OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Here’s Venus. Fiercely protective of my kids. Often sleeps in doorways facing out to the hall. Will sit at the end of the yard facing out to the street, always keeps herself between the kids and the road. She lost her owner a little over 2 years ago and for some reason she picked me to cling to. No idea how old she is or what breed, but we think she’s at least 12.

IMG_9648.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And here is Captain Zdeno, aka Zdeno, aka Pup. He left us December 2020, just two months after this photo was taken. I share it now years later because he was the coolest, I will miss him forever, and never get tired of sharing stories about him. Homie battled raging diabetes for 18 months, the first month in which the vet said he needed emergency services and literally might never go home again. We ignored that vet, took him home, and he ran around for 18 months. Poor pup went blind REAL quick, which sucked at first but he got used to it just as quick as it happened. I miss his snuggles but I know hes happier now that nobody is chasing him for insulin
IMG_9649.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
And here is Captain Zdeno, aka Zdeno, aka Pup. He left us December 2020, just two months after this photo was taken. I share it now years later because he was the coolest, I will miss him forever, and never get tired of sharing stories about him. Homie battled raging diabetes for 18 months, the first month in which the vet said he needed emergency services and literally might never go home again. We ignored that vet, took him home, and he ran around for 18 months. Poor pup went blind REAL quick, which sucked at first but he got used to it just as quick as it happened. I miss his snuggles but I know hes happier now that nobody is chasing him for insulin
View attachment 834517
Zdeno was awesome. Was the spitting image of our Beetle. Same coloring tho she was 100% Schnoodle. Diabetes and Cushings ravaged her and her sister, Derby and they both passed within a few months of each other.

Now we have Finn. A lovebug with a seriously stubborn and sassy streak.

full

full

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Zdeno was awesome. Was the spitting image of our Beetle. Same coloring tho she was 100% Schnoodle. Diabetes and Cushings ravaged her and her sister, Derby and they both passed within a few months of each other.

Now we have Finn. A lovebug with a seriously stubborn and sassy streak.
I always loved seeing pictures of Beetle, cuz of how much she resembled Z.

Dogs are the best

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
These are our two girls...they are whippets and are super sweet to each other. Penny, the one on the right loves to snuggle in on the couch when the Bruins are on!!

View attachment 834205

We had a black lab growing up -- Fonzie. Ostensibly my dog. He was quite a character and I miss him.

My brother Bob and wife Sara, who live in Glasgow, have a whippet named Tina. She's hilarious. When we skype every week, she'll meander into frame. She's the queen, or she acts like it. Blissfully oblivious to the fact that her every need is taken care of.

I love dogs and wish I had one, but a] not fair to keep in an apartment without a yard, and b] more importantly, I'm too lazy to take the dog out to do his business in the morning.

I did encourage my brother Michael, divorced, dating yet working from home, to get a dog. And he did. Duck is a Sheppard, and very sweet. Mike has a backyard, too. :)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Seems we've had some big news in the Karen Read murder case this morning. Seems the FBI has determined John O'Keefe wasn't killed by a car...

Big news. Along with the text messages...

Almost like whether you like him or hate him, TB was right about the Feds getting involved.

And now that the FBI determined he wasn't hit by the car(which was obvious to me), that means the planted broken taillights, and dog bites etc is real.

The plot thickens

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Almost like whether you like him or hate him, TB was right about the Feds getting involved.

And now that the FBI determined he wasn't hit by the car(which was obvious to me), that means the planted broken taillights, and dog bites etc is real.

The plot thickens
I love your post here for the simple fact that you said “the plot thickens.”

By the way… I love “the plot thickens” as much as I love “little did he know…”

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Damn last week I loved LOVED my job and then I found out I am severely underpaid. So now I am moving to another restaurant for more money.

Ever since Darden bout Ruth Chris place has gone to hell and multiple people are leaving

Sad I was so happy there for awhile
There's a lot to unpack here but I'll just focus on one thing. Tread carefully. Keep chasing the money and you might find yourself chasing the happiness that you just left.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Damn last week I loved LOVED my job and then I found out I am severely underpaid. So now I am moving to another restaurant for more money.

Ever since Darden bout Ruth Chris place has gone to hell and multiple people are leaving

Sad I was so happy there for awhile

How many places has it been since moving? I think you have replaced Dojji as my all time favorite.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

The plot thickens
Apparently they have more, but for some reason the Judge shut things down after saying they would go all day if needed after the last session.

They provided even more evidence these people all knew each other and weren't being honest.

They aren't fooling the FBI.

Reactions: Mione134

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I love your post here for the simple fact that you said “the plot thickens.”

By the way… I love “the plot thickens” as much as I love “little did he know…”

Both are trumped by "Meanwhile, back at the ranch."

My brother Mike turned me on to "The chances are slim and none. And slim just left the room." :cool:

Remember,

Mediocrity borrows.

Genius steals.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
This is Kirby.... (Post 596) he always loved fetch. His favorite thing ever though is kayaking . You can not get off the dock unless he is in a kayak.....I took him fishing....I said hey Kirby where should we go...he looked right to the far corner of the pond...so we went....7 bass later he was all excited....He jumps on the edge when he sees them jump and he loves to lick them when they get in the kayak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad