OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Apparently they have more, but for some reason the Judge shut things down after saying they would go all day if needed after the last session.

They provided even more evidence these people all knew each other and weren't being honest.

They aren't fooling the FBI.
If the judge deems that either side didn't meet the requirements set forth by the case law they are relying on, they will shut it down and then issue their ruling. You can put on a performance in the court room but if your argument is flawed, it is a wasted effort.

I'll trust impartial legal experts to break down everything over a vile blogger who will be back behind bars sooner than later for a whole host of transgressions including DV.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
If the judge deems that either side didn't meet the requirements set forth by the case law they are relying on, they will shut it down and then issue their ruling. You can put on a performance in the court room but if your argument is flawed, it is a wasted effort.

I'll trust impartial legal experts to break down everything over a vile blogger who will be back behind bars sooner than later for a whole host of transgressions including DV.
Did you actually watch what happened today? because I don't think any of this is relevant to what happened. The blogger is after the fact. The CW is trying to make it about him, because they look to be cooked. The FBI has said he was not killed by a motor vehicle. The FBI confirmed the 2;27 google search did in fact happen. The also proved 2 witnesses who claimed to be sleeping on the morning of the 29th actually called each other....and many other nuggets.

I'll trust what the FBI has to say over the folks that conducted the 'investigation'.

Last edited:

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
There's a lot to unpack here but I'll just focus on one thing. Tread carefully. Keep chasing the money and you might find yourself chasing the happiness that you just left.

Thing is when I posted here about ruth chris is was positive but there have always been issues. The chef respects no one. Especially not me. Darden bought the restaurant and now its shit. Quality of food going down, cant go outside for a quick break…..

They dont really bother me but when im stepping up when no one else is the short jokes get tiring

2 sho chefs have left and now theyre trying to make me one for what I make and I learned I am one of the least paid people in the kitchen

Im going somewhere more laid back and have friends working

How many places has it been since moving? I think you have replaced Dojji as my all time favorite.
Kellys, Chilis, UPS, Capstone, Rogers Market, Food+Beer, Ruths Chris, Amazon and now Twin Peaks

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Thing is when I posted here about ruth chris is was positive but there have always been issues. The chef respects no one. Especially not me. Darden bought the restaurant and now its shit. Quality of food going down, cant go outside for a quick break…..

They dont really bother me but when im stepping up when no one else is the short jokes get tiring

2 sho chefs have left and now theyre trying to make me one for what I make and I learned I am one of the least paid people in the kitchen

Kellys, Chilis, UPS, Capstone, Rogers Market, Food+Beer, Ruths Chris, Amazon and now Twin Peaks
The grass isn't always greener and you really have to be careful when working with friends. The laid back atmosphere and having a friend or two at work may seem great at first but when it comes down to it, especially in the food service industry, it is every person for themself.

You don't need to quit when things change. If you feel like you're underpaid, look at what other restaurants are paying for similar roles and ask them to pay you that if they want to change your role. If you're not happy with the environment, you can do something to change that.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

All I’m saying is to just be careful when chasing the almighty dollar. If that’s your mindset then no amount of money is gonna be enough. You’ll continue looking for more and more and you’ll always be looking to change jobs.

It doesn’t mean the job you had was the perfect fit, but i also don’t think you’ll find a good fit just focusing on money. The money is a temporary motivator, and before you know it your friends have quit, and you realize the job wasn’t that good all along. And this isn’t even factoring in a scenario in which you find out you aren’t being paid the most.

It’s all just my opinion of course. We are certainly allowed to have our own experiences and goals.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My wife and I were lucky to be able to go out on an orca watching expedition yesterday. Some heavy swell out on the open ocean made for some sea sickness but all worth it to see these amazing creatures in their natural environment. Not our photos - for obvious reasons they're hard to snap! - but here's a couple from the professional photographer who was on board. A great day out.

1710287636589.png

1710287724922.png

1710287827048.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Xenforo will be doing server maintenance on Wednesday March 13th, 2024 at 9 AM GMT. We will experience downtime during this process. Thanks for your understanding.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Anyone else having a hard time with their allergies? It might be from packing but I miss being able to breathe out of both nostrils. Medicated sinus rinses, nasal sprays and zyrtec plus an allergy shot and I'm still stuffed up.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Getting ready to watch another SpaceX launch tonight:

Tomorrow morning SpaceX will attempt to launch its huge Starship rocket for its third test flight:

🚀 🚀

Tonight's launch has been scrubbed. No word yet as to why :(

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
MGH has pushed my biopsy back a week as they want this Doctor to do it.

View attachment 835132

Martin Torriani, MD
Professor of Radiology, Harvard Medical School
Director, MGH Metabolic Imaging Core

So now I can go to Montreal after all 🙂

I won't lie - I'm nervous but I can't complain about the quality of care I am getting.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

I won't lie - I'm nervous but I can't complain about the quality of care I am getting.

You got this Kevin! It seems your care team is top notch and know what they're doing. I know I don't know you personally, however, I am giving you a big hug and a hand squeeze. I'll be thinking about you and saying prayers for healing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
You got this Kevin! It seems your care team is top notch and know what they're doing. I know I don't know you personally, however, I am giving you a big hug and a hand squeeze. I'll be thinking about you and saying prayers for healing.
Thanks

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

I would be surprised if you weren't nervous, anyone would be but you are in the best of hands. Sending lots of positive vibes, we will be right behind you and there are a lot of us! I am sure you will be just fine.

Reactions: eightspokedb

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Biopsies are nerve wracking to be sure (I've had 2). But there is every possibility that the results will be benign so try to focus on that.

We're here for you. :heart:

🫂 🙏

Reactions: Fenway

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

It is normal to be nervous. You are in the best hands.

You know HF is always here for you.

Sending healing thoughts and energy.

1710427510857.png

Bleached

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp
Oct 3, 2018
Getting ready to watch another SpaceX launch tonight:

Tomorrow morning SpaceX will attempt to launch its huge Starship rocket for its third test flight:

🚀 🚀

Tonight's launch has been scrubbed. No word yet as to why :(

The thing I most like about SpaceX:
Most companies: We got FAA approval and will launch in August
SpaceX: We got FAA approval and will launch Thursday

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The thing I most like about SpaceX:
Most companies: We got FAA approval and will launch in August
SpaceX: We got FAA approval and will launch Thursday

Yeah SpaceX doesn't screw around. I think once the other rocket companies (Electron, etc) gain experience they too will work much faster. After all, time is money. 🚀

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
This was wild to watch live last night on Youtube. Glad they stayed over open fields. The professional chasers had major issues with too many inexperienced "chasers" on the roads last night. Caused a lot of unecessary back ups and even caused a few accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad