Player Discussion: Ehlers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Other Ehlers-ish style NHL players seems to harden/adjust their games somewhat come playoff time. Manage to accumulate some " ugly points" . Ehlers doesn't seem too as much. Still think he can be a key contributor in playoff run under the right circumstances. But we haven't seen it yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: surixon

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As much as i like Ehlers, looking at our defense now with Heinola out for who knows how long, maybe trying to get a good defenseman for Ehlers is the way to go. Take a chance with both Lambert and Chibrikov .

Reactions: Dirtbag151

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As much as i like Ehlers, looking at our defense now with Heinola out for who knows how long, maybe trying to get a good defenseman for Ehlers is the way to go. Take a chance with both Lambert and Chibrikov .

You likely don't get that for fly with one year left on his deal. I think he would have been dealt by now if anyone was willing to part with a good top 4 RD.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
You think our D is that much better with Ville in? What do you base that on?
Ville is a bubble Dman - he's not a key pce that makes or breaks our blueline

Reactions: Bigfish

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You think our D is that much better with Ville in? What do you base that on?
Ville is a bubble Dman - he's not a key pce that makes or breaks our blueline
No i just was adding him to our shaky defense i think we may have right now. Honestly i have no idea if Heinola would help because he hasn't played at the NHL level enough.

Reactions: LowLefty

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
You likely don't get that for fly with one year left on his deal. I think he would have been dealt by now if anyone was willing to part with a good top 4 RD.
I don't think the Jets are necessarily looking at that right now. Neal Pionk and Dylan Samberg are going to get a chance to prove themselves this year as top 4 d-men. If they do well expect extensions for both. If this team does poorly, expect Pionk to get moved at the deadline, Ehlers too, and then look at prospective d-man in a trade, I'd say. If the team does well, with Yager having a good camp so far, maybe they stick him in the middle, and move Lambert to the wing to replace Ehlers speed next season. Let Ehlers walk.

A forward group of

Connor-Scheif-Vilardi
Perfetti-Yager-Lambert
Barron-Lowry-Appleton
Nino-Gus-Chibrikov/Torgersson

doesn't seem terrible.

A good development year from Salomonsson and maybe you are looking at Stanley-Salomonsson, competing with Heinola-Miller for 3rd pairing ice time.

Ehlers and Pionk are two players that have a lot to prove this year. I'd say Vilardi and Samberg too, with new contracts on the horizon. Connor and Lowry are key pieces that could be extended in the offseason, so they have a lot on the line as well.

Reactions: Roughneck1

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
What does Ehlers pull down on a trade at the deadline this year when the Jets find themselves on the outside looking in…..

Pionk as well to a lesser extent.

Jets curse of following 1 good season with a bad one…

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
What does Ehlers pull down on a trade at the deadline this year when the Jets find themselves on the outside looking in…..

Ehlers: 1st and B prospect
Pionk: maybe 2nd and 4th?

If we're put of it at the deadline, it means that likely one of these two had a bad season which would affect their value

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Maybe Trouba .

aladeen-news-doctor.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I’ve thought all along the Jets would have traded Ehlers around the draft and free agency period if the plan was trade him. I think Chevy now presses to get a deal done. If no luck they ride with him and try to a deal done along the way or after the season. If we are sellers at the TDL I think we move him but use as an own rental if we are in a playoff position.

Reactions: Buffdog

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

ehlers; maybe around a 1st+B prospect, perhaps another lower end future pick. supply of fwds at the TDL is usually high though. so tough to say.

pionk: depends on the season. points and TOI get you value. he gets TOI, is not really the 0.5 PPG+ Dman of years past, and is closer to a 30pt range, which is still not terrible. maybe a conditional 1st based on how far the acquiring team goes? RHD is usually on the other end of the supply scale compared to Fwds.

color me shocked ( :sarcasm: ) that ehlers is still on this team to start the year. time and time again, Chevy goes into the year with the UFA-1s still on the roster. last year it was dillon and demelo. this year ehlers, pionk, iafallo, names. but for some reason lots on HF think it's custom for the Jets to moving UFA-1s out of the line-up in the off-season when that's been far from reality given their history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad