Proposal: Edm-wpg

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I agree. Eberle has no place in this deal. Nurse is in fact a LD though. I think Nurse and a 17 1st is a strong offer. I realize wpg ideally wants a top 4 LD and Nurse isn't there yet, but Nurse and Buff would be an absolute nightmare in 1 or 2 years.

I think it's a strong offer as well.. I'd consider it IFTrouba was going to be moved, however I'd rather we just sign him. I'm not as down on Nurse as other's are.
As for the OP, The Jet's are trading arguably 2 of the top 3 assets in the deal. The 1st and Nurse could switch places depending on where that 1st falls, but with the amount of rookies projected to be in the line-up this year, it's hard to predict where that may be. So from Winnipeg's perspective we're giving up our top 2/4 22 year old defenseman and a 1st, for a really good top 6 winger that is not needed in any sense, a question mark in Nurse (he'll be an NHL Dman just hard to see where he will end up 2-6?) and most likely a mid to high 2nd. I don't think the Jets are too keen on moving Trouba or their 1st at this point. I think we're a few years away before we even consider trading 1st's IMO.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
trouba is looking for 6 or more

No one outside of the negotiations has any idea what Trouba is seeking; it has never been published as the agent and GM are reportedly operating under a deal to not negotiate in the press.

One local article (that has since been parroted by others in the media) was outed as a guess.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I know Edmonton you have your hearts set on trouba, reading your boards it seems like half the fanbase already has him written into the lineup in ink already. but its not going to happen he's re signing in Winnipeg. you are just going to have to overpay someone else for a dman witch you are good at or draft 1 witch you are not good at. either way get the whiteout out and start erasing.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Eberle + nurse +2nd

For

Trouba + wpg first rounder

Nurse - meh, no interest in him.

Eberle isn't needed.

Much sooner keep Trouba and our 1st or explore more interesting trades if Trouba in fact was traded. This trade holds no real interest and doesn't really help us over all. Pass from Jets IMO.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
If the Jets traded any top-4 D then they would need to add a top-4 d-man, and by extension Winnipeg fans would be reduced to begging the trade board for d-men every day - just like the fans of a few other teams. No thanks.

Why should they do a solid for Edmonton and send them help? Answer: they shouldn't. The Jets are in a position where, if they ever needed to trade Trouba, they then need to add a pick and take back some salary (if required) in exchange for an upgrade such as Lindholm.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Trouba is really living off of his rookie season. He's still a young man with a boat load of potential but his last 2 seasons have been sub par. Nurse for Trouba would actually be a fair trade just due to the needs of each team and Nurse being on an ELC.

Lol you can't be serious?

The Jets aren't going to trade a 22 year old 2/3 Dman for a 21 year old 6/7 Dman cmon now. :laugh: :laugh:

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
Offer up Klefbom or don't do anything. We have no need for forwards or picks. Nurse doesn't replace Trouba, no matter how much you like him.

Winnipeg is in a situation where they're going to have to trade Trouba (or another defenceman) very shortly.

Connor

Aug 17, 2015
If the Jets traded any top-4 D then they would need to add a top-4 d-man, and by extension Winnipeg fans would be reduced to begging the trade board for d-men every day - just like the fans of a few other teams. No thanks.

Why should they do a solid for Edmonton and send them help? Answer: they shouldn't. The Jets are in a position where, if they ever needed to trade Trouba, they then need to add a pick and take back some salary (if required) in exchange for an upgrade such as Lindholm.

This is a fan boy thinking, not management/ownership.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Winnipeg is in a situation where they're going to have to trade Trouba (or another defenceman) very shortly.

No. They can easily protect 4 D in the expansion draft and sacrifice a bottom-6 forward instead - a bottom-6 forward who will be replaced seamlessly in-house by another of the myriad of forwards they own.

Losing a low-end forward is obviously much easier on the roster vs. losing top-end D. Not sure why you'd assume otherwise.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
This is a fan boy thinking, not management/ownership.

No, fanboy thinking is defined by assuming that the Jets would need to a trade a d-man soon... such as you suggested.

Why should the Jets take a step back now and accept a forward in a trade that they don't at all need (like an Eberle), or a downgrade at D (like Nurse)? Nurse should really be starting the year in the A, frankly. If Trouba ever became available in trade, he is a far-greater chip than any of the trade proposals from Edmonton fans have ever acknowledged.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Jets have zero need to trade any Dmen. Expansion draft? Nope, Trouba situation? Nope........Jets are in control of both situations, they don't "need" to do anything. They may "choose" to do something but if they do it won't be out of desperation and take a bad deal, any deal they make will make this team a better team or they won't make it b/c they don't need to do anything.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

With all due respect, this is completely delusional. Why in the world would Anaheim even remotely consider that?

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
With all due respect, this is completely delusional. Why in the world would Anaheim even remotely consider that?

Because the Ducks may not be able to sign him; because they might prefer to accept a high pick and salary reductions in exchange for a modest downgrade at D? The reality is that the Jets now have 10 first round picks aged 23 and under in their organization; they have a ton of currency in their bank to turn Trouba into an upgrade in other words. No way do they trade him for the sort of downgrades expected by many Edmonton fans; that is truly delusional. Like Hunter stated, the Jets trade goal if they were ever to move Trouba would be to improve their roster, both today and going forward. That isn't accomplished by accepting the sort of unneeded players offered in this thread.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Feel free to come back to the thread when you know more about Trouba than his point totals. It's quite obvious that's the limit of your knowledge on the player.

Tell us about him then, there's a real cult around Trouba and I'd like to know why

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Oilers need to keep Nurse he has not even played a full NHL season where he was thrown directly into 1st pairing minutes. He is going to be a great defensemen. He is also expansion draft exempt. I'm not saying Trouba isnt a great player, but keeping the oilers leading scorer over the last 5 years and the rookie defensemen on an elc with a boat load of potential in this trade proposal. Doubt trouba gives much of a discount on his contract compared to what he wants in Winnipeg for Edmonton either, dropping his value for us as well.

Trade just doesn't work well for either team in my opinion.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Because the Ducks may not be able to sign him; because they might prefer to accept a high pick and salary reductions in exchange for a modest downgrade at D? The reality is that the Jets now have 10 first round picks aged 23 and under in their organization; they have a ton of currency in their bank to turn Trouba into an upgrade in other words. No way do they trade him for the sort of downgrades expected by many Edmonton fans; that is truly delusional. Like Hunter stated, the Jets trade goal if they were ever to move Trouba would be to improve their roster, both today and going forward. That isn't accomplished by accepting the sort of unneeded players offered in this thread.

If the Ducks aren't able to sign Lindholm then why would they deal him for a lesser Dman who also needs to be signed for a slightly lesser contract in all likelihood? They might as well just fork over the extra $1M/yr or so for the better Dman. Makes a lot of sense for the Jets, makes no sense for Anaheim.

I don't think the Jets will trade him for quantity either or in Nurse's case, an unproven, but it's completely unrealistic to expect a return of a better Dman or in this case being Lindholm, another RFA Dman who needs a contract. Nurse+Eberle seems like a deal that doesn't work for either team, the Oilers because they give up way too much value and the Jets because the last thing they need is a high priced scoring RW.

Ultimately, as is the case in most of these situations, the Jets will likely come to terms with Trouba and all this trade talk will be put on hold. If Trouba really does want more opportunity (which he likely won't get with Big Buff gobbling up all the prime PP minutes) then I expect a bridge contract which takes him closer to free agency.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
If the Ducks aren't able to sign Lindholm then why would they deal him for a lesser Dman who also needs to be signed for a slightly lesser contract in all likelihood? They might as well just fork over the extra $1M/yr or so for the better Dman. Makes a lot of sense for the Jets, makes no sense for Anaheim.

I already essentially told you why; because they have a serious case of the shorts in the front office. The Ducks have budget issues; the Jets conversely are open to spending, per the owner. Anaheim would get cap savings if the Jets took back salary, and improved organizational depth with a high pick (Perry and Getzlaf aren't exactly getting any younger), as well as filling the hole left at D. Not saying it will happen, just that the Jets aim would be to improve their team via something similar, not fill it with unneeded stuff like some Oiler fans seem to expect.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I already essentially told you why; because they have a serious case of the shorts in the front office. The Ducks have budget issues; the Jets conversely are open to spending, per the owner. Anaheim would get cap savings if the Jets took back salary, and improved organizational depth with a high pick (Perry and Getzlaf aren't exactly getting any younger), as well as filling the hole left at D. Not saying it will happen, just that the Jets aim would be to improve their team via something similar, not fill it with unneeded stuff like some Oiler fans seem to expect.

Unless the Jets are taking back Bieksa or Stoner, I still don't see the need for Anaheim to do this. If we're being honest here, Lindholm is much more valuable to the Ducks than Trouba is to the Jets and unless the Jets are taking on one of those boat anchor contracts, the Ducks aren't getting much cap savings out of it and downgrade their defense.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Unless the Jets are taking back Bieksa or Stoner, I still don't see the need for Anaheim to do this. If we're being honest here, Lindholm is much more valuable to the Ducks than Trouba is to the Jets and unless the Jets are taking on one of those boat anchor contracts, the Ducks aren't getting much cap savings out of it and downgrade their defense.

As already stated, the Jets have a ton of currency in their bank now in the form of massive organizational depth gains, and much of it consists of high-end quality. They have several different options to do something quite creative and have zero need to accept any downgrades in exchange for a player that booked top-2 TOI last season on their roster at 5V5 - if they ever needed to trade him that is.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Offer up Klefbom or don't do anything. We have no need for forwards or picks. Nurse doesn't replace Trouba, no matter how much you like him.

Totally agree with this, It's either Klefbom for Trouba or nothing. Nurse is nowhere nearly as good as Trouba. And Trouba and Klefbom are lateral moves at best and considering that Trouba is seeking more then what Edmonton is paying Klefbom the deal doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad