Proposal: EDM/TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mar 26, 2010
And you guys wonder why the hfboards says that Leafs fans greatly overevaluate their players.
Get real. Edmonton’s goaltending is trash. You want to talk about Leafs fans overrating…Oilers fans are way worse at that.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Get real. Edmonton’s goaltending is trash. You want to talk about Leafs fans overrating…Oilers fans are way worse at that.

The Edmonton goaltending may be trash but it is not Mrazek level trash.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
And all Edmonton fans. However, the question was designed for people to attempt to give opinions on what the team would do. Of course, we are all individuals and lack the ability to speak for the team itself including all of its fans.
Some Toronto fans, but otherwise, you are right, it is just a slump.
For sure. Just figured from your replies like the above that everyone needed to specify rather than just say Toronto.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

For trash goaltending Edmonton has a pretty good record . #1 in the NHL in win % . Considering TML D is better , Matthews is better then McDavid and Marner is better then Draisaitl must be all the calls refs are making on the McDavid hooks and grabbing .

The90

Feb 27, 2017
For trash goaltending Edmonton has a pretty good record . #1 in the NHL in win % . Considering TML D is better , Matthews is better then McDavid and Marner is better then Draisaitl must be all the calls refs are making on the McDavid hooks and grabbing .
I mean you’re bottom half of the league in goals allowed and second last in shots against. If the big boys offence dries up a bit, it’s not unreasonable to think they could struggle. Certainly more than they have thus far,

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Mrazek is not a big time no.1 goalie, if the Oilers have any interest in a Leafs goalie it would be Campbell in the summer and for that you want to keep cap room open not commit several more seasons for a Mrazek.

Smith is back skating anyway, probably is not far off, Koskinen has been winning a ton of games so it's not like it's some immediate emergency.

The Oilers would more likely target someone with big time playoff experience at the deadline like Marc Andre Fleury and then go after someone like Campbell as a UFA in the summer as the long term target.

Last edited:

Mar 26, 2010
Cool post man. :nopity:

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Situational awarness, Mike Smith is on IR for ??? Amount of time. Koskinen is 11-2 and the rookie 3-3

No management will trade the only proven NHL goalie they have for an injured one.

It would take an offer that is completely unbelievably inballenced for that to happen.

On overestimating Koskinen, Oilers fans are annoying in general but they mostly hate the guy and I haven't encountered one yet that appreciate at his right value. Edmonton D is not great and I wonder wht this guy would look like away from it.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
EVEN if Mrazek is better (which I don't think he is), this deal makes no sense for Oilers.

I'd like to hear anyone who can genuinely rationalize this deal and explain why it benefits Oilers

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Leafs fan were saying the same thing last year about Hyman . Hyman was going to sign a team friendly deal no way he would sign in Edmonton . If a goalie is coming over from TML it is Campbell or bust and if i am TML no way I let him make it to UFA
Yeah I remember the 2.5x6 years in Toronto fantasies

He's already a millionaire and he LOVES being a leaf. Of course he's going to take a massive discount

Reactions: Ragdoll

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I mean you’re bottom half of the league in goals allowed and second last in shots against...

I mean, they've also been missing their (at least on paper) starter Smith since the beginning of the season, and more recently Nurse, Keith, Koekkoek, and lastly, Ceci.

Reactions: Ragdoll and Samus44

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I mean you’re bottom half of the league in goals allowed and second last in shots against. If the big boys offence dries up a bit, it’s not unreasonable to think they could struggle. Certainly more than they have thus far,
We're aware. We don't like being outshot every game, but it's a testament to how well Koskinen and Skinner have been playing that we are 2nd last in shots against but still winning so many games. I do hope we can tighten that stuff up though.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
We're aware. We don't like being outshot every game, but it's a testament to how well Koskinen and Skinner have been playing that we are 2nd last in shots against but still winning so many games. I do hope we can tighten that stuff up though.
Definitely a silver lining with it that’s for sure.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No (because of Mrazek injury) but I counter with Ryan/Kassian for Kase/Kampf. You need grit, we need bottom 6 help.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs fan were saying the same thing last year about Hyman . Hyman was going to sign a team friendly deal no way he would sign in Edmonton . If a goalie is coming over from TML it is Campbell or bust and if i am TML no way I let him make it to UFA

It's true we didn't think Hyman would leave but Hyman was always replaceable because Hyman was a depth piece and depth pieces are always replaceable that's what makes them depth pieces.

If you need proof of that theory I present Michael Bunting he's been everything Hyman was for about 85% less money.

Campbell will get signed because Campbell is the guy he's the leader in wins, he's the leader in save% among starters, he's tied for 2nd in shutouts he was among the leagues 3 stars for November.

Jack Campbell and Zach Hyman are not the same Zach Hyman is and was a depth piece, an incredible depth piece but still a depth piece.

Jack Campbell is closing in on being a core piece those are the guys you keep

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

Having Nurse, Ceci & Keith should impact that drastically. Hard not to forget all the rookies we have filling spots for the time being.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
No (because of Mrazek injury) but I counter with Ryan/Kassian for Kase/Kampf. You need grit, we need bottom 6 help.
The leafs need grit? They already have Simmonds and Ritchie up front. What do they need 4 tough guys for? It’s not ‘83 anymore

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The leafs need grit? They already have Simmonds and Ritchie up front. What do they need 4 tough guys for? It’s not ‘83 anymore
My bad. I keep reading how the Leafs get pushed around too easily in playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad