OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I always find your cats stunning, but esp the one on the left - what breed is that?
They are brother and sister (litter mates). I got them from a shelter. They were found under some lilac bushes (there were 4 of them).

They are domestic long hair with angora fur. Their fur is always on everything. You can put clothes in the wash and when the wash is done the fur is still on the clothes. Their fur is very soft.

Pippin is the boy (white feet) and Luna is the girl. He weighs 19 pounds and she weighs 9.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
They are brother and sister (litter mates). I got them from a shelter. They were found under some lilac bushes (there were 4 of them).

They are domestic long hair with angora fur. Their fur is always on everything. You can put clothes in the wash and when the wash is done the fur is still on the clothes. Their fur is very soft.

Pippin is the boy (white feet) and Luna is the girl. He weighs 19 pounds and she weighs 9.
Wow, that is a huge weight difference!

Reactions: NeelyDan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

That fur thing would make my head explode

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

i would probably die from my cat allergy from those cats.

Reactions: Ladyfan

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
That fur thing would make my head explode
Try living with a Bernese Mountain Dog
18126~2.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I like it being light later in the summer but does it really need to be light past 7:30? That’s the sweet spot for me.

Which we could achieve without the clock cha going garbage.
In Oklahoma it is light past 8pm. The line between central and mountain time is the most noticeable in daylight savings. It stays dusk until 8:30. It’s great on Friday and Saturday night but since I work east coast hours when out there, I rely heavily on blackout curtains.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If you research time zone history in the US and Canada you wind up :huh:

@crimsonace - South Bend, Indiana should NOT be in the Eastern Time Zone simply because that city is heavily influenced by Chicago.

Detroit should be in the Central Time Zone as well - tonight's sunset will be 7:35 PM EDT - but Henry Ford wanted Detroit in the same time zone as New York.

Railroads developed standard time but it was the advent of broadcasting with radio in the 20s and later television in the 40s that made New York time the standard.

The only way you can attack this is to eliminate daylight time completely but that creates more problems. One can make a case that Boston should be in the Atlantic Time Zone an hour ahead of New York - that won't happen.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
OK, I'll try it - when can I pick him/her up? ;) I love dogs and the big dogs are my favourites. We have a British Mastiff next door, he is adorable and so sweet. Does he/she sit on your feet? In my experience, big dogs seem to love this.
That's Piper....100 lb female...
She loves to sit next to my wife in her recliner part of the couch.....turns over for belly rubs....does the same thing every morning.....jumps in bed for 10 minutes of belly rubs

Dog is strong as hell.....Im close to 200 and she can pull me around like a toy
KIMG0145.JPG

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The only good part about DST is the extra light in the evening, it makes the days seem longer and we can eat in our dining room without the lights on.

The birds, plants and trees have been duped this year - our lilacs are budding already. If winter returns at some point, I don't know what it will do to the fruit trees especially. SW Ontario is very reliant on the orchards and also grapes for all the wineries, we have so many apple orchards around us - they supply Costco locally.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Seems we've had some big news in the Karen Read murder case this morning. Seems the FBI has determined John O'Keefe wasn't killed by a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad