OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have developed a weakness for DiGiorno frozen pizza (Supreme), which, like most highly processed "industrial foods," is terrible for you.

Other than that, my treats can be dear (Prosciutto de Parma, pâté & foie gras, fromage of every order (aged Parmesan, blues, triple cremes, and all manner of stinky cheeses) or humble (crudité, pickles, seafood, hummus/harissa, homemade olive tapenade, Cape Cod chips).

I haven't had fast food of any kind in, literally, 30 years plus.

I'm a food snob and proud of it,

I admit it every so often I buy a DiGiorno pizza. :sueme:

Once in a great while I'll get something at a Burger King, usually a burger, fries & shake. Other than that I go to local restaurants when I want to eat out/take out.

Reactions: GordonHowe

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My only complaint is that friggin candy store they put in to stare at as you are eating. They know how to torment parents...
Yikes, I didn't even consider that. Hard to say no in that situation too, because you don't wanna start that trip with a fight

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I admit it every so often I buy a DiGiorno pizza. :sueme:

Once in a great while I'll get something at a Burger King, usually a burger, fries & shake. Other than that I go to local restaurants when I want to eat out/take out.

I'm too cheap to eat out or order in. I get together with a friend every month here in Watertown at a local bah called Donahue's. After forking over $30 plus for an indifferent Ceaser salad with shrimp or steak tips and an overpriced pint, at this point it's a side garden salad and a Guiness for $20.

I'd prefer to go elsewhere in Watertown or Cambridge, but my friend likes the drinks there and really, we get together largely to talk.

I'd love to sample some of the delicious fare in Cambridge. Even in Watertown, however, the cost of doing so is absurdly prohibitive. It's too bad.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm too cheap to eat out or order in. I get together with a friend every month here in Watertown at a local bah called Donahue's. After forking over $30 plus for an indifferent Ceaser salad with shrimp or steak tips and an overpriced pint, at this point it's a side garden salad and a Guiness for $20.

I'd prefer to go elsewhere in Watertown or Cambridge, but my friend likes the drinks there and really, we get together largely to talk.

I'd love to sample some of the delicious fare in Cambridge. Even in Watertown, however, the cost of doing so is absurdly prohibitive. It's too bad.
My neighbor and I (I live in a condex and she is on the other side) got together once a week during COVID at my house (she has only the cheapest cable and gets nothing) to watch stuff. We did all of Game of Thrones. We would order a pizza or pick up food. We still get together a couple times a month. Sunday we drove to Michael's Harborside.

There are not many restaurants in my town that are decent. I have T Bones which has good food at a decent price. Often, I go to Nashua for more options. I love Lui Lui's.

Having delivery is SO expensive. I thought I would do this more when I couldn't drive due to the hip replacement and was stuck at home...but I was not hungry.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
MEDICAL UPDATE - MGH has decided that the only way they can determine what is going on in my lungs is a biopsy which will require spending the night at Hotel MGH sometime in March.

It is what it is
That sounds unpleasant

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
MEDICAL UPDATE - MGH has decided that the only way they can determine what is going on in my lungs is a biopsy which will require spending the night at Hotel MGH sometime in March.

It is what it is

Sending you all the love, prayers, and healing. You got this.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
My neighbor and I (I live in a condex and she is on the other side) got together once a week during COVID at my house (she has only the cheapest cable and gets nothing) to watch stuff. We did all of Game of Thrones. We would order a pizza or pick up food. We still get together a couple times a month. Sunday we drove to Michael's Harborside.

There are not many restaurants in my town that are decent. I have T Bones which has good food at a decent price. Often, I go to Nashua for more options. I love Lui Lui's.

Having delivery is SO expensive. I thought I would do this more when I couldn't drive due to the hip replacement and was stuck at home...but I was not hungry.
When I lived in Townsend, MA we went to Surf a few times. Great restaurant.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I had to go back to Enterprise because they needed to put an updated registration sticker on the car. The rep asked me how I liked the car and I told her it wasn't my favorite. She said she could arrange a swap, so I'm going back tomorrow morning to do that.

The headroom in this car is basically nonexistent for someone of my height and I'm only 5' 7 ish. When I go over a speed bump I sometimes hit my head. There are six speed bumps just in my apartment complex.

Also every time you start it, the parking brake is on. I've never had a car do that. I assume there's some sort of setting to change that but who knows.

Anyway, hopefully the next car and I will get along better. :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I haven't been there yet

I had to go back to Enterprise because they needed to put an updated registration sticker on the car. The rep asked me how I liked the car and I told her it wasn't my favorite. She said she could arrange a swap, so I'm going back tomorrow morning to do that.

The headroom in this car is basically nonexistent for someone of my height and I'm only 5' 7 ish. When I go over a speed bump I sometimes hit my head. There are six speed bumps just in my apartment complex.

Also every time you start it, the parking brake is on. I've never had a car do that. I assume there's some sort of setting to change that but who knows.

Anyway, hopefully the next car and I will get along better. :laugh:
when do you get your car back?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad