Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
The amount of cockiness from oilers fan when their team just escaped vs a banged up Canucks team with some key injuries is comical. Once boeser was injured I accepted that they probably lose, how many teams make a deep run with their number 1 goalie and leading goal scorer out? I can’t really recall any
Every team is banged up. Silovs played outstanding by giving you starter level goaltending and Demko coming off of two injuries wasn’t going to suddenly be the solution. Everyone is super happy for you guys that you led the series and got to game 7 but the whining needs to stop.

The better team won and the losing team was lucky it went to 7 with Skinner giving them some freebies.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
It is just criminal that all the predictions and Vegas odds were heavily in Edmonton favour before Demko even got hurt. So all and sundry who picked Edm to win are taking a victory lap. Leaving out the little detail that the 2nd or 3rd best player on Vancouver's team never started a game.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Not too sure how anyone can say the canucks deserved to win that series seeing as for the last 4 games of the series they had the lead for like 30 seconds when they pulled off the last minute game 5 win.
Cognitive dissonance. Credit them for taking advantage of their chances but that was about as lopsided a 7 game series as you'll see.

Reactions: WEMCHUD

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It is just criminal that all the predictions and Vegas odds were heavily in Edmonton favour before Demko even got hurt. So all and sundry who picked Edm to win are taking a victory lap. Leaving out the little detail that the 2nd or 3rd best player on Vancouver's team never started a game.
Silovs was really solid in the playoffs, probably better than Demko would had been.

The Nucks did not lose the series because Demko got injured.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What does the JT in JT Miller stand for anyways? Does it stand for Perimeter Shooter? Oh wait, wrong letters nvm.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Silovs was really solid in the playoffs, probably better than Demko would had been.

The Nucks did not lose the series because Demko got injured.

Silovs had good moments, but he had a SV% of .898 and a GAA of 2.91. To say that a Vezina calibur goalie couldn't take the Canucks past Edmonton is silly when the series had 6 one goal games.

Reactions: nucks88

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Much has been said about the loss of Pettersson’s smile. But still, no one knows why. Is it possible that psycho JT Miller is too hard on him?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Silovs had good moments, but he had a SV% of .898 and a GAA of 2.91. To say that a Vezina calibur goalie couldn't take the Canucks past Edmonton is silly when the series had 6 one goal games.
Silovs stole 2 of those games for the Nucks, and they also won one despite the goaltending. How many games do you think Demko would had won by himself?

But yea, I get it, Demko would had stole the series exactly how Helly stole one for the Jets... That's what Vezina caliber goalies do....

At the end of the day, Silovs did not lose the Nucks any game, and if I am not mistaken his save percentage was similar to Demko's SV% since February... And Demko missed a lot of games before the playoffs started, expecting him to be in his Hasek form would be unrealistical, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nostradumbass

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
The amount of cockiness from oilers fan when their team just escaped vs a banged up Canucks team with some key injuries is comical. Once boeser was injured I accepted that they probably lose, how many teams make a deep run with their number 1 goalie and leading goal scorer out? I can’t really recall any
Boeser was out for one game while Demko's replacement was your best player that series. It's a loser mentality to just blame and overstate injuries. Every team has injuries and it's not exclusive to your team.
You should write to the people that calculate the Vegas odds and give them a piece of your mind. That would really show them.

It's great to see Canucks fans still active in these threads. They seem to be taking the loss really well.

Reactions: Kerberos

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Silovs stole 2 of those games for the Nucks, and they also won one despite the goaltending. How many games do you think Demko would had won by himself?

But yea, I get it, Demko would had stole the series exactly how Helly stole one for the Jets... That's what Vezina caliber goalies do....

At the end of the day, Silovs did not lose the Nucks any game, and if I am not mistaken his save percentage was similar to Demko's SV% since February... And Demko missed a lot of games before the playoffs started, expecting him to be in his Hasek form would be unrealistical, wouldn't it?

Silovs didn't lose the Canucks any games but Demko could have won another. The Canucks won the games they should have.

As for Demko missing time, he came in cold to Covid playoffs and mental boomed Vegas so hard they lost to Dallas.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Silovs didn't lose the Canucks any games but Demko could have won another. The Canucks won the games they should have.

As for Demko missing time, he came in cold to Covid playoffs and mental boomed Vegas so hard they lost to Dallas.
Yes, Demko could had won another one, or lose another one or two...Most likely both. Who knows.

And I was wondering how long before someone brings up a three game sample from 4 years ago, didn't take too long ;)

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Yes, Demko could had won another one, or lose another one or two...Most likely both. Who knows.

And I was wondering how long before someone brings up a three game sample from 4 years ago, didn't take too long ;)

Shrug, seemed relevant because it's happened before.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I think the fact that the Nucks have a literal statue to immortalize a time they complained about the refs means they are in the upper tier of most sensitive franchises.

Florida Panthers have a box dedicated to him and the Ottawa Senators Foundation have Roger Neilson House. Not to mention the large amount of teams that wave towels in the playoffs in honour of the trend set by Neilson. Not to mention the number of rules in the NHL that owe their existence to Neilson as well.

Thanks for proving my point that Oilers are sensitive though.

McPoyle

Start breaking bricks wet nips
Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Florida Panthers have a box dedicated to him and the Ottawa Senators Foundation have Roger Neilson House. Not to mention the large amount of teams that wave towels in the playoffs in honour of the trend set by Neilson. Not to mention the number of rules in the NHL that owe their existence to Neilson as well.

Thanks for proving my point that Oilers are sensitive though.
None of those other teams have a statue immortalizing him complaining to the refs. Thanks though.

Nielson was a very influential figure in hockey history, its telling that the Nucks chose that of all moments to remember him by.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think the fact that the Oilers have a literal statue to immortalize a time before they had to sell Gretzky means they are in the upper tier of most sensitive franchises.
It’s fun to spin things

maybe the Canucks can hang a banner inside empty Rogers arena, right beside the "swept the Oilers in the regular season" banner

it's over...move on
Want a got swept in regular season banner? No one is talking about regular season, perhaps time to move on from it?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Stop whining about regular season and playoffs

Kings got knocked out 3 straight years to McDavid u don't see me crying

Enjoy the McDavid/Draisatl show!!!
Who’s whining? overall was a good hockey series. 6 close games that came down to the wire, couldn’t ask for more.

Oiler fan was one who brought up the regular season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad