Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Welp bye McDavid
giphy.gif

Apr 29, 2017
Pretty much as expected. There was never any reason to panic. His agent said they wanted it done by August 31st so take away the long weekend and voila--he's an Oiler for life, right on time.
I suspect it was going to be announced on Friday but given the tragedy that occurred last week they rightfully decided to wait.

Lost a $100 bet on the AAV but my 29 jersey is still Oilers relevant so I’ll take it

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Glad it’s done. Glad he’s staying.

That’s a bad contract though. It is what it is.
Agree. That's too much. Don't players ever leave anything on the table anymore?

Note : I'm a Leaf fan so I know your pain when it comes to contracts.

Reactions: McDoused

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Glad hes locked up. Oiler for life is good. Wish it was bit cheaper but pretty much expected. The other good news here is that McDavid should be staying as well. Probably had to pay an extra $1m per year to deal with Spector/Matheson :)
Should've gave back $1m so he didn't have those guys asking him everyday in training camp what's the hold up on the contract.:laugh:

Reactions: McDoused

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
WAll that mattered to me was 8 years. 14 million is fair value for what Draisaitl brings to the team.
He’s going to be the highest paid player in the league for at least one season. That’s not fair value any way you slice it.

Thomas Tatar

Yeah not loving the cost. I love the commitment to the Oil but it’s hard not to commit when you’re the highest paid player in the league. I figured these guys would give the team a bit of a break knowing that it will give them the best chance of winning. Good news is though, when McDavid signs we can do our best to get rid of Nurse and they can’t complain because they are locked in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad