Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
hopefully this is just a sprained ankle

ACL would be completely awful, he would be out the entire year most likely. At least its not the knee, bc that would be career threatening

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
hopefully this is just a sprained ankle

ACL would be completely awful, he would be out the entire year most likely. At least its not the knee, bc that would be career threatening

Bylsma said its an ankle

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
High ankle sprains take a long time to heal from.
Yeah if it's a high sprain this isn't just a few weeks like some have said. It's a month until he's even on that foot again. And he will be skating at half speed until next season. High sprains are one of those things you can play on but will nag you for the rest of the season. The silver lining is that Eichel is a straight line player and doesn't have much side to side movement in his game.

JOVIS*

:cry:Sabs season just went all....

253777-Bmx-Failure.gif

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
Don't understand why Nylander isn't starting the season. who cares if he isn't ready, as if this team is playoff bound

were gunning for another top 5 pick. let the kids play

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Don't understand why Nylander isn't starting the season. who cares if he isn't ready, as if this team is playoff bound

An injury doesn't mean you go into tank mode. This team has to get better and start winning...with or without Eichel.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan

None of what you just said is true.

Even if it were, why rush a player that isn't remotely ready?

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Looks very similar to the injury Lehner sustained at the start of last season. Hopefully Eichel isn't out anywhere near as long as Lehner was.

Man, I feel like I just got punched in the gut.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I think we can all agree if Tim Murray did his job then Zemgus Girgensons would be asleep in Anaheim right now and this whole thing would have been avoided.

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
An injury doesn't mean you go into tank mode. This team has to get better and start winning...with or without Eichel.

No one said go into tank mode. Eichel is easily our 2nd most important player, maybe most important

this is an entirely different team without him. they can try as hard as they want to win games but i still see a bottom 10 finish in the league. this team isn't ready to compete

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Looks very similar to the injury Lehner sustained at the start of last season. Hopefully Eichel isn't out anywhere near as long as Lehner was.

Man, I feel like I just got punched in the gut.

Bright side is Eichel is in tremendous shape.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No one said go into tank mode. Eichel is easily our 2nd most important player, maybe most important

this is an entirely different team without him. they can try as hard as they want to win games but i still see a bottom 10 finish in the league. this team isn't ready to compete

You don't deal with adversity very well

Lock3Boys

Aug 16, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I think we can all agree if Tim Murray did his job then Zemgus Girgensons would be asleep in Anaheim right now and this whole thing would have been avoided.

Hate to say it, but this entered my mind as soon as I heard he was involved. Not his fault, but my rational thinking brain just quit on me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad