RFA/UFA Decisions???

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which players, with NHL experience, should the Kings not bother resigning before next season ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
  • A. Carl Grundstrom - Trade
  • B. Blake Lizotte - Trade
  • C. Cam Talbot - Let walk
  • D. Arthur Kaliyev - Trade
  • E. Viktor Arvidsson - Let walk
  • F. Matt Roy - Let walk
  • G. Trevor Lewis - Let walk
  • H. Jordan Spence - Kings will re-sign
  • I. Pheonix Copley - 50/50
  • J. Aaron Dell - 50/50
  • K. TJ Tynan - Re-sign for Ontario
  • L. Mikhail Maltsev - Russia
  • M. Steven Santini - Let walk
  • N. Hayden Hodgson - Let walk - Lawrence can replace him.
  • O. Kevin Connauton - Re-sign for Ontario

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Grundstrom doesn’t check for a bottom 6 player. And for that reason playa you have no spot on the team if I was gm. A total zero impact player for the bottom 6. Lizzo I ran defense for for a bit, but he also is not a playoff player as well, neither is Lewis.

Roy doesn’t even know how to play defense near the crease at all. I wish we could have offloaded him for something of value since I think his value is way higher than it should be.

Fan favorite Arvidsson is unimpressive as a whole and he’s a midget who chokes in the playoffs. He can go too.

I know Trevor Moore isn’t on here but he could f*** off too

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Mods - time for an offseason thread, that encompasses free agents and acquisitions?

Nice to see the cap go to 88M.
Good and bad....it should be all good.
Why bad? Bad is that the agents will get greedy...and I read that Roy's agent was meeting
with Bluc....scary. I hope that the Kings are ready to actually DO the uncomfortable things as Blake said and that would be to get uncomfortable by telling Roy's agent "we are set at RHD for the next 3 years...and better than ANY position...so, we want to thank Matt for his services and his valued time here, in the organization. We feel we would like to help Matt in moving his rights to a team he would be agreeable to play for....can you put that forth to him? At least 6 teams? We''ll do our best to accommodate him" There. That was uncomfortable. Was it cold? That's life in most all walks of life. But it's the truth and Matt is going to get 5+ million, so don't feel he got screwed. Please. the Kings: Doughty, Clarke and Spence is the best position the Kings have right now. They need a #1 goalie, Arvidsson's replacement and IDEALLY a #1 LHD. And at least 1 bonafide line 4 monster that is under 28 and can skate 10 minutes and one to be reckoned with. One that can drop the gloves, hit and play physical. But never be a detriment.

So, with 88 million? What do the capologists forecast?
What trade? (besides Arty)
What signing(s)
Who is the goalie?
Who replaces Arvy? (I suppose they can try to get him on a 2 yr, 4.5 M, but I'd rather move on and get a healthy, 26-29 yr old that has some upside still. 2 back surgeries are enough for me. Love the player, but he's 31 and down trending.

Gawd, I hope that agents are not raising prices. Heard the Kings may be interested in Toffoli...not the worst idea, unless he's getting 6 mil for 4 years retirement deal. NO WAY. If that's the way things are going, get a 27-29 yr old and no 6+ year deals.

Finally. SO MUCH hinges on QB's deal, to see what the Kings can do. Breakout year? Yes. But 20 goals and 35 assists is not massive. It's a great step, but he should do 2 years at 5.5? and bet on himself for the monster deal, the year Kopi is gone. This would help the Kings upgrade this yr and next....Provorov's 2 mil drops off after this year as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
So who do we want on these llists?

2024 UFA Projections

2024 RFA Projections

LA Kings RFA projection's Via the above.

Quinton ByfieldLW22LAKTop-50 Free Agent
Carl GrundstromLW27LAK$2.00M x 4
$1.85M x 3
$1.65M x 2
$1.30M x 1
Arthur KaliyevLW23LAK$1.50M x 2
$0.87M x 1
Blake LizotteC27LAK$2.50M x 4
$2.33M x 3
$2.10M x 2
$1.68M x 1
Jordan SpenceRD23LAK$2.33M x 3
$1.60M x 2
$0.81M x 1
Alex TurcotteC23LAK<$1.00M x 1/2

Last edited:

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com

2024 UFA Projections

2024 RFA Projections

$1.85M x 3
$1.65M x 2
$1.30M x 1
$0.87M x 1
$2.33M x 3
$2.10M x 2
$1.68M x 1
$1.60M x 2
$0.81M x 1
Assuming these are close estimates, I'd go with the cheapest options usually one year.

Except I would try to scrape together ASMAP for Byfield ASLAP.

And Roy LT for savings

Roy 4.5 X 8 estimate.

That's around10.16 for everyone except QB and another goaltender and anyone else acquired.

The caveat being what Blake is able to do at the draft, aside from drafting.

I don't think he will be able to do much at a fair market value so he may have to have a semi fire sale to create space for guys like Akil and Turcote who can be

poached on waivers next season.

Last edited:

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
Assuming these are close estimates, I'd go with the cheapest options usually one year.

Except I would try to scrape together ASMAP for Byfield ASLAP.

And Roy LT for savings

Roy 4.5 X 8 estimate.

That's around10.16 for everyone except QB and another goaltender and anyone else acquired.

The caveat being what Blake is able to do at the draft, aside from drafting.

I don't think he will be able to do much at a fair market value so he may have to have a semi fire sale to create space for guys like Akil and Turcote who can be

poached on waivers next season.
No on Roy, stop blocking the kids

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
lol you guys......

The most voted player to keep is Trevor Lewis.
I don't know what to say anymore.

Never mind..... i read the survey wrong

• Haha

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002

2024 UFA Projections

2024 RFA Projections

$1.85M x 3
$1.65M x 2
$1.30M x 1
$0.87M x 1
$2.33M x 3
$2.10M x 2
$1.68M x 1
$1.60M x 2
$0.81M x 1
Byfield is the priority. Just get him signed.

Grundstum is so hot and cold I only go 1 year.

Kaliyev needs to be re-signed. If they can get him at that 1 year deal its a no brainer. I think he goes at the draft to move up a bit in the first or for more picks in the 2nd and lower.

Lizotte has to go. not paying 2 mil for an undersized 4th liner when I can pay that much for 2 players.

I wasn't as high on Spence as others until playoffs and man did he up his game. If we get him at 3 x 2.33 that's a steal, If it takes him to UFA do the 2 year deal at 1.6 million, still a steal.

Turcotte at 2 years at a mill is a bargain. If he stays healthy I am hoping for big things.

Roy should have been traded at the deadline to re-coup picks. If we re-sign him now that is just shooting ourselves in the foot. Brant Clarke at a million replaces Roy. The other 4 million it would have taken to re-sign Roy is better used elsewhere.

We have $4.5 million in penalties this year with Richards Termination fiasco, Prov's salary retention, and Talbot's and Byfield's bonuses.

So our salary cap automatically starts at $83.5 million. We don't have as much money as people realize even with losing Arvy, Roy, Lizotte and having Kopi's salary drop.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Only did not vote Roy and Spence. Roy should have been dealt at the deadline but he deserves a contract.
I would qualify Kaliyev just to deal him. Not sure if that counts.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
No on Roy, stop blocking the kids
We are not going to make the playoffs with what the Kings need defensively from Roy, unless you make other defensive moves.

But maybe if he wants too much more than projected in hockey comparables then you could let him walk.

I would tell Doughty we may not be competitive for a cup with kids coming in and see what he says.

So Blake has to decide about Roy before the draft, so I would sign him and if it is too much or you can get an upgrade at LHD trade him.

You can also consider trading Englund but you will need some type of enforcer in your forward group if the LHD you acquire does not fill that role.

The roster is not just one or two moves easy, it is going to require contingent moves.

I would resign Roy either way and even consider keeping him ND having someone play the off wing.

Like Byfield played with Kopi and Kempe, some time with DD might be good for Clarke.

Not every game, every opponent or every shift but definitely when you are trying to come back from a deficit.

"UFA's are free to sign with any team, and their previous team receives no compensation. UFA's can begin meeting and interviewing with all teams on the day after the Entry Draft (or June 25 at the latest). They cannot sign contracts with new teams until July 1 at 12pm Eastern. This is the most common type of UFA."

Really all RFA's are assets so I resign them all for one year as well after the draft if you can't move them at the draft. Or even before the draft so they are

more attractive signed to other teams.

That's the way I voted.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
We are not going to make the playoffs with what the Kings need defensively from Roy, unless you make other defensive moves.

But maybe if he wants too much more than projected in hockey comparables then you could let him walk.

I would tell Doughty we may not be competitive for a cup with kids coming in and see what he says.

So Blake has to decide about Roy before the draft, so I would sign him and if it is too much or you can get an upgrade at LHD trade him.

You can also consider trading Englund but you will need some type of enforcer in your forward group if the LHD you acquire does not fill that role.

The roster is not just one or two moves easy, it is going to require contingent moves.

I would resign Roy either way and even consider keeping him ND having someone play the off wing.

Like Byfield played with Kopi and Kempe, some time with DD might be good for Clarke.

Not every game, every opponent or every shift but definitely when you are trying to come back from a deficit.

"UFA's are free to sign with any team, and their previous team receives no compensation. UFA's can begin meeting and interviewing with all teams on the day after the Entry Draft (or June 25 at the latest). They cannot sign contracts with new teams until July 1 at 12pm Eastern. This is the most common type of UFA."

Really all RFA's are assets so I resign them all for one year as well after the draft if you can't move them at the draft. Or even before the draft so they are

more attractive signed to other teams.

That's the way I voted.
They should be realistic with themselves about competing and Doughty should know where this team is at and both parties should have serious talk

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Mods - time for an offseason thread, that encompasses free agents and acquisitions?

Nice to see the cap go to 88M.
Good and bad....it should be all good.
Why bad? Bad is that the agents will get greedy...and I read that Roy's agent was meeting
with Bluc....scary. I hope that the Kings are ready to actually DO the uncomfortable things as Blake said and that would be to get uncomfortable by telling Roy's agent "we are set at RHD for the next 3 years...and better than ANY position...so, we want to thank Matt for his services and his valued time here, in the organization. We feel we would like to help Matt in moving his rights to a team he would be agreeable to play for....can you put that forth to him? At least 6 teams? We''ll do our best to accommodate him" There. That was uncomfortable. Was it cold? That's life in most all walks of life. But it's the truth and Matt is going to get 5+ million, so don't feel he got screwed. Please. the Kings: Doughty, Clarke and Spence is the best position the Kings have right now. They need a #1 goalie, Arvidsson's replacement and IDEALLY a #1 LHD. And at least 1 bonafide line 4 monster that is under 28 and can skate 10 minutes and one to be reckoned with. One that can drop the gloves, hit and play physical. But never be a detriment.

So, with 88 million? What do the capologists forecast?
What trade? (besides Arty)
What signing(s)
Who is the goalie?
Who replaces Arvy? (I suppose they can try to get him on a 2 yr, 4.5 M, but I'd rather move on and get a healthy, 26-29 yr old that has some upside still. 2 back surgeries are enough for me. Love the player, but he's 31 and down trending.

Gawd, I hope that agents are not raising prices. Heard the Kings may be interested in Toffoli...not the worst idea, unless he's getting 6 mil for 4 years retirement deal. NO WAY. If that's the way things are going, get a 27-29 yr old and no 6+ year deals.

Finally. SO MUCH hinges on QB's deal, to see what the Kings can do. Breakout year? Yes. But 20 goals and 35 assists is not massive. It's a great step, but he should do 2 years at 5.5? and bet on himself for the monster deal, the year Kopi is gone. This would help the Kings upgrade this yr and next....Provorov's 2 mil drops off after this year as well.

You should just do post you propose yourself.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Let's talk about the players that should be bought out and the old f's that should be traded.

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Taking mayors info as a potential starting point, I do like L1
PLD -QB- KFi

L2 looks good and you can try

You can switch Kempe to left and try all of Kaliyev (ya know its unlikely, Laferriere, Fagemo, Akil and Turcotte there.

Whoever sticks you leave there and try the leftovers with Moore and Danault.

Whoever is left from that defaults to line 4.

Plus we we will see who Blake acquires and they too can be plugged in where they look good and stick.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I like the Mayor and he is often accurate.

I know many posters here think it's 1975 London, and they are punk rock and the Kings are the government.

All they have is anger and hate.

But its like a trash can full of used rubbers at this point.

Rather talk positively about improvements.

You sure you don’t have that backwards? Hoven’s the one who thinks he’s punk rock, yet behind closed doors he’s on all fours. If he was actually punk rock, he wouldn’t be telling fans they’re idiots for questioning management.

Reactions: Reaper45

Surf Nutz

May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Taking mayors info as a potential starting point, I do like L1
PLD -QB- KFi

L2 looks good and you can try

You can switch Kempe to left and try all of Kaliyev (ya know its unlikely, Laferriere, Fagemo, Akil and Turcotte there.

Whoever sticks you leave there and try the leftovers with Moore and Danault.

Whoever is left from that defaults to line 4.

Plus we we will see who Blake acquires and they too can be plugged in where they look good and stick.

I would start with Kaliyev, then Fagemo, the guys with the most upside if it somehow worked, the guys you maybe don't expect to make it there.

L1

Kempe - Kopitar- Kaliyev

Moore - Danault - Fagemo

swap em if it don't work and if that don't work rotate in the others: Laferriere, Turcote, Akil, even Lee.
-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad