Injury Report: Eichel suffers high ankle sprain in Oct 12th practice; out 6-8 weeks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kennerdell

Nov 11, 2015
Maryland
So have we heard any specifics as to the type of injury and length to return?

Meeting with doctors right now I am sure. Won't get anything leaked until this afternoon. Honestly one of the best case scenarios is a clean break over a high ankle. High ankle and you can kiss 3 months goodbye.

But maybe. Just maybe. there is nothing wrong at all and he can go tomorrow. That is the winning powerball scenario

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
Amputation scheduled for tonight.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyway, the fact that he went down on his own might indicate he had some sort of stress fracture to begin with. Maybe.

edit:

I don't see how it can be a broken ankle with all of the support those skates give. If it's a knee injury, MCL could be weeks to months, ACL will be a year, no playoffs.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anyway, the fact that he went down on his own might indicate he had some sort of stress fracture to begin with. Maybe.

edit:

I don't see how it can be a broken ankle with all of the support those skates give. If it's a knee injury, MCL could be weeks to months, ACL will be a year, no playoffs.

It's his ankle. Not his knee.

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
Leaf fan here. I hope Eichel is not seriously hurt. Looking forward to renewing the rivalry.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada

This is what I noticed after watching the video a few times.

That's downright freaky.

I hope it's not as bad as it looks, because I was supposed to sit on my ass for 6 weeks when I had something happen to me that didn't look quite that bad. Doctor got so pissed off that I was on crutches after 3 weeks, but I was going insane having nothing to do.

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL
Fingers crossed its not as bad as it looks...

Although if it isn't, Eichel may look like a pansy. I would be ok with that, for the record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad