Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Lol. Those clips don't mean what you think they do. Also why are Oilers fans still chirping in this thread? You beat the Canucks, move on to your current series.

Reactions: sanscosm

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Who’s whining? overall was a good hockey series. 6 close games that came down to the wire, couldn’t ask for more.

Oiler fan was one who brought up the regular season
To be fair. Canucks fans consistently brought up 4-0 right before and during series as smack talk.

Now they don't seem to want to talk or remember that. So yes... we'll consistently bring it up now.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Gonna have to beat Edmonton or Vegas to get out of the Pacific anyways, might as well be excited for it.
Sounds fun to me. Vancouver is very unlikely to improve their team in the offseason. Have to choose to re-sign or let walk a few guys who overperformed. Huge minefield to navigate.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Sounds fun to me. Vancouver is very unlikely to improve their team in the offseason. Have to choose to re-sign or let walk a few guys who overperformed. Huge minefield to navigate.

The Allvin team has been really good at pro scouting, looking forward to seeing who they come up with.

Mikheyev has been the only real pro miss and he got pretty injured.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Overperformed! Unsustainable! PDO! Shooting %!!! That's literally you all year. Was fun . Would do agian.

If you watch his fights, Zadorov is the Zach Stortini of Hal Gills. Joshua got destroyed by a 40 year old Mark Giordano. Not super surprising neither of them wanted to go with anyone.

Nurse got beat up by Horvat. No one is scared of the 9.25 million $ pylon.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Overperformed! Unsustainable! PDO! Shooting %!!! That's literally you all year. Was fun .
And it's true. Too bad the Canucks couldn't ride their pixie dust any further. You'll see the fall next season. Just wait.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Overperformed! Unsustainable! PDO! Shooting %!!! That's literally you all year. Was fun . Would do agian.

Nurse got beat up by Horvat. No one is scared of the 9.25 million $ pylon.
Did we watch the same series? Outshot and outplayed for 5/7 games and given 2 wins by horrific goaltending. You lose in 5 in most simulations. Have a fun offseason, it was fun beating another Canadian team in the Playoffs

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Did we watch the same series? Outshot and outplayed for 5/7 games and given 2 wins by horrific goaltending. You lose in 5 in most simulations. Have a fun offseason, it was fun beating another Canadian team in the Playoffs
First of all I agree that Oilers deserved to win as they did push the play for most of the series. However I'd probably chill with the bravado of beating them with their 3rd string goalie and taking game 7 by a goal. Oilers are a bounce or two from losing the series themselves even though they played better. Good luck moving forward hope we see a great series as it's been so far.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
First of all I agree that Oilers deserved to win as they did push the play for most of the series. However I'd probably chill with the bravado of beating them with their 3rd string goalie and taking game 7 by a goal. Oilers are a bounce or two from losing the series themselves even though they played better. Good luck moving forward hope we see a great series as it's been so far.
bravado or annoyance? Some of you need to learn to take the L and move on instead of commenting on every Oiler thread crying about the refs or injuries and saying we are going to get swept by Dallas.

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
bravado or annoyance? Some of you need to learn to take the L and move on instead of commenting on every Oiler thread crying about the refs or injuries and saying we are going to get swept by Dallas.
Can't speak for anyone else but your fan base has plenty of annoying folks yourself. Only responding to you because read plenty of your posts and your usually very level headed. Good luck moving forward I'm not crying about anything series is over and you guys did play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad