Proposal: Edm-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
A 2nd round pick is a 2nd round pick. Has value but is probably a bust statistically.

Nurse did NOT look like he has nay business ever being a top pairing D. I am not sold on Nurse at all, even at having an NHL future. Maybe he can carve out a career as a #5 or #4, but his IQ and decision making are not NHL quality and those rarely get better.

Eberle is a one dementional winger who is the opposite of what NHL teams want. Add to this Winnipeg being loaded on the wings, and they have no reason to make this move.

Trouba is at worst a #3 D in the NHL going forward. Personally based on his previous play we know he CAN be a top pairing guy, he just needs to get back to how he was.

I honestly think the value and need is not there for the Jets to make this move.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
From today:

"But don’t panic, Jets fans, because Trouba does not sound like a guy readying for an imminent holdout when I ask him the only question that really matters right now: Is there any doubt in his mind he will be in the Jets lineup when they open their regular season next month?

"Not in my mind," Trouba told me here at Consol Energy Center Wednesday night following North America’s 3-2 loss to the Czech Republic in what was the final pre-tournament game for both teams at the World Cup of Hockey.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...e-in-jets-lineup-opening-night-393553661.html
(subscriber protected)

Summary: His agent and the Jets are talking, expects a deal.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Oiler fans please stop with the Trouba proposals!
If you actually watched him(even just the Oil vs Jets games) you would know he's highly overrated and not worth anywhere near what his mom or agent thinks he is. Even fancy stats says he's maybe a 2nd pair(yea yea i know its not his fault jets fans)

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
If the Jets traded for Eberle either him or Ehlers end up on the 3rd line. It's not that he has low value, lhe just doesn't fill a need.

Trouba is at least as good as the guy you just traded Hall for ( except without a nice contract ). The price should be Klefbom or Draisatl (a bit of a overpay), and if you don't want to pay it the Jets will gladly keep him because he is very good and important to this team. :)

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not even going to address the value, which I think is absolutely awful, but this proposal makes little sense for either team.

Edmonton had issues scoring goals last year. The solution to that problem is not trading our most consistent goal scorer, who coincidentally plays the position where we have the worst organizational depth. Trouba also isn't really a need for Edmonton, we need a legit powerplay quarterbacking puck moving d-man, and for all of Trouba's positives, he hasn't shown that he is that type of player.

As per Winnipeg, why would they need Eberle? Trouba isn't signed yet, but that doesn't change that they 1) want him, and 2) don't need a top line right winger because, well, Wheeler. And Eberle is paid as a top line player so they won't want his salary for their 2nd line right winger.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
No interest in Eberle, he’d be our third best RW behind Ehlers and Wheeler. Nurse has a long way to go to prove he’s more than a third pairing guy. If he doesn’t break out this year it’s unlikely he’ll ever amount to much and I’m not interested in taking that gamble. The second round pick doesn’t add much. There is nothing there the Jets would be interested in.
Trouba is really living off of his rookie season.
Not even close to true.

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/6/don-t...you-trouba-has-been-getting-better-and-better

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Isnt Ehlers a LW?

He played LW at the end of the year but he’s primarily played RW (and a little C) in the CHL and for the first 2/3 of his first NHL season.

Who else is on your left side top 6 besides Laine?

Candidates include
Kyle Connor. Marco Dano, Adam Lowry and Alex Burmistrov, Nic Petan and possibly Brendon Lemieux. If none of these work out Stafford or Ehlers can play the left side.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Ah you beat me to it :laugh:

LOL you both beat me to it :cry:

I'm not even going to address the value, which I think is absolutely awful, but this proposal makes little sense for either team.

Edmonton had issues scoring goals last year. The solution to that problem is not trading our most consistent goal scorer, who coincidentally plays the position where we have the worst organizational depth. Trouba also isn't really a need for Edmonton, we need a legit powerplay quarterbacking puck moving d-man, and for all of Trouba's positives, he hasn't shown that he is that type of player.

Read the article already, it’s been posted by 3 different people. The strength of Trouba’s game is driving shot production and offensive zone time.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Oiler fans please stop with the Trouba proposals!
If you actually watched him(even just the Oil vs Jets games) you would know he's highly overrated and not worth anywhere near what his mom or agent thinks he is. Even fancy stats says he's maybe a 2nd pair(yea yea i know its not his fault jets fans)

I'm pretty impressed. It's incredibly obvious from your post that not only do you not watch Trouba, but apperently you have trouble understanding advanced statistics as well. I love how sure you came off while being completly wrong though

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I'm pretty impressed. It's incredibly obvious from your post that not only do you not watch Trouba, but apperently you have trouble understanding advanced statistics as well. I love how sure you came off while being completly wrong though
Where are they then? I keep hearing Jets fans chirping about how great his advanced stats are but they are never posted and it comes down to "It's incredibly obvious from your post that not only do you not watch Trouba" ********. Lets say I only watched him play vs. the Oilers; should I be impressed? :laugh: Was it goaltending, his D partner, or the team having a bad season that made him look bad last season?

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Where are they then? I keep hearing Jets fans chirping about how great his advanced stats are but they are never posted and it comes down to "It's incredibly obvious from your post that not only do you not watch Trouba" ********. Lets say I only watched him play vs. the Oilers; should I be impressed? :laugh: Was it goaltending, his D partner, or the team having a bad season that made him look bad last season?

Trouba's advanced metrics (both offensive numbers and shot differentials) are nearly exactly the same as Adam Larsson's, with similar quality minutes.

Would you say that Adam Larsson 'might be a second pairing guy'

If you actually think Trouba looked bad last year you didn't watch him play AND you never even looked up his shot differentials. Maybe in the future before you try telling a fanbase about their player you should either watch the player or at the very least do a simple google search so you don't come off as ignorant

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Lets say I only watched him play vs. the Oilers; should I be impressed? :laugh: Was it goaltending, his D partner, or the team having a bad season that made him look bad last season?

I’d suggest it’s your inability to distinguish bad play from good play. Alternatively you could just be making stuff up in the hopes no one would call you on it.

The worst CF% Trouba put up against the Oilers last year in an individual game was 57% in spite of heavy defensive zone use in 2 of the 3 games. In the one where he started in the offensive zone more often he was at 67%

http://hockeystats.ca/game/2015020833
http://hockeystats.ca/game/2015020984
http://hockeystats.ca/game/2015020506

Measles

Oct 30, 2015
Calgary
No interest in Eberle, he’d be our third best RW behind Ehlers and Wheeler. Nurse has a long way to go to prove he’s more than a third pairing guy. If he doesn’t break out this year it’s unlikely he’ll ever amount to much and I’m not interested in taking that gamble. The second round pick doesn’t add much. There is nothing there the Jets would be interested in.

Not even close to true.

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/6/don-t...you-trouba-has-been-getting-better-and-better

I really don't like this trade for either team, I don't think they make very good trading partners.

I agree Nurse has a long way to go. As for Klefbom for Trouba that's a bad deal for the Oilers because even if Trouba is an upgrade over Klefbom, it's not a huge upgrade and certainly not worth the extra 3m AAV in cap hit.

But c'mon, you honestly think Eberle would be your THIRD best RW behind Wheeler and Ehlers? Ehlers would have to reach his ceiling to ever produce anything close to what Eberle consistently produces. I mean, don't get me wrong, Eberle is a soft, non-physical sniper (a la Kessel), but his offensive production is definitely elite.

For the past 5 seasons, Eberle is 8th amongst ALL RW in total points and 12th amongst ALL RW for points/GP. Please don't tell me Ehlers is better than Eberle, or is even likely to EVER be better.

Last edited:

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Read the article already, it’s been posted by 3 different people. The strength of Trouba’s game is driving shot production and offensive zone time.

It isn't "offensive zone time" we need, its guys who can transition the puck from our zone out to our forwards at an elite level. Again, Trouba hasn't shown to be that guy.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This isn't the first time I've seen Eberle to Winnipeg proposals and it flat out makes no sense to me. The Jets don't need any more right wingers. It's as simple as that.

Also trading Eberle at this point forces Yakupov into our top 6 while there are no shortage of Oil fans who don't even see Yakupov cracking our line-up this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad