Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Something is going to have to give unless we want our cup window to only be this upcoming year. Drai needed to take about 12.5, McD about 14, and Bouch about 8 if we wanted to be really competitive
Actually, I don't think this has to be the case. It might mean moving on from Kane but by the time McDavid's deal starts I don't think this will be a big deal.

What it will require is smart moves that fill the roster out with cheaper players who want a shot at winning.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
If they can win a cup in the next year or 2... No one cares about what we are paying Leon Draisaitl in 8 years..

If we don't... yikes.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Sad day for Leafs fans, sorry buds. Leon only
makes this commitment because his right hand man 97 told him he plans on doing the same. He could have made as much or more money in a warmer market as a UFA, but this confirms the core is committed to Edmonton.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why does it guarantee that?

and what’s wrong with McDavid making more than Drai?

Are you that desperate for anything to complain about that you can’t control?
Why does it guarantee that McDavid will make the same contract?

And there's nothing wrong with McDavid making more money because he should be, but we do have to be cap conscious.

I don't understand why you're taking umbrage with what I'm saying. It's a fine contract, I was just hoping it would come in a little cheaper. Bouchard and McDavid are going to have some rich contracts of their own very soon.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Will be interested to see how he does 5 on 5 this year. That’s the part of his game that worries me. But hes been given such bad wingers that its hard to tell. Hopefully with RNH/Skinner and Arvidsson it will help him out.

He is money on the PP in his office though.

Reactions: McDoused and Duke74

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Glad we can both laugh at your need to set unrealistic expectations so that you can then complain about them

lol
I'm sure you could have tag many other posters and not just mine

lol

So many Oilers fans here big mad that IN THEIR OPINION he’s overpaid by 0.5M…they’d be ok with 13.5 but 14 is just awful.

Time to take the rest of the offseason off from this place. Some of you just live to be miserable.
You won't be missed.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
So many Oilers fans here big mad that IN THEIR OPINION he’s overpaid by 0.5M…they’d be ok with 13.5 but 14 is just awful.

Time to take the rest of the offseason off from this place. Some of you just live to be miserable.
So true, such a predictable reaction. My first reaction to seeing Drai sign for 14mil was to wonder who on HF would be pised off over it.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
What HFOil was "hoping for" couldn't be less relevant.
That works for guys like Nurse too then. HfOil didnt just make up numbers but looked at comparables. Giving Drai 8.5M was risky for what he had accomplished at that time.
No one expected him to be a 100+pt player or score 50+ goals.

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah, the last 3-4 years are gonna be pretty bad, but lets be honest, they were gonna be pretty bad at 12.5 as well. The much bigger problem is that this very likely means that the team can't be competitive during the first 4-5 years of the contract either, which would have been much more likely at 12.5. Oh well, is what it is.

12.5 was never remotely realistic so why get upset about something that was never happening.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
That works for guys like Nurse too then. HfOil didnt just make up numbers but looked at comparables. Giving Drai 8.5M was risky for what he had accomplished at that time.
No one expected him to be a 100+pt player or score 50+ goals.
It's weird to have to explain this, but what HFOil "hopes for" is never, ever, ever relevant to the actual workings of a professional sports team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad