Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
You cannot just assume demko would have made a lot of those epic saves silovs made. That's now how it works. Maybe he stops others silovs let's in, but it's not just this black and white

Hell, he didn't even look good in his one game. He made that nice cross crease stop but Nashville took the lead. Vancouver did what they did alot of. Two quick goals to take the lead
I am not assuming anything. But if you asked Vancouver fans if we would rather go into a series against the favored Oilers with McDavid and Draisitil on the ice every second shift, with our Vezina finalist or our 3rd string goalie with 5 games NHL experience who do you think we would pick??

Demko didnt look good?. Looked fine to me , had his usual save % of 9.17 in his one playoff game. Silovs gave us 8.98 goaltending in these playoffs.

Demko is better and it is not real close

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I am not assuming anything. But if you asked Vancouver fans if we would rather go into a series against the favored Oilers with McDavid and Draisitil on the ice every second shift, with our Vezina finalist or our 3rd string goalie with 5 games NHL experience who do you think we would pick??

Demko didnt look good?. Looked fine to me , had his usual save % of 9.17 in his one playoff game. Silovs gave us 8.98 goaltending in these playoffs.

The Canucks decided to leave the chat long before the game was over and left Sieveos all alone out there. For shame.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
As I said Silovs had a save % of 8.98. That is not Thatcher Demko level goaltending.

Lol spare me on the claims of McDavid and Draisitil being so hurt. They are so hurt they play 28 minutes every game. Laughable.

Every team has multiple players with bumps and bruises. That IS the playoffs. The Oilers have had zero all star level players miss a single game in these playoffs like the Canucks and Stars have. Your players are not missing any games.
Womp womp

Reactions: dss97 and PuckG

TheOrangeDesk

May 27, 2015
As I said Silovs had a save % of 8.98. That is not Thatcher Demko level goaltending.

Lol spare me on the claims of McDavid and Draisitil being so hurt. They are so hurt they play 28 minutes every game. Laughable.

Every team has multiple players with bumps and bruises. That IS the playoffs. The Oilers have had zero all star level players miss a single game in these playoffs like the Canucks and Stars have. Your players are not missing any games.
Didn't silov have a better sv% than demko in round 1?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I think Vancouver just ran out of gas don't care who they had in game 7 they looked atrocious. They wake up after that oiler giveaway. Nothing before. Game 6 same

One thing I always complimented Vancouver on was how hard they worked in the regular season. I said it many times on the Edmonton board

These guys played every game like it was the playoffs. I said watch them burn out come playoff time

They were like some rookie at training camp who is going balls to the wall while most guys are going 60%

Its like drai. Alot of us said he looks kinda lazy in regular season games. Come crunch time he looked great. Like he added a jump to his step

To me Canucks didn't have any elevation. They used it all up in the reg season and didn't look any better come the playoffs
Vancouver definetly brought it. The Stars series was such a let down after the hockey the Oilers- Canucks gave us, punishing, hard hitting, aggressive hockey. I give them tons of respect and the again I don't understand why Canucks fan belittle it, they played well.

I definitely called Drai lazy during the regular season. I still think he is, it's good he is able to elevate his game, but there was a long stretch in the season where the playoffs weren't guaranteed for us and I wanted more out of him. Can't ask more of him now, he has brought it this playoffs. Great player.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Demko also didn’t play against the oilers. His only game was against the e preds

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Maybe don't make injury prone goalies your starter. Just bad management by the Nucks. Set up to fail.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Again, you don't get to play the injury card on players who are so hurt they are on the ice 28 minutes a night. So hurt they lead the NHL in playoff scoring and ice time of any forwards.

When players are not in your line up for crucial games, then you actually have an injury problem.

A few games without one 34 year old bottom 6 player you picked up at the deadline doesn't really move the needle.
The funny thing is the Canucks looked hurt or tires alot. Once they got a goal, they looked like the healthiest team alive. They just didn't have that jam and consistency

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
The funny thing is the Canucks looked hurt or tires alot. Once they got a goal, they looked like the healthiest team alive. They just didn't have that jam and consistency
Happens when the team is just opening up their cup contending window. Now everyone has their first taste of real playoffs. Winning the division out of nowhere and going to game 7 in rnd 2 with this unproven roster is actually the new management flexing. That is the most encouraging part for long time fans, and beyond their wildest dreams. Strong management down to coaching is a really cost effective way to gain an extended window to contend. That is something Vancouver was without for 10 long years. I trust that the consistency will be there with such a strong force behind the booth/bench.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Happens when the team is just opening up their cup contending window. Now everyone has their first taste of real playoffs. Winning the division out of nowhere and going to game 7 in rnd 2 with this unproven roster is actually the new management flexing. That is the most encouraging part for long time fans, and beyond their wildest dreams. Strong management down to coaching is a really cost effective way to gain an extended window to contend. That is something Vancouver was without for 10 long years. I trust that the consistency will be there with such a strong force behind the booth/bench.
How many years have Miller demko Hughes Petey Boeser been in the league

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
They’ve only had a competent coach and GM for about 1 season. Unless you think coaching doesn’t matter or roster composition outside of 5 players doesn’t matter?
It's not about coaching. It's about tenure. You cant turn back age. Unfortunately for Vancouver, Edmonton will always be in their way ala Calgary Edmonton in the 1980s. Or Vegas

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
How many years have Miller demko Hughes Petey Boeser been in the league
It's not about coaching. It's about tenure. You cant turn back age. Unfortunately for Vancouver, Edmonton will always be in their way ala Calgary Edmonton in the 1980s. Or Vegas
do you not understand what a contention window is? the core of the afformentioned will be productive during this window, there are at least 2 top prospects that could fold into this group. all signed to contracts that they can live up to within reasonable measure. this is the beginning of said window.

Age?? Just like how you guys have to wait for the Ekholm trade to have a usable defense, and then for his presence to snowball into actually having a functional top pairing with Bouchard. It doesnt matter that this is McDavid's 9th year, or the last year of affordability for Draisaitl(10th?), tenure has no bearing on chance to actually advance in the playoffs. If Drai leaves, edm's window shuts. Ekholm is how old? see how much still depends on him. Coaching and management is the reason any team can have a sustained period of relevance in a cap world.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Vancouver definetly brought it. The Stars series was such a let down after the hockey the Oilers- Canucks gave us, punishing, hard hitting, aggressive hockey. I give them tons of respect and the again I don't understand why Canucks fan belittle it, they played well.

I definitely called Drai lazy during the regular season. I still think he is, it's good he is able to elevate his game, but there was a long stretch in the season where the playoffs weren't guaranteed for us and I wanted more out of him. Can't ask more of him now, he has brought it this playoffs. Great player.
The Stars series just felt like some casual regular season games in November. Game 6 was the only one that felt like a playoff game to me

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Post like this are so cringe. "Demko would not have made a difference over your no experience 3rd string ahl goalie. But on the other hand if we had Pickard this would have been a sweep." Something must be in the water.
Skinner shit the bed two games plus Edmonton outplayed Canucks and held them to an average of 20 shots.

Should have could have. If silovs doesn't play like Hasek in so many games, Edmonton wins in a sweep tbh

With demko? 5/6 game max for Edmonton

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm and Regal

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Skinner shit the bed two games plus Edmonton outplayed Canucks and held them to an average of 20 shots.

Should have could have. If silovs doesn't play like Hasek in so many games, Edmonton wins in a sweep tbh

With demko? 5/6 game max for Edmonton
Man you are delusional as hell. You honestly think a top 3 goalie in the league wouldn't have done better than a rookie ahl goalie.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Man you are delusional as hell. You honestly think a top 3 goalie in the league wouldn't have done better than a rookie ahl goalie.
He didn't look good to me against Nashville game 1. He's also injury prone. Let's stop talking about this guy like he's some final boss that nobody can beat. Skinner has already got his team farther than this guy.

Demko will be on the IR at least twice next year

But hey, you guys will always have "3rd stringer and no Boeser" for the next decade to hang on I guess

Last edited:

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
He didn't look good to me against Nashville game 1. He's also injury prone. Let's stop talking about this guy like he's some final boss that nobody can beat. Skinner has already got his team farther than this guy.

Demko will be on the IR at least twice next year

But hey, you guys will always have "3rd stringer and no Boeser" for the next decade to hang on I guess
Yep. Delusional. Whatever helps ya feel smart. "Skinner is so bad . Pickard is better . Next sentence . Skinner has gotten us to the finals. He is better than Demko." Which one is it.

If you cant comprehend that the 3-5 best goalie in the league isn't better than a rookie Silovs then you are hopeless.

I'm not here beating the drum that if we had Demko we would have won like you guys who say you would have won in 4-5 with Pickard. I'm just calling out the stupidity that Demko would have been no better the Silovs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad