Proposal: EDM / OTT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Wouldn't trading Barrie give them the space to sign both Puljujarvi and Yamamoto?
Most likely, yes. JP started off hot, but his pace has flattened over the past couple months. Yamamoto has picked up his play, but still leaves a lot to be desired.

JP over 4M AAV and Yamamoto over 2.75-3M AAV would be a mistake. I think we likely see a JP bridge for a few years at 3.25-4 and Yamamoto is either traded in a package for an upgrade, or something like 2.5M for 3 years.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I'd rather take JP out of it. Yamo and Barrie or Yamo and a pick/prospect for Brown.

I think moving both Yamo and JP for Brown just opens up another hole again at RW.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
1st + Lavoie + Koskinen for Brown (50% retention for 1.5 years)

Brown comes in and probably becomes the Oilers best and most dependable RW. Lavoie stocks the RW shelves for the Sens and we could use the first round pick.

Hopefully go out and draft Kemell to replace the long term RW hole from trading Brown.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
1st + Lavoie + Koskinen for Brown (50% retention for 1.5 years)

Brown comes in and probably becomes the Oilers best and most dependable RW. Lavoie stocks the RW shelves for the Sens and we could use the first round pick.

Hopefully go out and draft Kemell to replace the long term RW hole from trading Brown.

Koskinen, for better or worse, is our starting goalie with a 16-8-2 record. We can't/won't dump him.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The guy has three points and a career high of 19 five years ago. If you got a 6th rounder I'd count myself lucky.
Yeah, I guarantee you're wrong. This is what happens when you don't know the player at all but try to talk as though you do.

I can almost promise you Ottawa wouldn't move Watson for a 3rd if it was offered up. He's the exact type of guy you want on your 4th line wing, starts 75% of his shifts in the D-Zone, is super physical, good forechecker, blocks shots fearlessly... scoring is not part of his job description.

Tyler Ennis has 18 points in 35 game!!! Wow!!! I guarantee you there are far fewer playoff teams who would want him than Austin Watson... and for good reason.
I'd rather take JP out of it. Yamo and Barrie or Yamo and a pick/prospect for Brown.

I think moving both Yamo and JP for Brown just opens up another hole again at RW.

Yamomoto is not a sufficient main piece, does not even touch the needle as a main piece, in a C. Brown trade.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The Oilers won't have any issues keeping Pulju and Yamo in regards to the cap.

They've got $11M in space next year with Klefbom's LTIR. If they move Barrie and Kassian, they'll have close to $20M in space. If Smith ends up on LTIR, they'll have over $20M. Hell, they could have close to $30M in space if Keith retires.

The assumption that the Oilers will basically just give away Pulju and Yamo because of the cap makes this proposal really bad.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
The Oilers won't have any issues keeping Pulju and Yamo in regards to the cap.

They've got $11M in space next year with Klefbom's LTIR. If they move Barrie and Kassian, they'll have close to $20M in space. If Smith ends up on LTIR, they'll have over $20M. Hell, they could have close to $30M in space if Keith retires.

The assumption that the Oilers will basically just give away Pulju and Yamo because of the cap makes this proposal really bad.

Agreed, and will just add that Barrie really isn't a good fit for Ottawa. Only guy from Edmonton I think a deal could be worked out for is Kassian.

Razor Face

Feb 17, 2020
zero interest in this as a sens fan. Don't want Barrie or Yamo and C. Brown for JP doesn't make us better

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, I guarantee you're wrong. This is what happens when you don't know the player at all but try to talk as though you do.

I can almost promise you Ottawa wouldn't move Watson for a 3rd if it was offered up. He's the exact type of guy you want on your 4th line wing, starts 75% of his shifts in the D-Zone, is super physical, good forechecker, blocks shots fearlessly... scoring is not part of his job description.

Tyler Ennis has 18 points in 35 game!!! Wow!!! I guarantee you there are far fewer playoff teams who would want him than Austin Watson... and for good reason.

Yamomoto is not a sufficient main piece, does not even touch the needle as a main piece, in a C. Brown trade.

Derek Ryan starts most of his shifts in the defensive zone too, that doesn't inherently increase his value.

Colton Sceviour also forechecks, starts a lot of his shifts in the defensive zone, is physical, and blocks shots fearlessly. He just passed through waivers. Watson has *zero* value to Edmonton.

Puljujarvi is the main piece, not Yamamoto. Puljujarvi value > Connor Brown value.
Yamamoto value >>>>> Austin Watson value. There aren't enough >'s in the world, really. 30 year old muckers with 2 goals literally grow on trees. Every team has a guy in the minors that can do what he does.

OP's logic, I assume, is that Edmonton would have to lose both of the above parts of this trade - and make no mistake, they absolutely do - in order to dump Barrie. Which is also not true.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Derek Ryan starts most of his shifts in the defensive zone too, that doesn't inherently increase his value.

Colton Sceviour also forechecks, starts a lot of his shifts in the defensive zone, is physical, and blocks shots fearlessly. He just passed through waivers. Watson has *zero* value to Edmonton.

Puljujarvi is the main piece, not Yamamoto. Puljujarvi value > Connor Brown value.
Yamamoto value >>>>> Austin Watson value. There aren't enough >'s in the world, really. 30 year old muckers with 2 goals literally grow on trees. Every team has a guy in the minors that can do what he does.

OP's logic, I assume, is that Edmonton would have to lose both of the above parts of this trade - and make no mistake, they absolutely do - in order to dump Barrie. Which is also not true.
I never said he had value to Edmonton. There are other teams in the league, though. By the way, Sceviour really isn't comparable to Watson, nor is Ryan. Way smaller, hit 1/3-1/4 of the amount, blocks half the amount of shots... just a completely different type of player and a completely different presence.

I never said it was a good trade, in fact I said it was a bad one so, again, you are telling me something completely irrelevant.

Read the post I quoted. Literally the first words are "take out JP", and then an offer of Yamomoto + for Brown. To use your wording, there aren't enough >'s in the world, really.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I never said he had value to Edmonton. There are other teams in the league, though.

I never said it was a good trade, in fact I said it was a bad one so, again, you are telling me something completely irrelevant.

Read the post I quoted. Literally the first words are "take out JP", and then an offer of Yamomoto + for Brown. To use your wording, there aren't enough >'s in the world, really.

I will be floored if Ottawa gets anything more than a late pick for him. He's one of those guys that you probably just hang onto because the return won't be worth upending the room. For example we apparently had mid-pick offers for Chiasson last year and said no.

You said it was a bad proposal, you didn't say for who.

Depends on the pick/prospect. If you get offered Yamamoto and a 1st for Brown you run to the bank before someone sends Holland back to bed. Yamamoto and Petrov or Bourgault you similarly sprint to the bank.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I will be floored if Ottawa gets anything more than a late pick for him. He's one of those guys that you probably just hang onto because the return won't be worth upending the room. For example we apparently had mid-pick offers for Chiasson last year and said no.

You said it was a bad proposal, you didn't say for who.

Depends on the pick/prospect. If you get offered Yamamoto and a 1st for Brown you run to the bank before someone sends Holland back to bed. Yamamoto and Petrov or Bourgault you similarly sprint to the bank.

Lol, I responded to two people saying it was a bad proposal - including you - saying yes, it's bad. If you can't get the contextual cue... jeez.

Ottawa won't trade him because he's a valuable part of our team. Ottawa has no need for a 3rd rounder in exchange for a player who is important to us on & off the ice, fills a valuable role, and makes very little money. You don't know what you're talking about, and its funny because you whine all the time about people not watching Oilers players they comment on when you do the same, with inflated confidence.

And again, you are saying irrelevant crap by adding pieces that are significantly better than Yamomoto in response to me saying Yamomoto does not move the needle as THE MAIN PIECE in a Connor Brown trade.

If you can't take the time to read & comprehend what you're responding to, I'm not gonna bother with you any more.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I would definitely be interested in Connor Brown joining the Oil. What about this:

To EDM: Brown, OTT 3rd 2022

To OTT: Yamamoto, Turris (cap purposes), EDM 1st 2022

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol, I responded to two people saying it was a bad proposal - including you - saying yes, it's bad. If you can't get the contextual cue... jeez.

Ottawa won't trade him because he's a valuable part of our team. You don't know what you're talking about. And again, you are saying irrelevant crap by adding pieces that are significantly better than Yamomoto in response to me saying Yamomoto does not move the needle as THE MAIN PIECE in a Connor Brown trade.

If you can't take the time to read & comprehend what you're responding to, I'm not gonna bother with you any more.

Now who's talking out his ass? I wouldn't trade Yamamoto for a mid-low first, nor would I trade him straight up for a prospect like Bourgault or Petrov. Funny you're getting all pissy about Austin Watson and Connor Brown being "undervalued" but talking never ending bullshit about Kailer Yamamoto, who has more goals than both guys combined.

Reactions: Ragdoll

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Now who's talking out his ass? I wouldn't trade Yamamoto for a mid-low first, nor would I trade him straight up for a prospect like Bourgault or Petrov. Funny you're getting all pissy about Austin Watson and Connor Brown being "undervalued" but talking never ending bullshit about Kailer Yamamoto, who has more goals than both guys combined.

Lol ok bud. I would take Bourgault or a 1st over Yamamoto any day - and, to be frank, wouldnt have much interest at all in either piece in a C. Brown trade - but I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong or that Yamamoto can't return anything. I just don't have much interest in him to Ottawa. We are, without a doubt, not the team to give up value for him (unless he ends up getting dealt for a 2nd or so).

And since I know you can't read, I'll pre-empt your next argument - never did I say Watson has any value to Edmonton.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009

Great job by Kailer scoring 3 more goals and 3 less points in 16 more games vs Connor Brown.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol ok bud. I would take Bourgault or a 1st over Yamamoto any day, but I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong or that Yamamoto can't return anything. I just don't have much interest in him to Ottawa. We are, without a doubt, not the team to give up value for him (unless he ends up getting dealt for a 2nd or so).

And since I know you can't read, I'll pre-empt your next argument - never did I say Watson has any value to Edmonton.

Ottawa wouldn't trade Watson for a third, but you're valuing Yamamoto's value to Ottawa at a second rounder. :laugh: Good talk bud.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016

Perfectly understandable if Yamo + for Brown isn't really what the Sens would look for. I don't think they should trade Brown at all unless he plans to test the market. I just don't think it makes sense for us either if we move both JP and Yamo, and I think edmonton should retain him for the same reasons I think Ottawa should retain brown.

If there aren't any good adds with Yamo for Brown thats fine too. Much as I like some of the players in Ottawa sometimes teams just don't make good trade partners.

Edit: In a vacuum I think the value is okay, but we all know real life isn't in a vaccuum. Think there's too many people trying to talk down players for whatever reason because they don't like the trade. That's fine to not like the trade but it doesn't have to be because player x doesn't have any value. Hate that about the trade boards.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Can't see Jesse on the move in a deal like this. He's got the most potential of all the pieces involved, and he's still just 23. Connor Brown is probably on a lot of teams radar's, but I don't think this proposal makes Edmonton better.

Ottawa gave up a 4th round pick to get Austin Watson, you don't think they'd jump if they were offered a 3rd for him?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Can't see Jesse on the move in a deal like this. He's got the most potential of all the pieces involved, and he's still just 23. Connor Brown is probably on a lot of teams radar's, but I don't think this proposal makes Edmonton better.

Ottawa gave up a 4th round pick to get Austin Watson, you don't think they'd jump if they were offered a 3rd for him?
I think sometimes players are more valuable to a team than a return they might get on him. The third rounder doesn't really help the team, but apparently Watson is currently helping the team, so I can understand why they might not want to flip him just because they'd get a pick back that's higher than the one they paid for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad