OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Did you take that picture?

Yes. This is in Cape Le Grand NP in Western Australia. Roos don't normally go onto beaches, but the ones there like to eat the seaweed that washes ashore and they seem to be very used to people. A pretty unique sight. The whole park is very beautiful.

IMG_20240315_110927870.jpg

IMG_20240315_104455979.jpg

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The picking out things for the new house has been interesting....it's going to have radiant floor heat under the subfloor. We like hickory flooring...

Lumber yard says can't put it over radiant floor heat. Did Internet searches..... results.....no ...
Next results.....yes

Called Bruce Flooring who said yes, as long as you don't turn up heat to 85 degrees....no danger there.

They have a line called Dogwood, the engineered flooring is heated and pressure treated, so it basically doubles the hardness, no dents from dog claws and no scratches

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Got to visit Stones River Battlefield yesterday. It's been a long time since I visited any Civil War sites. Went to Gettysburg many times when I lived in Maryland.

We just went through the visitor center/museum and then the self guided car tour so I didn't get the greatest pictures.

20240315_115026.jpg
20240315_121030.jpg
20240315_115647.jpg
20240315_121501.jpg
20240315_112442.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I find boiled dinner to be vile, but wanted to make something festive-ish tonight.

Went with pan seared chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots with a homemade Guinness gravy. Chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Baileys buttercream frosting for dessert.

Happy Paddy’s weekend, one and all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I find boiled dinner to be vile, but wanted to make something festive-ish tonight.

Went with pan seared chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots with a homemade Guinness gravy. Chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Baileys buttercream frosting for dessert.

Boiled dinner is vile.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

Was able to track down some gray corned beef up here in VT. I

I don't make it with the nasty goo meat but if I can find the real Boston stuff I will make it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I know it is probably just me but I find St. Patrick’s day overrated. It has just become a day for people to get sloppy drunk and act like morons.

I think it’s because I grew up with the religious aspect of the day and how we payed respect to the ancestors that were forced to flee famine and religious persecution to come to Boston.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
My daughter Is doing her taxes in the US, for the first time . She started with Turbo Tax and they ask for $118 dollars at the end. This sounds like a lot for me. Is that amount normal?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
My daughter Is doing her taxes in the US, for the first time . She started with Turbo Tax and they ask for $118 dollars at the end. This sounds like a lot for me. Is that amount normal?

I don't know. My brother-in-law, bless his heart, has used Turbo Tax to prepare my tax returns over the years. That sounds high. Do a google/bing search and ask this question. You can also try Perplexity, an AI generated search engine which is useful.

Good luck,

Death, taxes, and a blown third goal lead. :)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, TurboTax is the worst. They advertise that they're free but the fine print is if you want to claim any kind of deduction, you need the "premium" package.

I wasted an hour and a half on them once. I just do my own taxes since it's not nearly as hard as people act like, assuming you don't itemize deductions.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
My daughter Is doing her taxes in the US, for the first time . She started with Turbo Tax and they ask for $118 dollars at the end. This sounds like a lot for me. Is that amount
I usually get my taxes done for free through my local community action location - a perk of being old/retired - but I missed it during Covid. Used H&R Block....169$ for Fed/state for the 1099R form only. Never again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad