Proposal: Edm-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
You are correct. I missed that one. Still... is was 5 years ago which isn't exactly indicative of the player he is today

And Trouba has yet to hit 30 pts in a season. And he wants how much money? :amazed:

Is he some kinda defensive savant akin to an early 80's Rod Langway?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You are correct. I missed that one. Still... is was 5 years ago which isn't exactly indicative of the player he is today

He's not a perfect player, but definitely more valuable than magic beans. Eberle knows how to score, and that has value in todays era. Plus, I see WPG being a playoff bubble team.

Eberle >>>> mid 1st

Plus Eberle is a right shot and that's a need up front. Believe it or not, the Oilers are trying to win right now. Trading Eberle for a draft pick doesn't help us right now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He had 65 points 3 seasons ago so that's twice ever, 63 2 seasons ago which is pretty much in the 65 point range and 37 points in 48 games which pro-rates to 60+ points in the lockout shortened season. He has been essentially a 25-30 goal, 60-65 point player throughout his career.'

I don't see anybody saying that he's "great", just that it's a vast overpayment to give up a prospect of Nurse's caliber and a 1st line winger for Trouba. I'd do Nurse+unprotected 1st as the absolute max for Trouba and if that's not good enough for the Jets, that's just fine.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
He hit 65 points once, never over... same with the 30 goal thing (once 5 years ago). Last year was a whopping 47 points.

That said, for a guy that Oilers fans claim to think is great, he appears in most of their trade proposals, no matter how many times people say they aren't interested. Not everyone wants a 6M one dimensional forward.

Lets no forget last year he was injuries in preseason and when he came back it took sometime to get into game shape . I guess if Myers comes back and struggles because of injuries/surgery we should base our statements on this season only .

When making a comment it best to consider all the facts . As for the one dimensional winger it can be argue not every one wants a malcontent thats wants to be paid with some of the games best D when he is not on that level yet .

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Lets no forget last year he was injuries in preseason and when he came back it took sometime to get into game shape . I guess if Myers comes back and struggles because of injuries/surgery we should base our statements on this season only .

When making a comment it best to consider all the facts . As for the one dimensional winger it can be argue not every one wants a malcontent thats wants to be paid with some of the games best D when he is not on that level yet .

Still doesn't change the fact that the proposal does not fit the Jets needs.

Jets would rather pay Trouba or defenseman of similar skill than another offensive winger which they have in spades.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Still doesn't change the fact that the proposal does not fit the Jets needs.

Jets would rather pay Trouba or defenseman of similar skill than another offensive winger which they have in spades.

I wasn't saying it filled a need for the Jets . It is fine for them to say no it doesn't fill a need , but when fans bash him and post stats from last year when he was injured I feel the need to post the facts .

As for Trouba sign him already so these threads can stop

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I wasn't saying it filled a need for the Jets . It is fine for them to say no it doesn't fill a need , but when fans bash him and post stats from last year when he was injured I feel the need to post the facts .

As for Trouba sign him already so these threads can stop

Doubtful he signs anything until after the World Cup tournament.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Did you guys forget what you had to give up to get Larsson?

I'd maybe do trouba for Draisatl

Maybe not.
We made our desperation trade out of necessity. . Larsson is a better dman than Trouba at a cheaper price also so no chance we do Drai for Trouba.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
He hit 65 points once, never over... same with the 30 goal thing (once 5 years ago). Last year was a whopping 47 points.

That said, for a guy that Oilers fans claim to think is great, he appears in most of their trade proposals, no matter how many times people say they aren't interested. Not everyone wants a 6M one dimensional forward.

Get your facts straight before you start typing.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
As with all Wpg Edm proposals there is no reason for Edmonton to pay out a big price just to take on Jets headache of dealing with Overhardt then also having to protect 4 D in expansion.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Offer up Klefbom or don't do anything. We have no need for forwards or picks. Nurse doesn't replace Trouba, no matter how much you like him.

Elric

May 1, 2015
In Wheat

He's 26 and signed for 3 more years a 6 mil. He's 6th in goals and points at RW over the last 4 years. The players ahead of him make 25% to say 60% more than he does with the exception of Wheeler (who obviously is worth more). A mid 1st sounds a little light.

Sorry, 7th last 4 years, 6th last 5.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Offer up Klefbom or don't do anything. We have no need for forwards or picks. Nurse doesn't replace Trouba, no matter how much you like him.

Not even straight up so forget it. I will keep Klef at less than 5. Klef has injury question marks but other than that he is as good or better than Trouba. At wayyyy less $

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
the lack of respect Eberle gets is crazy. Most 1st round picks do not turn into 30 goal scorers. But most people on here feel they are much more valuable than a sure thing, first line RW. Awesome.

Flames fan here and agreed 100%. The guy has his flaws, but he's a great top 6 winger.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
... Taking this in a slightly different direction...

How about something along the lines of Myers for the '17 1st and Fayne@50%

Winnipeg opens up a spot for Trouba and gets a decent option to replace some of Myers' minutes at a cheap rate. Plus the first to go hunting for their needed LH defenceman.

Entstrom-Byfuglien
_______-Trouba
Morrissey(?)-Fayne
Stuart(?)

Edmonton upgrades its top 4. Let's assume Gyrba re-signs at that point, to round out the depthchart.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Myers
Davidson-Nurse
Gyrba

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Learn the proper usage of the ">" symbol. Don't kid yourself, outside of the top 5 picks, teams dream of drafting an Everle type player with their 1st round pick. Not making any comparisons, but does saying a 1st > Crosby because of his cap hit?

The value is there, but I don't think the Oilers would want to give up their only established top 6 RW, and Nurse who still has tons of potential for Trouba and a pick.

I agree Eberle is worth more than a 1st, but I wouldn't trade Trouba for Eberle + Nurse, and I wouldn't trade a first for a second. The value isn't there for the Jets. Eberle is the last thing they need and I think Nurse's upside is Bogosian.

It'd have to be Klefbom +

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I agree Eberle is worth more than a 1st, but I wouldn't trade Trouba for Eberle + Nurse, and I wouldn't trade a first for a second. The value isn't there for the Jets. Eberle is the last thing they need and I think Nurse's upside is Bogosian.

It'd have to be Klefbom +

Klefbom missed a good part of last season due a staph infection. Look up what serious staph infections do to affected tissue and muscle. Read somewhere that he is playing this season with a special foam padding insert to protect the area. That doesn't sound like a guy the Jets would trade healthy Trouba for; too much risk.

The guy is regularly on the shelf.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
and Trouba scored a whopping 21, and Little is a 42P scorer

is Eberle not what you dream Ehlers/Connor become? one dimensional 60+P scorers? or will they change player types into 2 way 80P demons? load of ****

Little scored 42 points because he missed 1/3 of the season with a neck injury; you left that part out for some reason.

The Jets are stacked at forward now, stacked. Competition for jobs upfront has never been higher here. Eberle isn't needed here, like at all.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Eberle + nurse +2nd

For

Trouba + wpg first rounder

Value is there and individual skills wise. Oilers gives out more.
But Eberle (RW) is not needed with his 6M. See Wheeler, Ehler, then Stafford in the 3rd line. Jets would paying 16M+ in that spot alone.

Nurse is not needed. Trouba is greater than him and Jets would want a left D IF (doubt it) they move Trouba.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
In pure value it is a very good trade for the Jets, but Eberle is not really what Jets wants. The German hat-trick man is more of intresse if we can´t get a D-man back...

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Trouba is really living off of his rookie season. He's still a young man with a boat load of potential but his last 2 seasons have been sub par. Nurse for Trouba would actually be a fair trade just due to the needs of each team and Nurse being on an ELC.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Trouba is really living off of his rookie season. He's still a young man with a boat load of potential but his last 2 seasons have been sub par. Nurse for Trouba would actually be a fair trade just due to the needs of each team and Nurse being on an ELC.

Feel free to come back to the thread when you know more about Trouba than his point totals. It's quite obvious that's the limit of your knowledge on the player.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Value is there and individual skills wise. Oilers gives out more.
But Eberle (RW) is not needed with his 6M. See Wheeler, Ehler, then Stafford in the 3rd line. Jets would paying 16M+ in that spot alone.

Nurse is not needed. Trouba is greater than him and Jets would want a left D IF (doubt it) they move Trouba.

I agree. Eberle has no place in this deal. Nurse is in fact a LD though. I think Nurse and a 17 1st is a strong offer. I realize wpg ideally wants a top 4 LD and Nurse isn't there yet, but Nurse and Buff would be an absolute nightmare in 1 or 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad