when I experience the most pain.

I am 100% going to feel it once the numbing block wears off but fingers crossed that in 2 weeks I will see a big improvement pain and mobility wise. The doctor reiterated that the issue is due to the past trauma of my left leg. It appears to have narrowed the joint.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This injection was much different than the last time and fingers crossed, in a good way. They did a lot more imaging and got pretty deep into the joint and pretty much hit right where it hurt the most. My blood pressure and heart rate didn't spike and I still had feeling in my legs. I went and took a nap after the deadline past and got a good 5 hrs in and then went back to bed and slept another 8. Ice actually bothers it so I am just taking a motrin every 8 hours and it seems to help.

Only issue I have had is that I cannot sleep on my left side because that is when I experience the most pain.

I am 100% going to feel it once the numbing block wears off but fingers crossed that in 2 weeks I will see a big improvement pain and mobility wise. The doctor reiterated that the issue is due to the past trauma of my left leg. It appears to have narrowed the joint.
I hope everything goes perfectly for you. That sounds very painful...and scary about the feeling in your legs, I assume that has happened in the past?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I hope everything goes perfectly for you. That sounds very painful...and scary about the feeling in your legs, I assume that has happened in the past?
It did the last time I had it. It felt like my leg was made out of Jello. It was awful.

• Wow
Reactions: caz16

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The decluttering continued today. Which led to me also rearranging my living room, which my knees and back are not thanking me for right now lol.

I think I see Tylenol in my immediate future.

:wally:

Reactions: BMC and caz16

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
Am I the last person to hear of the Savannah Banana's? Between this and the cartoon hockey game, this has been a weird day.

• Haha
Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Am I the last person to hear of the Savannah Banana's? Between this and the cartoon hockey game, this has been a weird day.

I first heard of them last summer. I think they'll be in Nashville again this year at some point, I wouldn't mind going to a game. They're like the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball.

Reactions: BMC

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
I first heard of them last summer. I think they'll be in Nashville again this year at some point, I wouldn't mind going to a game. They're like the Harlem Globetrotters of baseball.
The center fielder caught a line drive while doing a back flip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad