Proposal: EDM / OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That's a bit of a mixed bag really, he signed some reasonable contracts and some he overpaid on.
RNH and Hyman look reasonable but the term he gave them is huge.
Nurse and Kassian are way overpaid.
Personally I think Barrie is overpaid.
Anyway, this has all been argued dozens of times on here.

I think the term for those players is pretty normal. They were always getting the max and it cut down the AAV. No surprise there.

Nurse isn't really overpaid by the market standards for a guy playing #1D. Ironically, it was Holland himself who allowed the market to be set this way when he acquired Keith and let Chicago sign Seth Jones for the amount they did. Dominos were going to fall they way they did after that. He must have been kicking himself he didn't sign Nurse for $7.5 like he could have a few months earlier. Big mistake.

I dunno about Barrie being overpaid. Maybe? He lead all defensemen in points last year. They wanted to protect Bouchard but as it turns out they didn't need to. At least this isn't a 7-8 year contract.

You're right this has been litigated a million times already.

I think there may be a deal for Varlamov - Barrie still. The Islanders could certainly use the help on the power play. The Oilers certainly could use the help in goal. Maybe this is just wishful thinking? The HF boards never get trades right anyway.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
So using that logic ottawa should be excited to trade batherson for a 3rd because they only used a 4th to get him?

They drafted him (what a steal), so it's not really apples to apples as a comparison. That said, if they traded for him, and he was having the worst season of his career, yes.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Mate, did you not just read the quote I posted of yours from this page? I even bolded the part where you address each one of your points above.

I'm not arguing about what you said earlier. I am litterally posting one of your most recent comments in the conversation which is in response to the salary cap post above it. Scroll to the top of page 4 and read the first two posts by McDNicks and then you and tell me anything I said doesn't make sense.

You're attempting to strawman me for some reason when all I did was join the conversation harmlessly lol
No, you cherry picked one line where I was addressing the other guys capfriendly page and then assumed that is what I was proposing. Even then you stated that I think a bunch of things that I didn't say.
The conversation started like this.
Him "We have x millions to sign Yamo/JP"
Me "From what I can see you have x millions but you need to sign 9 players including Yamo/JP & a starting goalie."
It started with facts and numbers but as usual it devolved from there.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
They drafted him (what a steal), so it's not really apples to apples as a comparison. That said, if they traded for him, and he was having the worst season of his career, yes.

I think the very important point is that players value change year to year and month to month.

How many assets were used to acquire someone, or where they were drafted, has zero impact on how much they're worth months or years later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad