OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
MEDICAL UPDATE - MGH has decided that the only way they can determine what is going on in my lungs is a biopsy which will require spending the night at Hotel MGH sometime in March.

It is what it is
Hey Fenway,
Are you doing a broncoscopy or a needle biopsy?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's weird, Richard Lewis is one of those guys who I definitely know and recognize but I honestly couldn't tell you a single show or movie of his off the top of my head (other than Curb which has been referenced here and on Twitter).

I always got him mixed up with Richard Belzer too.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
My father in law has the rona. First timer. Fortunately he feels pretty ok, mild to moderate sinus infection/flu type symptoms.

But he’s 80, which makes me nervous with any illness.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
It's weird, Richard Lewis is one of those guys who I definitely know and recognize but I honestly couldn't tell you a single show or movie of his off the top of my head (other than Curb which has been referenced here and on Twitter).

I always got him mixed up with Richard Belzer too.

I love stand-up and Lewis was also a frequent guest on Letterman in the 80s.

He also co-starred with Jamie Lee Curtis in the 90s sitcom Anything But Love.

His act centered around his apparent neurosis and hypochondria. I believe he was "in analysis" for, like, forty years. That may have been part of his routine, though.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My father in law has the rona. First timer. Fortunately he feels pretty ok, mild to moderate sinus infection/flu type symptoms.

But he’s 80, which makes me nervous with any illness.
My Dad got it at 89, he had scarred lungs and used a puffer. Incredibly all he got was a runny nose. It is so unpredictable. My DIL who is 40 had it bad several weeks ago. It is long covid that worries me the most.

I hope your FIL recovers quickly with no long term symptoms.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Shitty few days at work.

My mom dropped of a mini cake and some flowers

IMG_7986.jpeg

And my husband made a prosciutto, mozz, and arugula pizza with a balsamic glaze so I didn’t have to worry about dinner

image000000.jpeg

It’s nice to have people in your corner

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The old person's tools for cleaning out the cabinets under the kitchen sink: rolling garden cart to sit on and grabby-thingamajig to reach the stuff that got shoved all the way to the back.

Laugh if you must; I say, work smarter, not harder.

20240228_195320.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The old person's tools for cleaning out the cabinets under the kitchen sink: rolling garden cart to sit on and grabby-thingamajig to reach the stuff that got shoved all the way to the back.

Laugh if you must; I say, work smarter, not harder.

View attachment 826859

Those grabber things are great, whoever invented it was a genius :nod:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Those grabber things are great, whoever invented it was a genius :nod:
Seriously. I bought two of them when my back went out a couple years ago. I keep one at work and one at home. Use them all the time. Why not?

These even have a magnet at the end which has come in handy.

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That sounds unpleasant
Beats the alternative

My PCP signed off on this so it will be scheduled tomorrow

Subject: medication hold for IR procedure

Dear Provider,

Your patient will be undergoing a procedure (percutaneous biopsy lung) in Interventional Radiology (IR) and our guideline recommends holding their anticloclotting medication (Aspirin) for 7 days prior to this procedure per MGH Interventional Radiology Periprocedural Management for Anticlotting Medications and Coagulation Labs policy.

Is it permitted for your patient to hold their medications?

Please reply ALL to this e-mail ASAP to confirm for the IR team that this is acceptable so our admin team can move forward with scheduling the procedure. We are unable to schedule the procedure without your response.

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Al Jarreau being completely drunk and Waylon Jennings walking out over Swahili were the best parts.
Al Jarreau singing Day-o was awesome. What a character. I love how Lionel Ritchie was so nonchalant about Jennings walking.

I think my favorite part was Stevie Wonder and Bob Dylan.

It was sad to see just how many people on that record are gone. So many legends.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The wind has been brutal here too and it dropped from +12C yesterday morning to -16C with the windchill this morning. It was recycling day too....what a mess.

On the positive side, my father had lots of Folio Society books that we wanted to get rid of (kept some, like LOTR). Most were WWI, WW2, Roman Empire, etc. We found a great used book store in Guelph and they bought all of them off us. Small victory and some extra cash in our pockets.

The hardest things to find homes for are the collectibles and china. No one seems to want that stuff anymore.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m still working up in the Maine mountains and last night was like a hurricane here. I felt like one of the three little pigs in his house of sticks. I couldn’t sleep - and I can sleep through ANYTHING.

I suppose I was also a little rattled because I hit a deer on the way back to camp after dinner out with the guys. It ran right in front of me and I had ZERO time to react. That really sucked. The truck is drivable and just needs a new bumper I think, but the deer was not so fortunate. :(

It’s 4 degrees Fahrenheit without the wind chill, and the locks to the gates are frozen solid. Don’t think there’s going to be any work today. The Local 567 contract states that in a situation such as this, we will be paid 2 hours for showing up, and will be released. So today won’t be a total loss.

Looking forward to a pancake breakfast with my union brothers once the foreman realizes today is a lost cause. He’s stubborn, but might have some sense. The wind chill is like -15 F here, and we work outside. Even though we’re dressed for winter weather, how productive does he really think today will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad