Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

giphy.gif

What do we know about NOLAN PATRICK?

Timothy Liljegren.

Lock3Boys

Aug 16, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Don't tell him that. Now he'll start saying to F the Pegulas...

Seriously, let's look at what to do now. Move Reinhart to the middle of that line with Kane and put Fasching in his place on RW?

Terry and Kim have too much equity with me, but since you mentioned it maybe I should reconsider. :)

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
That's the look of a man who had Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin carry him to a contract.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Thank you for making me chuckle JJ, some of what I wrote is obviously tongue in cheek, but man this sucks.

They still need to find a way to compete for a playoff spot, I will take back my Disco hatred if he finds a way minus one of his best players.

Silver lining is maybe Samson will get a legit look at center.

I knew you were just venting.

It definitely sucks and we'll know soon enough how much

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Calling it now:

Reinhart moves to center and plays so well that Bylsma doesn't consider him back at wing.

Reinhart and O'Reilly look like a reasonable substitute for Krejci and Bergeron, and the Sabres are the surprise story of the first half of the season.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I hope they are cautious with Eichel. Playoffs this year would be nice, but Eichel is supposed to be they guy for the next decade plus. Do not rush him back, this season isn't that important in the big picture.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Calling it now:

Reinhart moves to center and plays so well that Bylsma doesn't consider him back at wing.

Reinhart and O'Reilly look like a reasonable substitute for Krejci and Bergeron, and the Sabres are the surprise story of the first half of the season.

Fingers crossed, but I fear RoR is gonna get burnt out by mid-season again with Eichel out.

Last edited:

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
What's ironic about this is that I could argue the best power play unit the Sabres could put out are all hurt right now :laugh:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FFS, of course it had to be Eichel. I'll hold my breath until the afternoon medical details leak out though. Regardless of the injury time-frame here, they'll have to adapt to life post-Eichel and can still trot out ROR and Reinhart as top-six centers. This just puts more scoring pressure on the underachieving guys from years past, mainly Ennis, Girgensons, and Moulson in particular, and hopefully this doesn't mean Bylsma rides ROR into the ground again either. Expecting one of the young wingers to come in and make a consistent scoring impact is too wishful and unfair at these stages of their development as well.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Sorry guys, that's awful. I had high (relatively) hopes for the Sabres this year. I hope it's not as bad as it looked.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I am surprisingly circumspect about this news.

Take a few deep breaths everyone. As long as the injury doesn't cause any permanent damage, this is not a big deal in the long term.

This is not the season we were going to win a Cup in any event. Think big picture. We have Eichel and ROR and Okposo and Kulikov on long-term deals. They'll all be Sabres for many years. Whether they spend part of this season injured is not so significant in the grand scheme of things.

It sucks that Eichel is injured. But silver lining is that Fasching or Bailey (or maybe even Nylander) will get more ice time, which will help their development. And this is an opportunity for Reinhart to take on more of a leadership role.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I am surprisingly circumspect about this news.

Take a few deep breaths everyone. As long as the injury doesn't cause any permanent damage, this is not a big deal in the long term.

This is not the season we were going to win a Cup in any event. Think big picture. We have Eichel and ROR and Okposo and Kulikov on long-term deals. They'll all be Sabres for many years. Whether they spend part of this season injured is not so significant in the grand scheme of things.

It sucks that Eichel is injured. But silver lining is that Fasching or Bailey (or maybe even Nylander) will get more ice time, which will help their development. And this is an opportunity for Reinhart to take on more of a leadership role.

Not yet

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
FFS, of course it had to be Eichel. I'll hold my breath until the afternoon medical details leak out though. Regardless of the injury time-frame here, they'll have to adapt to life post-Eichel and can still trot out ROR and Reinhart as top-six centers. This just puts more scoring pressure on the underachieving guys from years past, mainly Ennis, Girgensons, and Moulson in particular, and hopefully this doesn't mean Bylsma rides ROR into the ground again either. Expecting one of the young wingers to come in and make a consistent scoring impact is too wishful and unfair at these stages of their development as well.

Trying to talk myself away from the edge. Remember when we didn't have any centers? Life can always be worse.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
The worst part about this is that everyone now has an excuse. Everything comes to a stand still because they can't properly evaluate the team. It's almost surely a lost season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad